- A highly competent Business Analyst, adept at requirements development and management with over 7 years of experience in Telecommunications, Information technology, Health care and, Banking sectors.
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get clear understanding of business processes and gather business requirements.
- Excellent conceptual and working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Object Oriented Analysis and Design and Agile Methodology.
- Experienced in managing requirements from project inception through release.
- Demonstrated strong abilities to manage multiple priorities in a highly dynamic agile environment.
- Experienced in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), User Requirement Specification, and Functional Requirement Specifications. Experienced in creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams & Activity diagrams.
- Well versed in project management tools like MS Project for project planning, Project scheduling. Prepared weekly project status reports and also updated the project plan as required.
- Organized JAD sessions to gather requirements at various stages. Good understanding of Project Process and ability to analyze business problems and identify solutions. Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement, create prototypes and analyze workflow.
- Excellent Team player. Worked in conjunction with testers (QA), developers and other team members in validating and testing of complex project scenarios and in the maintenance of quality standards of projects.
- Fluent in a broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as MS Project, Access Excel, JIRA and Visio.
- Implemented CMMI methodologies.
- Skilled in performing Gap analysis and Impact Analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end - state requirements.
- Managed Change Requests from stakeholders by conducting extensive Impact Assessments to capture the expected consequence of such changes
- Assisted QA team in developing Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Plans for the User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with proven experience to assist enterprises in making critical decisions.
- Experience with end user support.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives.
- A good team player with excellent verbal & writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and organize workload with minimal direct supervision.
- Capable of meeting strict deadlines and working under pressure.
Project management: MS Project, MS Office
Defect tracking tools: JIRA
Business modeling tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio
Analysis methodologies: Cost benefit, SWOT
SDLC methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
Database management: SQL, SQLite, MySQL, MS Access
Programming languages: C with data structures, C++ and, Python.
Operating Systems: Windows 98, XP, 7 and Linux.
Others: Clear case, clear quest, Test director, Git hub, Dropbox, QTP, XSL, XML, HTTP, JSP, CurveExpert and, Graphviz,.
- Participated in the requirements gathering and development of web based information systems.
- Followed Agile (Scrum) project methodology to accommodate iterative development
- Developed a project plan using Microsoft Project to schedule and assign work and manage the project. The project plan will be shared with internal team.
- Conducted meetings with internal development team/testing team to ensure that all the requirements are met.
- Develop prototypes based on the decisions made in the requirement gathering sessions.
- Prepare the documentation for the prototypes developed for each module once they are approved and validated by the customer.
- Provide inputs for building new software prototype modules and maintain/modify existing prototype applications.
- Actively participated in weekly/daily status meetings with the team.
- Document the meeting minutes after every meeting and uploading the same onto SharePoint for team reference. Also share the minutes with external team as needed.
- Prepared weekly project status reports and submitted to project manager for review.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure the current project requirements are being met and also to help to maintain bi-directional traceability of requirements.
- Assisting QA team in User acceptance testing of the developed solution, in turn working with project lead with project closeout activities.
- Regular interactions with internal team for any requirement clarifications.
- Co-coordinated with team members on release and ensured that all the features are released as per schedule.
- Clear understanding of the requirements and providing a good communication channel between end users and technical team to minimize the gaps in expectations from end users.
- Provide Analysis, Requirement Gathering, Specifications, Testing Plans, Unit/Functional/Integration Testing execution, and Support for new projects.
- Managed production support issues and assign open issues to developers as needed. Also making sure that they are resolved on time.
- Mentor and train new development personnel on business processes and development tools.
- Responsible for end user support and agency support.
- Conduct peer reviews of all client deliverable documents and document the feedback in defect tracking tool (JIRA) by creating a peer review task tickets assigned to team.
- Analyze all defects identified by team and also validate to ensure accuracy in data.
Technical Business analyst
- Applied technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements.
- Followed Agile methodology to accommodate iterative development
- Functioned as a primary bridge between the business, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Led the requirements gathering phase for the project and created business requirements and functional design specification documents.
- Involved in logical and physical data modeling during the database design phase.
- Participated in ER modeling to design and categorize the entities and attributes of the database using MS Visio.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that requirements were being properly met as the development work progressed.
