- 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst and Data Analyst specializing in Banking, Finance and E - commerce Industries.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC with different methodologies, such as SDLC, Waterfall, Scrum, RUP, Extreme Programming and Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid.
- Proficient in authoringBusinessRequirement Document (BRD) and deriving Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Instrumental in clarifying business requirements, experienced in performing Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Traceability Matrices, SWOT Analysis, and Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Highly experienced in using Blue Print as a tool for documenting business requirements, creating diagrams, making versions of FRD, etc.
- Hands-on in Data Analysis, System Analysis, Data warehousing, Data Migrations, Data Processing and ERP applications.
- Rich Experience in managing entiredataanalysis project life cycle and involved in all phases, includingdataextraction,datacleaning,datavisualization anddataanalysis with large datasets of structured and unstructureddata.
- Worked on data profiling and analyze data in the database SQL server by running SQL queries. Expertise in running SQL quires on oracle databases, Microsoft server etc for the purpose of data analyst.
- Dealt with simple complex SQL queries to extract data from database for the purpose of data analysis and testing and extensively used DDL and DML Commands in SQL.
- Manage key department business intelligence applications and data warehouse acting as the technical liaison for data warehouse / business intelligence issue.
- Spearheaded the business process and technology implementation of the first-ever centralized global payment data analytics and reporting process
- Accomplishments in analysis of large-scale business systems, Project Charters, Business Requirement Documents, Business Overview Documents, Authoring Narrative Use Cases, Functional Specifications, and Technical Specifications, data warehousing, reporting and testing plans.
- Experience with Project Management, in the areas of Project Planning including Project estimations (cost, dates, resources) using MS Project (MPP).
- Extensive experience in creating/executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases and assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- In depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Design and review of various documents including the SRS, FRD, SRS, Use Case Specifications, data requirements, RTM, GUI Requirements, SLA’s, RFP and project initiation document.
- Sound in Suggesting system automation solutions to business problems or opportunities; providing automated solutions that are cost effective and that meet user requirements.
- Supporting developers with unit testing and troubleshoot where the issues emerging.
- Experienced in creating tableau dashboards, worked with different types of data visualization charts in tableau.
- Expertise in GUI testing, Functionality testing, System testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Front end testing, Back end testing and Regression testing of Client/Server and Web based applications
- Demonstrated capability in managing people, leading teams on various complex projects.
- Experienced in writing System Use Case Specifications, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Change management, Risk Management, Workflows and Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams, Web Portal Content Management.
Modeling Languages/Tools: IBM RUP, Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Project, Balsamiq wireframes
Database: MS Access, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle
Management tools: MS Office suite, Outlook, SharePoint
Business Intelligence& Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI, SSRS
Requirement Gathering Tools: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Visio), Caliber, Doors
Testing/Reporting Tools: HP ALM Quality Center, QTP, Bugzilla, JIRA
Requirement Management Tools: Rally, Jira, SharePoint, TFS, HP ALM, Confluence
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Configures, implements, and maintains information systems/applications.
- Partners with business leaders on research, design, build, configuration and operation of niche platforms (e.g. Financial Systems, Wealth management, Risk Systems, Treasury services, Sales Tracking Systems).
- Received commendation for building internal Web site that consolidated various marketing programs and incentives available to qualifying customers, used in generating sales.
- Working with Process Performance Lead to align process improvement opportunities with associated key performance indicators (KPI) cascade model
- Well defined background in regulatory compliance with banks and other financial industry services.
- Created documents of the use cases and created the use case, activity, logical, component and deployment diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose, Data warehouse to communicate clearly with the development teams.
- Exceptional knowledge of regulations polices guidelines procedures regulations and laws governing the banking industry such as Portfolio Management, Investments, Fixed Income Products, Asset Management, and Capital Market.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software. Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML methodologies.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality
- Created Business Requirements Gathering sessions in the form of questionnaires and business scenarios with the end users, subject matter experts (SME) and the developers. Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys and prototyping.
- Demonstrated skills in critically conducting the GAP Analysis throughout the projects in evaluating/ analyzing the existing standards and policies to determine the improvements
- Authored functional requirements based on the needs of users. Authored a governance plan detailing the rules and policies for the SharePoint Project.
