- Over 7 years of diversified IT experience in complete software development life cycle process including System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and documentation.
- Worked on various business domains such as E commerce, Health care, Web based application projects and retail banking.
- Expertise in different methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall cycle
- Experience in interacting with business users and executives to identify Information needs, Business Rules, Gather Requirements and document them.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, gap analysis, cost/benefit analysis, risk analysis, testing and project planning
- Skilled in translating business objectives into prioritized functional requirements and recommending feasible solutions
- Authored multiple Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents, Functional Specification Documents (FSD) and Use Cases
- Extensive knowledge of UML Design, Rational Rose, MS Visio and have created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Process flow diagrams.
- Skilled in generating project requirements and resolving issues with clients, senior managers, developers, subject matter experts and other analysts
- Proficient in creating and managing requirement traceability matrices and ensuring quality auditing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Rational Rose
- Requisite Pro
- Share point
- Axure 6.5
- HP Quality Centre
- MS Access
- Windows XP
- MS Office 2007
- Power Point
- MS Visio
- MS Project
- MS Access and MS FrontPage.
Confidential, New York, NYC
Business System Analyst
- I review existing documents to identify gaps between the wireframes and the actual business requirements. In doing so I come up with the appropriate business needs
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions with the business and stake holders to figure out business and functional rules for different application features
- Gather business requirements to outline the workflows for the missing elements in the wireframes
- Work on creating functional documents for three different user dashboards
- Create process flow diagrams, using cases and Activity Diagrams for the entire user dashboard experience
- Create a traceability matrix for to test the functionality and report back for the development and texting teams
- Responsible for interacting and coordinating with three different vendor companies off shore and facilitating walk - throughs with the IT team
- Agile (Scrum) methodology for the SDLC.
Environment: MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, share point, MS Power Point, Jira, SharePoint.
Confidential, Allentown, PA
- Identified the potential users for the application, arranged and conducted user interviews in order to get better understanding of the user concerns about the application.
- Categorized the information into three main personas based on user research
- Gathered high level business requirements and documented them accordingly
- Categorized the high level requirements into key main features for the application
- Created functional requirement document for different phases of the project
- Created use cases, UML and wireframes for all the main features of the application
- Created technical user manuals for the Q- Admin Over haul.
- Flushed out all the details of the potential feature options and created prototypes
- Created the API flow from Knewton to softcrylic.
- Implemented the project using agile methodology
Environment: MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, share point, MS PowerPoint, Justintime, Balsamiq
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered high level business requirements for Global Confidential website from Subject Matter Expert located in USA, Europe, China and Canada and documented those requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with users, vendors, SME, and Project Managers for open and pending issues to develop specifications
- Worked on gathering requirement for content management and Search & User Interface
- Created BRD for Content and SUI by gathering Business Requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) through surveys and interviews (group and one-on-one)
- Created Use-Cases and UML diagrams after gathering business requirements and understanding the business processes using MS Visio
- Obtained business sign offs on the documents after thorough review
- Maintained a Traceability Matrix to uniquely trace and ensure all requirements requested have been addressed, developed, and tested by pushing the requirement into HP QC
- Managed and document project using share point
- Implemented the project using Waterfall and RUP methodology
- Currently working on 3 quarterly release projects simultaneously starting from Definition to Testing phase
- Acting as a liaison between the business and IT team
- Created functional specification documents (FSD) which include high level business requirements, functional requirement, high level use cases, Activity diagrams, Non-functional requirements and site Catalyst requirements
- Developed user documentation and training materials
- Involved in writing test case, test scenarios and test scripts for UAT Testing with end users
Environment: MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, share point, MS PowerPoint, HP QC, Rational rose, Axure RP Pro 6.5, MS Project
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Reviewed existing documents to understand the gaps in their AS-IS process and design a strategy for process re-engineering
- Worked with the Project Manager to keep track of Project Status, operational requirements, action items, deadlines, environment request, and compliance Issues
- Creating and maintained product and sprint backlogs
- Gathered business requirements to sync existing member claims EDI-837 to the newly received EDI-834..
