- I is looking for a challenging position as a Business Analyst where I can deploy and use my technical, academic knowledge and extensive experience in the best possible method.
- Over7 years of IT experience as a Business/Data Analyst in different sectors of business such as Health care, Retail, Banking, Payroll.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Data Analysis, Application Design, Data Modeling, Application Development, Implementations and Data Quality Testing as different segments of SDLC as per RUP’s Iterative approach using UML.
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of object oriented analysis and design concepts, client server applications, service oriented architecture and data conversion needs.
- Experience in Database Design, Entity - Relationship Modeling, Dimension Modeling, Star Schema & Snowflake wif Kimball methodologies
- Experience in upgrades, implementations and support including PeopleSoft 7.0x, 7.5x, 8.0x, 8.3x, 8.8x and 8.9x and SAP PP/MM Configuration enhancement in 4.5 & 4.6
- Functional HRMS experience (HR, Payroll and Benefits Administration, ePerformance), Position Control, Time & Labor, Project Management, Project Lead, PeopleTools, SQR, SQL, Oracle, DB2, Technical Writing, Documentation, Integration Assessments (JAD), Training, Testing (Test Plans & Scripts), Crystal Reports, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Visio, HTML, Front Page.
- Expertise in analysis, design, data mapping/transformations and load processes in conversion projects primarily from legacy systems into relational databases
- Expertise in Business Intelligence/ DSS Data-warehouse projects where data analysis, warehouse design and data mapping are key components in Enterprise Data Warehouse environments
- Excellent experience wif working wif SQL and PL/SQL for designing, developing and testing conversion data from different systems.
- Experience in creating efficient and TEMPeffective requirement and design documentations involving data mappings and the necessary data models using ERD’s.
- Extensive experience in writing Use Cases, Functional specifications, Scenarios, Business processes, Workflows, Process flows, Test cases and Test Plans.
- Hands on experience of using MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Rational tools, Data Modeling tools, ETL tools, Database and Reporting tools.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers and to limit a project’s exposure to the forces of change
- Involved in designing the QA Methodology, Quality Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts
- Experience in coordinating wif the configuration and change management groups for Clear Case Version Control and Build Making process
- Extensive experience using Informatica, Datastage as ETL tools on AbInitio,Teradata, SQL Server(including SSIS designer), DB2 and Oracle Databases (including (Oracle Applications ERP suite)
- Experience in training users to the new systems and working wif different groups to educate them and identify any issues/defects/bugs at earlier stage in the lifecycle
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and a motivated team player wif good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to organize, document and track changes and defects using MR tools like ClearQuest and CaliberRM.
- Specialize in gathering (user) functional requirements using various requirements modeling and UML tools including Rational Rose, Rational clear case and MS Visio.
Front-End Tools: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Suite of Tools, TOAD
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java, HTML, ASP, Visual Basic, Perl
Databases: MS Access, Oracle 7.x/8.x/9i,DB2 UDB, SQL Server 7.x/8.x/2000, Teradata
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, SWOT, Cost/Benefit, RUP
Testing Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, QTP, Test Director
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Power Designer
Data Warehousing Modeling: Snowflake and Star schema modeling
ETL Tools: Informatica, Datastage
Reporting: Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix, Linux
- Interfaced wif business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR). Created test cases and test scripts.
- Ensured all artifacts complied wif corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Lead the efforts of the client architecture team in defining the Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse end-to-end architecture.
- Extensively involved wif PP upgrade from 3.1 to 4.6C.
- Mapped system requirements for Job Functions.
- Worked in As Is To Be functions in the upgrade from SAP 3.1H to SAP 4.6 for PP module.
- Led MM efforts wif e-Business team to develop and implement MM requirements for on-line catalog ordering and EDI Purchase Order delivery.
- Configuration Enhancements for MM module, MRP Mail receipt, Inventory Work Process etc.
- Worked wif the client architecture team in defining tools, processes and technologies to be leveraged on the data warehouse.
- Worked on designing and creating the architecture of data warehousing star schema logical database model using Erwin.
- Evaluated processes and on-going support structures to enable reuse and efficiency.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Developed use case wif UML for new product functionality. Updated SOPs and WIs.
- Documented Software System Requirements (SSR) and BPR for SAP R/3 4.7 and BW teams.
- Updated System Change Request (SCR) forms for Product Data Management (PDM).
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to SSRs and BPRs using DOORS. Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams.
- Utilized RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions wif stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues. ; helped wif design walkthroughs wif stakeholders for base lining architecture.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked wif QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams. Reviewed business process, URS, and functional requirements.
- SAP HCM upgrade(HR, Payroll & Benefits). Coordinated development and testing efforts between functional, technical and user groups. Managed issue tracking and creating project documentation. Provided production support and functionality enhancements to improve HR and Payroll efficiencies.
- Aided documentation of computer system validation lifecycle per regulations.
- Assisted in process modeling; conducted and participated in JAD sessions wif system users; helped wif design walkthroughs wif stakeholders for base lining architecture.
- Involved in detailing project mission, data process flow diagrams, and timelines.
- Worked wif SQL queries for data manipulations. Created logical data models to define business and project requirements of customer management and pipe sales quoting system. Gathered, analyzed, and documented, communicated requirements for logical data modeling in the system including narratives, data flow diagrams and functional decomposition diagrams. Created requirements matrix and tracked solution validation to requirements matrix.