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions
- Designed, tested and implemented ETL processes using Informatica and COBOL II in migrating data from an IBM DB2 database for loading into a NCR Teradata Financial Data Warehouse
- Redesigned web services methodology for the application while implementing reusability from different servers. Liaised with the technology team to derive Functional Requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between software development and other internal teams, including product management, quality assurance and client services to ensure successful implementation.
- Responsible for Risk Analysis to detect the risks associated with the development of the new system. Additionally, formulated a Mitigation Plan to remove or reduce risks of high severity and one that would have major financial impacts.
- Played a pivotal role in conducting Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Managed databases providing extensive reports as required by regulatory bodies
- Worked with QA team in identifying test cases/test data and lead the business team for UAT.
- Documented all custom and system modification. Assigned problems to appropriate software development team for fixes. Tracked problems from start to correction and test.
- Interacted with technical team in allowing them to make a better navigational plan for the project flow which would further make a better user interactivity tool for the application.
- Signed off progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
Environment: s: HP Quality Center, MS Visio, SWIFT, ACH, SharePoint, BizTalk, MS office, Serena Business Mashups (Defect Management Tool), SQL, VB script.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Business Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Working with the team responsible for developing EY’s global technology solutions and serving as a Sr. Business Analyst within an Agile software development life-cycle, utilizing an on-shore / off-shore model and multiple world-class vendors
- Conducted JAD sessions with clients, 3rd party vendors, end users, developers and other team members to distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguished solution ideas from requirements
- Critically evaluated the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding
- Utilized TFS tool and followed agile methodology for Backlog Grooming - gathering and analyzing user requirements for the Client External Application
- Led cross-functional teams to analyze and understand the operational impacts and opportunities of technology changes
- Interact with project stakeholders to elicit and document Functional Requirement Document, Business Requirement Document
- Involved in conducting backlog grooming, stakeholders’ interviews, facilitating team’s weekly meeting, story acceptance and daily Scrum meeting
- Documented process flows and developed requirements for functional improvements and enhancements using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies
- Prepared data requirements, including epics, user stories, use cases and system specifications.
- Creates custom SQL queries, creates Excel dashboards, KPI matrices graphs for data visualization/reporting
- Works in Implementation projects for converting data from legacy target systems, assists in data warehousing
- Interviewing skills, work with customers about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirement information and document project functional specification
- Partner with project stakeholders to manage requirement change requests throughout the project and update the Change Requirement Document
- Coordinated the work efforts of 8 person team for various projects. Helped team complete tasks successfully and on-time and resolved obstacles encountered by team members.
- Coached team members on agile processes and facilitated planning meetings and retrospectives. Maintained task board and produced daily burn down charts.
- Involved in business modeling using swim lane diagrams in MS Visio, drawing layouts to explain process flows to the developers
- Tested the application for specific End User testing on its compatibility on various web browsers like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
- Used Microsoft SharePoint to share data files, organize data files, and search files.
- Used Microsoft Outlook to arrange meetings
Environment: Agile, Methodology, MS project, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), MS SQL 2008, Informatica power center, JIRA, HPQC.
Confidential, Ada, MI
Senior Business Analyst
- Involved in prior documentation and business process to understand the scope and development of the system being developed for a retail operations system that was being developed.
- Facilitated JAD, Interviews sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their viewpoints with each other with the end user client who takes care of the retail store as well as some of the executive managers at the retail store.
- Assisted Project Manager in doing a Cost Benefit Analysis to propose costs relative to budget with the Cost Review Committees and made sure that the triple constraints (Time, Scope and Money) were take care of.
- Improved the business process and incorporated workshops and analyzed the processes to get an insight view of the design and workflow of the actual processing of the application of this retail store.
- Performed GAP analysis to define gaps between As-Is and To-Be processes and understood the business requirements of the system and developed the process maps in VISIO for better understanding of stakeholders.
- Reviewed and Analyzed Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and translated them to System Requirement Specification (SRS)and developed requirements that are included in RFP’s
- Ensured all requirements are captured in templates and made sure maintained a delivery plan template and updated it accordingly.
- Analyzed the business processes identifying the system capabilities and constantly made sure that the requirements were immensely understood by development team, made sure that requirements were properly conveyed to the team from the stakeholders.
- Assisted in design review meetings so that all the requirements are within the project scope and does not adhere to Scope creep.
