- Risk & Capital Management (~ 29 yrs.)
- Trend, Variance & Comp’s (internal and Vs external), Credit Analysis, CMBS/ ABS, BI, KPI, Variance, (25+)
- Financial & Econometric Modeling and Analysis (16+)
- Forecasting: Stress testing & Statistical Modeling Analysis. (11+)
- FP&A Budgeting, Forecasting, Strat Plan, Variance, and cyclical & secular trend identifications (Over 15 excellent publication years wif records).
- CCAR, Dodd - Frank/DFAST, and 2009 Fed predecessor SCAP) (12+)
- Review model documents, and conduct test runs on model code
- Provide different view on methodology and calculations, and provide feedback to model developers
- Worked on model validation reports wif ad hoc supports
- Control Charting integration wif Strategic Integration (minimum 2 base measures & targets. Timing goals.
- System Risk Tracking, Variance & Correlation Analysis. Modeled Internal & External Multiverse Early Warning Indicators. Control Charting.
- Performs root cause analysis
- M&A: Strategic Business Planning
- New Business Risk Evaluation
- Treasury Management (many assets - Both sides of the fence: Buy PM managed $2 billion+ & sell-sides)
- General Accounting B/S, C/F, P&L
- Account Reconciliations
- Team Leadership (5 team managements in his career.)
- Process Improvement/Control Charts servicing (auto & mortgage)
- Advanced Strategic Fit, Capital Optimization, ROI, DCF, NAV & Sensitivity Analysis by Cost & Rev drivers.
- Familiar wif Mortgage lending processes value chain. NCREIF
- IFRS & USGAAP; Including FAS 133 HA, FAS 157 FV & FAS 159 DVA
- All financial Income Statements
- Data profiling, lineage, and mapping
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Cash Flow & Working Capital
- Policies & Procedures implementation
- Business Process Kaizen streamline
- SEC Reporting Analyses (10-K, HC R/FR Y-9C & 10-Q)
- FFIEC 1101 Modeled Capital Spreadsheets and pro forma Stmts.
- Design model structure including segmentation, data manipulation, internal validation, & and back testing.
Sr. Financial and Business II Consultant
- Modeling, and optimize forecasting and variance scenarios to desired periodicity.
- Verifying & recording cash flows: internal (division reconciliations) & external parties.
- Identify & resolve discrepancies b/n cash flows generated by various Ledger entries.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior Treasury & Finance Analyst
- Journaling interest, currency swaps, & journaling various FASB accounting reports. Hyperion Essbase template. Modeling, & Excel coding international FX credits.
- Identify & resolve discrepancies b/n cash flows generated by TMCC's system of recording and cash flows from external parties.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Business & Finance Analyst
- Identified major Balance Sheet risk months in advanced of major Santander losses: August 6 & 20th, 2015 Merrill advised 4 Dept. Heads and Sr’s.of our "significant credit risk to capital in Marking-to-Market ("MtM") portfolios on a year-end basis”. I was not privy to discontinued op’s (data on the discontinued revolver credit (“DRC”) my warning was based solely only experience & intuition - not seeing the vintage of DRC these assets he had zero idea. (At the time adjusted the DRC was pooled homogeneously and adjusted to an Index on a quarterly basis.) January 27, 2016 in Q4, 2015 Year End Santander reported a $232 million loss in MtM loan portfolio adjustments. After the fact it is now quarterly MtM valuations.
- Capital Modeling Strategic Analysis & monthly Capital Committee Risk reporting of Accounting, Budget/Forecasting, Financial, Credit, ALM, Treasury Analysis. Stress testing Basel III (CCAR, DFAST, HC-R/FRY 9C; 14Q, SEC filings). FP&A, ERP, and advanced VBA/Excel/DB modeling of historical and forecast KPI’s, KRI’s & EWIs.
- Capital Markets (Both “Sell” & “Buy”- Sides Capital)
- Corporate, Partnerships
- Financial and Business Analyses (130+ Companies in Multiple-Sectors)
- SQL, Oracle/Hyperion Essbase/Smart
- HOLT, Factset; Capital IQ,
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Expert Excel (E.g. Range Arrays wif Offset functions, Pivot Tables, MDX VBA formulas, etc.) VBA Macro/algorithm programming,
- BI and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge ACCESS, Advanced ALM (FISERV/Sendero - Pricing Data Warehouses), SUNGARD +
- Derivatives, Mat-lab, Factset, eVestment, Thompson, Capital IQ, Bloomberg Pro., return attribution.
- Multi-factor global data and PPNR, etc. modeling wif back-testing.
- Quantitative analysis (R; earlier SAP (system conversion ) SPSS and forecasting.
- CPMS, PROC & SQL, Baseline, MAP, HOLT ROIC, Visio, Agile (SDLC). Also, skilled in Advanced Accounting Functions (in MPA program and Minored in accounting in MBA)
- Familiar wif and modeled Basel, 2 & 3 (statistics, leverage. VaR, & credit) CCAR & DFAST (Dodd Frank), R (statistical) Sensitivity Analysis and Stress testing, Tableau dashboards
- US GAAP and IFRS.
- Econometric & multivariate modeling, development and modeling of internal & external KPI’s, KRI, Composite and CCAR “Early Warning Indicators”.