- Created detailed UML diagrams/Use Cases to describe user interaction and workflow of the tool using Rational Rose, MS Visio and MS Word.
- Interacted with various interfacing teams during development and testing phases to ensure project timelines were being tracked using Microsoft project and resolved open issues from the issues list.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance team to help create test plan document, test cases, and Test data for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Coordinated sprints, from iteration planning through daily scrum, and iteration reviews and retrospectives.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Built effective relationships with clients to develop joint vision for the project.
- Assisted the project manager by managing expectations through careful and proactive communications regarding requirements and changes.
- Ensured that the requirements set forth by the business are captures and documented correctly before the solution is developed and implemented.
- Analyzed processes to ensure that the context and implications of change were understood by the clients and the project team.
- Developed an understanding of how present and future business needs will impact the solution.
- Developed requirements management plan and disseminated the plan to all stakeholders.
- Explained the implications of the decisions to all the stakeholders, and provided alternative solutions when necessary.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
Business Analyst/ Quality Analyst
- Adhered to SDLC(Software Development Lifecycle) and planned the process of development with the aid of MS Project.
- DevelopedFunctional Requirementsand Specifications for the software development team.
- FacilitatedJAD sessionsto discuss the work flow with various business users, stakeholders and project leads.
- Participated inSCRUMmeetings and responsible for addressing, diagnosing, and resolving issues that arise on a day to day basis for the team.
- Worked on Rational Rose to develop theuse cases, and proposed design document (UML diagrams) using MS Visio.
- Worked onRequirement Change Management Systemin Rational Requisite Pro.
- CreatedGAP analysisof AS-IS and TO-BE processes using Rational Rose.
- Interacted with end users throughout the development process togather feedbackand implement changesto meet user expectations.
- Participated in meeting with developers and Quality Analysts to discuss business requirements,develop test plansand detect defects.
- Developed and maintained test scripts, analysing bugs and co-ordinated with development team tofix the defects.
- Manually tested and executedQTP scriptsfor Smoke and Regression testing.
- Defined roles/security models for the portal application with help of SME’s and data architects.
- Createdprototypesto show screen layouts, navigations to users to clarify their front end requirements.
- Coordinated with portal team and other development teams for data interfaces.
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Analyst/ Quality Analyst
- ConductedJAD sessionswith stakeholders, business users at various phases of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to discuss and resolve issues.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- UsedSQL queriesfor extracting desired data from multiple databases.
- DevelopedUse Casesusing MS Visio, and a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverable.
- CreatedAS-ISandTO-BEprocess models, specifications, and process flow diagrams.
- Validated business rules and all artifacts with users, approval and sign off.
- Createdtest plans, test scenarios, test casesfor unit and system.
- Developed andImplemented Test Strategiesusing the Test Director.
- Assisted QA team in testing phase by creating Test Plans and Test Cases documents.
- Created and maintainedTest MatrixandTraceability Matrix.
- Executed test scripts using Test Director.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and reported the results to the business stakeholders.
- Worked ondocumentationfor end user training and conductedend user training.
- Worked onPatient portalthat used Oracle database for data storage.
- Designed screen layouts and navigational features.
- Worked onEDI 834(Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance document) to enroll new members in a healthcare plan.
- Diddata mappingbetween patient, provider and claim application to the portal application.
- DefinedETL(extraction, transformation, load) for the data from source systems to the data repository for portal.
- Coordinated with the portal teams and other functional teams fordata integrationandrollout of changes.
- Defined and documenteddata cleansing rulesfor the data for the portal.
- Identified and documented all business, technical, product and, process requirements.
- Worked with the client to prioritize and rationalize the requirements.
- Defined acceptance criteria for the completion of the solution.
- Worked with android software development kit (SDK) to develop mobile applications.
- Proficient at developing code using Eclipse IDE with ADT plug in.
- Significantly contributed in the database design.
- Adept at using android emulator to develop and test android applications.
- Analyzed and developed according to requirements specified in SRS documents.
- Collaborated with design team to improve the user experience.
- Communicated with product and design teams in an agile scrum environment.
- Delivered high quality, robust and, high performance applications.
- Took pride in implementing compelling user experiences and engaging features.