- Documented the User Stories, Functional Specification Documents, UML diagrams and Use Cases for different functionalities
- Coordinated with the IT team and product owners to review documents
- Coordinated with Edifices and Agility (external teams) to track system issues based on EDI-834 HIPAA and resolve them.
- Responsible for E2E data mapping from Agility (Source) to Real Time Member System (RTMS) (Destination)
- Responsible for functional web testing and tracking issues and bugs that are detected and updating the status of existing issues based on the daily meetings with the off-shore team in the defect log
- Agile (Scrum) methodology for the entire SDLC
Environment: Windows XP,MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Visio 2003, Edifecs, Websphere, Benefitfocus, Requisite pro, SharePoint, Requisite pro, HP- Quality Center.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
- Interface effectively with business and technical staff and SMEs of the various applications to gain an understanding of the current process.
- Worked on web based application to covert manual e-ticketing to automated e-ticketing system
- Facilitated JAD and Brainstorming sessions with the IS team and other stake holders to gather Functional and UI requirements.
- Created Use case Diagrams, Process flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and conducted Use-Case reviews and identified gaps, leading to improvements/enhancements in the same
- Fully defined and validated the three layer approval process
- Worked on E-Business applications integration and functionality activation
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status, Action Items, Deadlines, Environment Request, and Compliance Issues
- Worked on different aspects of manual e- ticketing form to enhance its usage and make it more useful functionally when converted to automated e- ticketing.
- Developed Business Requirement Documentation, Functional Specification Documentation and Test Plan
- Was responsible for interacting and coordinating with the external vendors and facilitating demos for the entire IT team and Stake holders
- Performed SWOT analysis and cost/benefit analysis for all the COTS products and gave presentation to the Stake Holders.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the test cases prepared by QA team based on the FSD
- Assisted the QA team throughout the testing phase right from Unit testing to E2E testing
- Was responsible for building training materials and training the team members with the new application
- Followed the Agile (Scrum) methodology for the entire SDLC.
Environment: Windows XP, Word, Excel, Power point, MS Visio 2003, SharePoint, PeopleSoft HR, TechExcel Service Wise, HP- Quality Center.
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements and analyzed the requirements using Requisite Pro.
- Served as the primary point of contact between business and technical staff at all levels
- Conducted JAD session with users, vendors, SME, and Project Managers for open and pending issues to develop specifications
- Created High Level Logical Data Models and BRD supporting documents to describe the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements
- Created Use-Case diagram, Sequence Diagram and Activity Diagram after assessing the scope of the Project and understanding the business processes
- Modeled the AS-IS system and performed GAP Analysis to map the differences from the To-Be system.
- Worked with the UI team to model the GUI to meet user defined requirements, organizational and regulatory standards and created wireframe diagrams.
- Reviewed test cases written by QA team and made modifications for better execution of test cases and test scenarios.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in Requisite Pro for use cases and test cases
- Followed the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC
- Coordinated with the PMO to define timelines & schedules for project
- As an assistant project manager, created a work breakdown structure and maintained and monitored Project progress status using MS Project.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and business users to identify bugs and verified resolution through regression testing.
Environment: UML, SQL, Windows Server 2003, Java, HTML, MS Excel, Visio, MS Project, MS Power Point, SQL Server 2005, Rational tool set.
Confidential, Wilmington DE
- Identify internal client and partner business needs by interviews and requirements elicitation session.
- Gather and document feature requirements by developing business cases and use cases.
- Responsible for documenting Activity diagrams, Use Case diagrams Process Flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Conduct gap analysis benefit analysis.
- Coordinate day-to-day decisions, priorities and relevant information by documenting meeting minutes, guidelines, plans, and procedures.
- Identify, plan and manage the design and analysis activity on new business models.
- Involved in the development of a detailed Test Plan and Test cases using HP Quality Center
- Manage project requirements, design document and SIT plans; using organization and internal in built tool.
- Use SharePoint for Web Portal and Intranet Functionality.
- Manage Tests, Requirements, Documented defects, change tracking using Rational Test Manager.
- Responsible for defining SLA between FIS and client
Environment: Agile, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, SharePoint 2.0, Windows7, HP QC, SQL, Java, Dot net, ETL, Oracle