- Involved in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Strategies using HP Quality Center and arranged triage calls between developers and testers so that the bug cycle was taken care and made sure that requirements didn’t get deviated.
- Participated in Release planning and assisted Product Owner to baseline the sprint timeline as well as to lay the roadmap for the release
- As a Scrum Master ensured the team is effectively and actively performing as a team. Ensured that the team is self-organized and collaborative in nature to develop the product in an evolutionary and timeboxed manner ensuring product delivery on time.
- Performed pre-grooming and grooming sessions just to make sure that the team becomes familiar with the scope of the project.
- Facilitated Scrum Ceremonies and ensured that the team follows their process and pursued continuous innovation in their practices.
- Used JIRA to keep track of the issues that are logged and in-progress and wrote acceptance criteria for each user story and applied BDD Behavior driven development and TDD Test driven development and made sure that the stakeholders understood the business.
- Generated Sprint Burndown and Product Burndown charts which helped Product Owner to plan accordingly. Tracked and effectively communicated team’s velocity and sprint/release progress to the stakeholders to assure them about the development.
- Involved in breaking down the user stories into task satisfying SMART criteria with the help of Scrum team.
- Conducted Sprint review meeting by inviting all the stakeholders including the Product owner and reviewed the demonstration platforms for proposed solutions of Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) to the stakeholders and collected feedback.
- Used SSIS for transforming data from source to target destination, SSAS for analyzing the data and updating multiple databases with the product information and SSRS used to update the reports in Database and SSMS to manage all these queries.
Environment: Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Use Cases, User Stories, Product Backlog, BRD, SRS, Unit Testing, UAT, Business Case
- Participated in analyzing business requirements and developed functional requirement documents.
- Conducted workshops and interviews to gather the requirements and analyze Software Requirements and Business Requirements documents to get better understanding of the system on Technical and Business perspectives.
- Worked as a User\Customer Advocate and negotiated with user as well as with developers and management staff to resolve any requirement conflict to BRIDGE the gaps between IT and Business Client.
- Used MS Visio to create various UML diagrams like Use cases and sequence diagram.
- Facilitated the Root cause of the situation to determine why we need the proposed software.
- Created sample wireframes to make system better understood by Business and Technology Teams.
- Involved with QA in preparing of Test Plans and Test case for the User Acceptance Test (UAT)
- Worked closely with Project Manager for any change request and
- Helped creating and modifying SQL queries to match the requirements.
Environment: Waterfall, UML, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Office, SQL Server, Visual Studio.
SQL Developer/ Business Systems Analyst
- Identified scope and business rules of the project by working closely with clients.
- Hosted JAD sessions with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) & management personnel to reduce the time spent on gathering requirements. Helped in creating BRD&FRD.
- Based on Business value vertically sliced Epics into user stories during Product Backlog Grooming sessions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Hybris version and provide upgrade recommendations
- Extensively used INVEST criteria to write User stories along with Product owner, development team and Scrum master. Also wrote Acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Participated in various scrum ceremonies like Product Backlog grooming sessions, Sprint planning meeting, Daily Scrum, Sprint review meeting, Sprint retrospective.
- Created Mock-up and wireframes using UI components for enhancing customer experience using MS-Visio.
- Suggested Hybris implementation for inventory and software products
- Used SQL select, update, delete queries to retrieve, update and remove data from databases to verify browser interaction with Database.
- Worked on SOAP, XML and created API gateway for payments in Service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Assisted User acceptance testing (UAT) with Sr. Business Analyst in environment setup, identified stakeholders, defined acceptable criteria for scripts to pass. Worked on HP- UFT.
- Tracked entire project using Rally, kept track of team involved in each phase, communicated defects to team involved and made sure tickets raised are resolved.
- Prepared test reports, success criteria and bugs report using MS-EXCEL, MS-Office.
- Assisted in creating various Tablix, Matrix, snapshot reports using SSRS for analytics and management reports.
- Creating different types of SSRSreports like Parameterized, Drill through, Drill down,sub reports using tables, cross tabs and charts.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum hybrid, Rally, MS-Visio, SQL, Hybris, LoadRunner, MS Office suite 2010, HTML 5.1, CSS, SQL Server, Wireframes, REST, SOAP, SOA, XML, SSRS, Salesforce CRM, HP-UFT.