- Modeled and conducted firm-wide data analysis on PPNR, as well as loss-estimations via PD, .
- Monthly calculation of Fed & Basel Capital Ratios for FFEIC 101 and Sr Exec. Capital Committee, and IHC reporting. This included TEC, Tier 1, "Additional Tier 1 Capital", Total Risk-based capital, & Tier 2 Capital, & other ratios for reporting to Capital Committee. Advanced FP&A Analysis & Variance Modeling w/ MDX / VBA Including Forecast, trend & cycle analysis, variance tracking.
- Provincial solar projects MO (templates & modeling) TEMPhas now rolled out across the Province. Advanced FP & A - Analysis, Modeling, and Forecasting wif every comprehensive valuation metric, Including rev & cost-drivers, stress testing & sensitivity analysis, KPIs, KRIs, numerous valuation & related metrics. G/L work, credit analysis, tariff factoring and arbitrage modeling and planning.
- Monthly G/L reconciliation and auditing. Sr. Management financial reporting.
Research Financial Analyst
- Global Business & Financial analysis and advanced VBA and Excel modeling of companies, projects, and econometrics in several industries. (Including XBRL linking.) Modeled companies/industries by all evaluation metric (ROI, DCF, FCF etc.)
- All wif KPI’s, & KRI’s Sensitivity Analysis by both Costs and Rev drivers, etc. (Including XBRL linking.) Modeled companies/industries by every valuation metric (ROI, DCF, FCF, etc.). (>75% of Canadian Independent B/Ds has closed post GFC)
Special Project Lead
- “Special Projects Lead Manager” led group of 4 Research Dept. for #1 Ranked Research firm in Canada. Oversaw SDLC of analysis & detailed modeling of global diversified companies wif comprehensive valuation by every metric, wif risk/reward user friendly GUI available algorithms/macros/VBA, & comp metrics.
- Worldwide Research, Business, & Financial analysis wif advanced VBA and Excel modeling of companies & projects: FP&A, Pro Formas, variance KPI & KRI modeling.
- Current/forecast (FP&A) business analysis, & model re-engineering wif stress testing for BMO’s new corporate product introductions.
- Created industry first quantitative statistical “S&D” estimation models forecasting future marginal cost clearing price (given demand estimates). Surprised the department dat he could build this model (original approx. 0+/-lines of code) & ease of GUI.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
Financial and Business Analyst
- Financial and business analysis in diverse research, consulting and advanced financial modeling of international and domestic business and multi-sector equity and fixed income opportunities by every valuation metric (ROI, DCF, NAV, FCF, etc.), wif KPIs, Sensitivity Analysis and forecasting by all Cost & Rev drivers.
- Independently subcontracted to Federal Home Loan Bank for FASB 133 derivatives (optionality modeling) analysis wif model stress-testing wif SQL, SPSS, Bloomberg, & Excel. ERP analysis.
- Researched, analyzed, modeled and provided macro (econometric), trends & variance analysis. (SPSS), investment ideas and reports. Published in Barrons, ISI, Grant's Investor, The Economist, and Ned Davis Research.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Portfolio Management & Business Analyst
- Merrill modeled & programed Bank Stress-Testing back to 7 yr.’s of Pre-CCAR Fed stress-testing and analysis, the “Supervisory Capital Assessment Program” (“SCAP”). Modeled and conducted firm-wide data analysis on PPNR, and loss estimations (from other, pre-SR 11-07 components loss estimation models).
- Merrill was promoted from Analyst to Portfolio Manager of ~ $2 Billon in 3 SEC Registered funds.
- Promoted to Trust Investments Dept. due to my “exceptional accounting, analytical and consultancy skills and abilities” (Dept. Supervisor Pat Thompson). Bank consulting included Mortgage lending processes value chain.
- CMBS/ABS structuring, Capital Risk Assessment and reporting; as well as contributing to Treasury and ERP systems.
- Merrill modeled and programed Bank Stress-Testing back to 7 yr.’s of Pre-CCAR Fed “Supervisory Capital Assessment Program” (“SCAP”) yr.’s
- His advancing concurrent undergrad era s including being the leading producer, and earning 30% firm owner including: IB product structuring
- Credit analysis leading to and trading. First to evaluate structure & trade CMO’s/ABS in his State during ‘structured paper’s inaugural years (circa 1987). V.P. Manager, Trading & part owner including managing/budgeting, & most industry research publications.
- Leading Investment Banking emphasis - Credit Analysis, Deal and Debt Structuring (optionality derivatives modeling), Project Bidding, Origination and Trading. Traded and analyzed early “structured paper” CMOs in their 1st development year (1987, wif leading industry pioneer Ira Saperstein from Kidder Peabody.) Later utilizing SPSS (Pre-IBM), Bloomberg and SQL.
- Early Credit Analysis and Investment Banking included SEC reporting documentation (prospectus). Both historical and pro forma (I calculated row by row by row by hand until ~’91).
- Strategically positioning my firm (acquiring 30% while still in BBA) and myself to maximize strategic advantage and becoming consistently the leading producer.
- Development/econometric modeling and reporting. First research report in 1992 was for Edisto Resources which was acquired wifin 9 months.
- S.V.P. Supervising 5 to 12 people concurrent wif Fulltime BBA & MBA University.