- Using SDLC and Microsoft Project planned scope, cost, requirements and risk analysis of four person web application development team in Visual Studio 2003, ASP.NET, VB.Net and SQL Server 2000
- Project managed the designed and delivery SQL Server ETL system for downloading business critical data from Oracle using two in-house business analysts and contract consultant
- Wrote queries, stored procedures, upload processes and data transform processes to maintain and improve SQL Server 2000 data storage.
Environment: Microsoft Project, MS Office, UNIX, Teradata, Oracle, Windows XP, Rochade (Metadata Repository), Sharepoint, Wiki
Confidential, New York, NY
Epic Business Analyst
- Extensively gathered requirements from all users, experts and laymen to understand the current functionality and assess the needs of the users using RUP methodology.
- Used Requisite Pro for preparing Requirements Documents.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Participated in JAD sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements. Full life cycle project management of multiple small to large sized projects from inception through implementation using Checkfree's Frontier securities and cash reconciliation platform.
- Facilitate prioritization meetings wif impacted stakeholders.
- Coordinate discussions and collaborate wif stakeholders from various regions (Americas, EMEA and PacRim) to gather requirements for new development and enhancement projects and converting them to technical specifications.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of development from gathering requirements, development and testing of functional specifications and test plans, implementation and post production follow up.
- Build and execute use cases to validate functionality works as expected.
- Formulate test plans and assist business users and Risk and Integrity team in testing the application enhancements and improvements
- Build and maintain in-house Visual Basic scripting language code, if needed
- Build formatters, schedule administrator jobs, set up new companies, static and matching rules
- Create reports and queries using SQL Server 2000 and Query Analyzer
- Provide production support to users regarding feed issues, reporting and queries
- Consult wif support and project teams to propose improvements to current process and resolve recurrent production issues
- Coordinate work for development team located off-shore
- Collaborate wif source systems in various locations to relay and implement requirements
- Create training packs for new users
- Converted Business Requirements to Functional Specifications.
- Participated in Business and data modeling by understanding the needs of the business users and documenting the Business Use Cases and System Use Cases.
- Analyzed the problem domain, specified features, and established baseline architecture, developed project plan.
- Articulated UML through Use Cases, use case document by specifying actors, normal flow, sub flow, alternate flows for each and every use case and helped in data analysis.
- Implemented iterative approach, which allowed increased understanding of problem through successive refinements, helped to formulate an TEMPeffective solution over multiple iterations.
- Worked wif development team while using Informatica to develop Data Marts that suited the user’s requirements.
- Reviewed quality wif respect to requirements based on reliability, functionality, & performance.
- Involved in preparing Test cases/Test Plans.
- Reviewed the business test cases wif the business users
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Informatica, Business Objects, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i, DB2, IBM Mainframes, Windows
Business Analyst/ Reconciliation Analyst
- Interacted wif Business Users and gathered requirements by conducting interviews. Obtained feedback and documented those requirements
- Managed the reconciliation of approximately 300 bank, ledger and suspense cash and securities' accounts in various legal entities and currencies on the Frontier/Checkfree application. Performed comprehensive break variance analysis to determine and rectify root cause of each significant variance
- Responsible for automating 100% of all reconciliations on Frontier/ReconPlus
- Developed and implemented system enhancements to improve productivity, reduce costs and improve client service. Successful projects include automating reconciliation of all bonds' bank and processing accounts, MT940 daily statement and Monthly statistical reporting, migration of approximately 600 accounts to a new server in Recon Securities and Regulatory reporting
- Developed and implemented requirements for a break-sheet database to capture the volume of breaks across various products to identify trends, process inefficiencies and improvement opportunities
- Championed the development and implementation of an Investigations database to document and track all Global Private Client wire transfer and check inquiries
- Initiated and directed the activities associated wif Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 certification of internal control environment. Worked closely wif Corporate Audit and Deloitte & Touch to perform assessment of controls.
- Participated in the Risk Matrix project by identifying risks wifin the reconciliation department and ensuring adequate controls are properly placed
- Proficient in various mandatory mandates (Sec 15c3-3, Sec 17A-13, NYSE Rule 440 etc)
- Partnered wif other internal departments (Technology, Finance, Regulatory, Settlements, Corporate Actions, and Repo) to provide analysis and insights towards improving client service and continued to exceed SEP (Service Excellence Program) 92% standard survey rating
- Conducted polls and questionnaires to highlight the disadvantages of the already existing manual system of operation and thus, bolstering the need for an Online Bill Pay system
- Translated the requirements obtained during the requirements gathering phase to the development team and was responsible for the trade off of requirements not feasible for the project
- Conducted JAD Sessions - to develop an architectural solution ensuring that the application meets the business requirements, to resolve open issues, and to update change requests
- Created Use Cases from the list of requirements using MS Visio
- Followed the UML methodology to generate activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and collaboration diagrams using MS Visio
- Documented business workflows textually as well as through state diagrams for the stakeholders review
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD) and User Interface Design
- Used different Data Warehouse techniques like Star-Schema, snowflake schema.
- Used Informatica wif the development team to help design optimal mappings
- Creation of reports like Reports by Product, Reports by Customer, Reports by Period, Demographic reports and Comparative reports. Working wif database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Creation of different types of reports, such as; Master/Detail, Cross Tab and Chart (for trend analysis). Use of filters, conditions, calculations, etc.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Informatica, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, Erwin, Windows NT/2000, JAVA