- Business Analyst with 7+ years of experience in Business Analysis and Project Management.
- Good knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Implementing, Testing, Deployment and Maintenance. Skilled in using Agile, RUP and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experienced in conducting GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Well - versed in Business Process Modeling with expertise in creating User Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Highly skilled in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for gathering requirements, and Rapid Application Development (RAD) Sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to customer.
- Proficiency in Scrum Ceremonies such as Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings and Sprint Retrospective Meetings.
- Determined dependencies between enrollment and benefits processes and ensured each Business Areas delivered their tasks on the projected target dates.
- Expert in all phases of the web-based application development and in building Test Plans and Test Cases and navigating through the test lab.
- Collaborative team player/leader with extensive customer relations, experience and proven ability to communicate with peers.
- Well-versed in documentation of Business Requirements Documentation (BRD), Functional Specifications Documentation (FSD), Current-State and Future-State Process Models, Performance Indicators.
- Proficient in design and execution of Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases based on the requirements for the applications.
- Experienced in conducting GAP Analysis, excellent knowledge of AS-IS and TO-BE business processes.
- Worked closely with Project Stakeholders, SMEs and Technical Teams to understand and communicate the requirements & specifications for new applications.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Wayzata, MN
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) to use with the project.
- Collected point-to-point business performance data to Wealth Management and sales team for client database enhancement analysis and coordinated IT department for terminal system improvement.
- Conducted GAP Analysis and participated in daily scrum meetings to made sure everything was on track.
- Formulated Test Cases/Test Plans and built data validation scripts (pre-and post-load) in SQL to check the results.
- Carried out Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and managed the data format.
- Developed and maintained custom site designs with SharePoint Designer and InfoPath.
- Joined Sprint Planning and Sprint Estimation (SPSE) Meetings to create backlogs with Rally.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis and Re-engineered business processes, and implemented performance measures, presented project presentations to the business users.
- Combined Quality Center (QC) and other tools to create, maintain, and store the requirements, and conducted test sets.
- Complied with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Basel III to control the risks.
- Facilitated and coordinated JAD sessions with Business Users to analyze the investment tracking system, application lifecycle, gathered and defined the key performance indicators, documented and presented the Requirement Specifications.
- Designed Process Diagrams to show the workflow and UML Diagrams to clarify the entities and their relationships.
- Involved in Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings to ensure the proper delivery of user requirements.
- Conducted System Integration Testing (SIT) with QA and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the client to discover and document defects.
Environment: Agile, UML, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, SQL, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, Java/J2ee, Oracle 8i, HTML, InfoPath, MS SharePoint.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Wrote user stories for Business Process Flow and System Integration Testing based on the configuration requirements of Guidewire Policy Center for Property Auto LOB.
- Worked with numerous software programs to handle all accounting functions.
- Performed activities supporting the roll out, e.g., the UAT template for Business User for QA, QA Action Item Register Template, the User Sign Off, the Help Desk Script and Action Steps and Site Maintenance Document.
- Managed the implementation of a third-party package implementation of a policy administration system; managed the third-party vendors.
- Created Test Cases for rating, output, inputs, applied to Auto and Home LOB, along with multiple Class Plans.
- Responsible for developing annual and mid-year operating budgets by underwriting departments.
- Performed custom data conversions and developed custom software for risk management applications including commercial insurance, life insurance, etc.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding Requirements Management Plans, Functional Requirements, Supplemental Requirements, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and MS Office Suite to perform required job functions.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Conducted mass user interviews with brokers, enterprise user representatives and SMEs.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro and MS Visio.
- Analyzed standard industry practices of back office applications of insurance company, underwriting, billing, policy and claims administration with the help of Subject Matter Experts.
- Executed test scripts and coordinated/conducted UAT testing.
- Handled various P&C Insurance projects like Auto Rate Redesign, Home Rate Redesign, Customer Billing Output, Earthquake Transition, EDI Lien holders and Dwelling.
- Worked on Commercial Lines Property & Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Worked directly with the PMO to contribute to the budget estimates for the programs.
- Prepared requirements document for Commercial Auto, Inland Marine, Crime, Worker's Compensation, Umbrella, Business Owners Policy, Commercial Output Policy, and Commercial Property Package.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project Directors.
- Established documentation for Agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team.
Environment: Agile, RUP, UML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Scrum Work Pro.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for coordination of User and Integration Testing for all mobile web and mobile apps projects.
- Analyzed and mined data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse to explain trends that appear on standard reports.
