Hands - on IT Manager for small and mid-size organizations needing to expand their current systems, networks, and structure to support their growth. Implementing Windows Networks and programming in various languages to develop hardware and software solutions to integrate and enhance business processes.
Skills: Strong Project Management multifaceted experience in a divergence environment. Previous environment included Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2 (with SQL Server Reporting Services - SSRS), Exchange 2007, ISA/TMG server, Cisco Wireless Access Points, ~175 pcs running XP to Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013/2010/2003 , Progress Databases, VB.net, Syteline (ERP Application), & html.
Development languages: Current Environment Vb.net & Progress. Previous environments TOAS, Clipper, Lotus Notes.
Confidential, Richland, MI
Technical Analyst Lead
- Support 4 remote sites.
- Lead Developer on the .Net side of business.
- Implemented and maintain ERP system
- Augmented ERP system with hundreds of customizations for lean business processing.
- Designed and created fab monitoring system to monitor production on 50+ machines in real time
- Designed and created a fab bin system to material tracking
- Created company portal as an information repository. Tracks customer complaints, ISO documents, business process flows, continuous improves, sales vs. sales forecasts, quote tracking, training, etc. (Similar to MS SharePoint).
- Created Quote Model
- Business Process Streamlining / LEAN initiatives
- Setup and manage AD, Exchange, MS SQL, ISA / TMG
- Developed training materials for computer classes (ERP, MS Office, Portal, etc.).
- Implemented Sunbelt Vipre for virus/malware/spyware protection
- Support all commonly used software in the organization (Microsoft Office, Open Office, Symix, FAS Accounting, Snag-it, Allen-Bradley RS-Logic Controller software (for presses, punches, anodize hoist line, etc). Answer IT related questions about Autocad.
- Documented computer systems and standardized IT procedures
- Manage Maintenance Work Order Program (PMC). Wrote programs to integrate with internal systems.
- Implemented barcoding technologies for inventory control and Shop Order processing. Including custom labels for most of our customers integrated directly into our ERP system.
- Implemented and administer a VOIP Shortel phone system.
- Bowers Manufacturing Website changes
Confidential, Kalamazoo, MI
IS Manager - Systems Analyst - Network administrator
- Managed Confidential ’s Novell Network
- Managed NT servers running Lotus Notes
- Developed applications in Lotus Notes.
- Designed and developed ERP software
- Managed Cisco switches for off-site warehouses
- ISO 9002 Core Team member. Responsibilities included writing software to aid in ISO Certification and implementation. Also served as ISO Auditor. Performed monthly audits.
- Purchase agent for computer equipment for domestic and international locations.
- Network Support (hardware and software) in the UK office, as well as a production office in Texas. Both offices are running software from Kalamazoo office.
- Worked with our UK Managing Directors to design, layout, construct, and implement Confidential ’s networks.
- Determined Goals and Budget for department and ensured that those goals are met within budget.
- Oversee and program Nortel phone system.
- Project leader for Y2k project.
- Developed training materials for quarterly classes.
Systems Integrator and software designer
- Integrated Dragon Natural Voice Recognition Software at Kijabe Hospital with existing Pathology database (2006).
- Designed Dragon Natural Voice Recognition system for Mbingo Missions Hospital Bamenda Cameroon (2008)
- Designer and primary programmer for Confidential Lab Software Solution - Hospital Management software (2010 to 2015, 2017 to current).
- Used by Missions hospitals in Africa and Asia to track patient care, lab, revenue, and surgical procedures. Most installed hospitals see between 300-500 patients a day. In-patient service tracking as well.
- Has multi-lingual, multi-culture features.
- Integrates with some x-ray equipment and some lab equipment to directly feed into the web site.
- Comply with PAACS standards. Another group is working on building a phone app to integrate with the database.
- Project Manager for all installs and upgrades. (2006-2015, 2017 to current.)