- Object oriented Business Analyst for 8 years along with 2 years as a Scrum master with extensive experience in requirements gathering, analysis and translating the requirements into clearly defined business requirement specifications and implementation of complex IT projects in financial domain.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle process which includes Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Experience in managing and implementing business process modeling and requirement management in large financial systems.
- Experience in conducting JAD sessions with end - users, SMEs’ and development team for project meetings, walkthroughs and customer interviews.
- Strong project management skills including planning, project scheduling, work breakdown structures, size resource and effort estimates, monitoring and reporting.
- Skilled in identifying the data requirements, preparing Data flow diagrams, Data analysis and Data mapping, Process mapping.
- Applied the "As Is" and "To Be" process designs to identify any potential process gaps and as well as improvement opportunities.
- Proficient in using MS Visio and UML for generating Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Expertise in creating Business Rules, User Stories required for documenting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and system requirement specification (SRS)
- Created Test Plan and executing Test Cases based on Design document and User Requirement document for testing purposes reports in Business Objects.
- Conducted GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Worked as a Scrum Master and conducted the Scrum Ceremonies which included standup meetings, sprint review and retrospective meeting.
- Experience in Using Congo’s TM1 for Enterprise planning.
- Experience in creating sprint burn-down charts conducted release backlogs.
- Good Understanding of OOPS concept and Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) BA.
- Extensive experience with Data Warehousing, Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Experience in assisting with implementation of Change Management.
- Motivate team players with excellent business analytical, communication, presentation and management, technical and written skills.
- Certified Scrum Master.
Operating Systems: Mac OS, Windows 7/8 Vista/XP.
Project Management: SDLC models, JAD, RAD, Cost and Time Estimation.
Business/Modeling Tools: MS Project, TABLEAU, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, IBM Cognos, TOAD.
Requirements Management: Rational requisite pro, Dashboard, Microsoft share point 2007/2010/2013.
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Test Tools: HPQC, JIRA, RALLY, VERSION ONE, Mercury Quality Control.
Database: MS Access, Oracle (ETL), SQL Server.
Financial and Financial modeling: Equities, Fixed Income, securities, bonds and derivatives, insurance, mutual funds and check processing, trading & risk environment, interest rates, equity, treasuries, Loan and Mortgage concept.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Primary requirements engineer for Personal line Hub Homeowner’s product for Duck Creek and Portal end users.
- Coordinated with off-shore teams in daily calls to clarify requirements, triage defects and ensure the delivery of business needs.
- Fostered team dynamics with changing team size to align with Agile Standards and with practices as Standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming and product owner review.
- Worked with Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, and Duck Creek Consultants to define the Project and Sprint Backlog.
- Analysis of the new requests specified by the end users for future releases and discussion with the functional and technical teams in Production (RUN) Support.
- Developed all project documentation including screen-mock-ups and screen flows, Visio diagrams for current and future states for business processes, use cases, defect log and user acceptance criteria.
- Interacted with client and the Technical Team for requirement gathering and translation of Business Requirement to Technical specifications.
- Capture and prioritize business requests and author user stories in Confluence.
- Identified and clearly defined functional issues and support IT development staff throughout the design, development, unit testing, and implementation phases of SDLC.
- Closely worked on providing functional support to End to End and UAT team before Go-live date.
- Helped QA’s by conducting the requirements testing.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) before production release.
- Identify and understand the business problem and the impact of the proposed solution on the organization’s operations.
Environment: Agile framework, Share Point, MS Visio, MS office, Jira, Snagit, Google Suite, Confluence.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Business Analyst/ Scrum master
- Created requirements deliverables on Personal Lines Auto, Home, Umbrella and Commercial Lines Businessowner’s, and Umbrella Policies for Agent Portal and Policy Center.
- Worked on requirements embedding case folder with Claim Center, allowing full activity of ECM within Claim Center.
- Writing user stories for Business Process Flow, System Integration Testing based on the Configuration requirements of Guidewire Policy Center
- Involved in designing business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Facilitated with product owner for prioritizing the user stories and creating repositories of the user stories in the product backlog.
- Facilitated requirements gathering by having meeting with SMEs and other work streams.
- Actively took responsibilities of business requirements by providing functional support to Dev & QA teams.
- Worked as primary contact person for managing changes to project requirements by administering the change management processes.
- Part of a Policy Center team that routinely delivered 65+ points in 2 days to close out multiple two and a half week Sprints
- Responsible to track document, capture, manage and communicate the requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for the project.
- Provided support on adding functional requirement scope toproduct backlog.
- Tracked bugs & defects to meet project's quality and contractual requirements.