- Conducted session/workshops to explain web services requests and responses elements created as part of the requirements to development teams, ESB teams, back end IBM sterling team and testers.
- Worked with business experts to gather and document the business requirements necessary to enhance the production inpatient coding compliance business intelligence system.
- Organized and facilitated JAD sessions as required with fellow analysts, decision makers, users, key members from the development team, system architect thereby developed the vision/scope of the system.
- Extensively worked with XML to read and understand the underlying schemas and also to enabled communication between systems.
- Wrote automated Test Scripts for Functional, GUI validation, System, Data driven, Regression and UAT testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Worked with the cross-functional mobile apps team to ensure that all the requirements were compliant with overall project goal and scope.
- Participated in User Story Estimation, User Story Prioritization, Sprints, User Story Testing, and Project Documentation.
- Created UI Wireframes for Product List Pages, Product Detail Pages and Brand Pages.
- Interacted with the SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Extensively used XML, XSL and XSLT for transferring and transforming data.
- Created epics, high-level user stories and decomposing of high-level stories into low-level stories.
- Created and supplied the Qlikview team all the SQL Scripts that needed to pull the data for all the data points in the Qlikview dashboards created for reporting.
- Extensively worked with middleware web service development team like ESB Enterprise Service Bus and Web Logic teams.
- Gathered requirements for catalog browsing and inventory availability for a WebSphere Commerce WCS store and transition of requirements to Functional Specification.
- Gathered requirements for order history, order list, order details, cancel order and return label and retrieval of data from IBM Sterling Ecommerce suite.
- Created High-Level Architectural Diagram of the flow of XML web service request and response between various systems.
- Played a crucial role in all the stages of the Rational Unified Process including testing and system integration.
- Assisted the testing team in User Acceptance Testing and heavily involved during business validation and user sign-off.
- Gathered requirements, created user stories using Version One, documented Use Cases using MS Blueprint and UI design Mock ups.
Environment: XML, XSL, XSLT, Version One, Qlikview, SQL, UML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS SharePoint.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for developing applications for physicians' electronic billing and scheduling, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Completed the documentation of Claims Scenario's for the source system.
- Created Mock-up forms in MS Word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Involved in preparing the UML Use Cases using Rational Rose.
- Played an active and lead role in gathering, analyzing and writing business requirements.
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and business and system requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions between the end users and the development team.
- Provided the team with detailed business process models, data integration requirements and data mapping documentation.
- Developed timelines for project delivery and managed projects/resources to successful completion.
- Prepared and analyzed AS-IS and TO-BE in the existing architecture and performed GAP Analysis.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Documented the Functional Specifications Document using UML.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations, GAP Analysis and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly.
- Developed Test Scenarios and implemented Test Plan. Tested the application and reported the bugs to the development team.
- Interacted with the Helpdesk team to investigate and resolve production issues.
- Analyzed the requirements using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, Requisite Pro) and performed the iterative process to develop Use Cases.
- Created RUP Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to analyze the requirements and recommend solutions.
- Worked on modules related to Providers, Contract & Claims and worked with Claims, Provider Attributes enabling EOB & Remit rules associated with Provider configuration process in QNXT.
- Configured Claims, Provider and Member Data via EAI tools for RAPS file and TRR files to CMS for Risk Management.
- Developed business process flow with UML and RUP methodologies/tools for Work Flow and Use Case Diagrams.
Environment: RUP, UML, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, MS Word, MS Excel, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Project.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Applied RUP model throughout the entire development and testing process.
- Gathered Business Requirements, analyzed data/workflows, and defined the scope.
- Involved in development of Business and Technical Requirements in preparation of Design and Functional Specifications for Business Needs and Processes.
- Worked closely with Business Users to determine the workflow of the product.
- Performed walkthroughs of the prototype with end users to better understand user needs.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensured that critical requirements were not missed.
- Followed the UML based methods using MS Visio to create Use Case Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Prepared Logical Process and Data Models that contained set of diagrams and supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the data elements to analyze and document Business Data Requirements.
- Met with client groups to determine User Requirements and Goals, thus converting User Requirements into Business Requirements and User and Technical Requirement Specification.
- Facilitated collection of Functional Requirements from system users, and prepared Business Requirement Documents.
- Responsible for claim adjudication like Medicare Claims, Professional Claim and Institutional Claims.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Toad, SQL, Business Objects, MS Visio, Oracle, HTML, XML.