- Worked on validating test cases based of requirements.
- Constantly worked as great team player & support by providing guidance on work efforts.
- Provided support to off - shore design, development and QA teams to meet business needs.
- Facilitated product demo to agents & executives.
- Created Jira stories and bugs.
- Consulted UX/UI developer in developing wireframe for user stories.
Environment: Agile framework, Share Point, MS Visio, MS office, Jira, Snagit, Google Suite
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Identified and understand the business problem and the impact of the proposed solution for Enterprise operations.
- Provided executable solutions/alternatives on improving the processes and implementing standardization across all the different streams.
- Worked on requirements gathering for Policy & Billing center by conducting workshops with 8 different work streams including Marketing departments, E-Business units, and Agent representatives, Underwriter, Memberships and Document Production.
- Consulted UX/UI developer in wireframe for user stories.
- Documented & articulated the requirements on Story cards.
- Assisted EPMO V.P. In providing solutions & strategy on building road map for the Business department for the company.
- Performed Gap analysis by observing the organizations current stage & recommending what is required (the GAP) to reach the required goal.
- Created Methodology specific for BAs working in Agile & Hybrid agile environment.
- Provided solutions on updating the current tools & templates.
- Conducted BA Competency analysis of the BA from different streams.
- Worked on translating business objectives into system requirements.
- Responsible for creating and distributing Weekly Status Reports for P.M & V.P.
- Extensively used MS SharePoint and MS Excel to keep various stakeholders to document and display Artifacts.
- Conducted the sprint-planning meeting, daily scrum meeting, sprint review meeting and sprint retrospective.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases based on the business requirement/use cases in conjunction with the Business Owners.
- Interacted with QA/Dev teams to lay out the requirements and took notes of the changes as and when faced.
- Actively Involved in tasks like on boarding, delegating and transitioning ongoing offshore Dev and QA teams from Ernst & Young.
- Worked with E&Y consultants on creating Enterprise End to End business process flows for guidewire.
- Participated with integration team on marking all the integration pointers on the workflows for the QA SIT team.
- Tracked defects in HP ALM as and when required.
- Tracked Changes request from all functional streams (PC, BC & CC) using JIRA & did impact analysis on whether they are affecting the Business Process Models or not.
Environment: hybrid - Agile framework, share point, MS Visio, MS office, HPQC, SQL, Windows 7, Jira, Tableau.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Developed a Business strategy on how to enter and penetrate the North American market, developed a marketing strategy on how to spread awareness and create the TECHO brand awareness.
- Proposed reasonable strategies to differentiate the product.
- Successfully executed the BA process such as Entity Relationship diagram, Gap analysis, and Process evaluation.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of test cases for Identity and access management.
- Facilitated collection of requirements from system users and preparation of Business/Functional requirement documents utilizing waterfall methodology to provide appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Analyze and prioritize requirements and use them to outline timeline for completion of goals.
- Performed GAP Analysis with system functionality and existing Business Processes.
- Used Waterfall process for analyzing the productivity in communicating specifications to design & development team.
- Analyzed and designed Use Case Diagrams using Visio.
- Managed scope and requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Discuss and propose conversion / interface solutions with the clients and users.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System testing and Regression testing.
- Wrote Test cases, test scripts and test plans for UAT
Environment: MS Visio, Tableau, MS Suite, SharePoint, Wireframes, MS project, JIRA.
- Interacted with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather user requirements and their expectations from the system.
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements and developing System Specifications.
- Analyzed monthly/quarterly performance against plans and forecast and recommended corrective actions.
- Assessed business priorities and advised business units on risks and Cost-Benefit analysis.
- Organized cross training of team members and users to become more responsive.
- Participated in the development and preparation of the Test Plan with the testing team as well as ensuring testability, reliability, usability, maintainability and performance of the application.
- Involved in incident reporting and change and configuration management procedures using Clear Case.
- Ensured that the modifications suggested by the users were incorporated into the application.
- Formed a bridge between the Project Manager and different teams with effective presentations.
Environment: Waterfall, MS office, Share Point, MS Visio, Snagit
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Conducted interviews with project managers, business users to collect requirement and business process.
- Formulated Test Plans from Business Requirements/Function Specifications documents.
- Created several Test cases that cover the entire Functionality of UAT using Test director.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test cases.
- Responsible for creation of test documents and procedures.
- Manually performed functional testing that includes Security, Systems Testing.
- Experienced in Black Box Testing.
- Developed and executed test plan, test cases.
Environment: Waterfall, MS office, Share Point, MS Visio, Snagit