- 6 years of experience in IT industry As a Business Analyst with Finance Domain, experienced in gathering user requirements, documenting requirements, technical writing, business analysis, system analysis, testing, and implementation of projects.
- Proficient in conducting requirement gathering sessions, JAD sessions, and Interviews with Stakeholders, Business Users and SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to understand detailed functional aspects of business process and carefully recorded the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical teams.
- Knowledge in Analyzing, Creating and Reviewing of Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Specification Documents (FSDs), System Requirement Specification (SRS), and User Story document.
- Having thorough knowledge of SDLC Environment including Agile, Waterfall and RUP.
- Proficient in conducting Impact Analysis, Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Expertise into creating Sequence diagrams, structured diagram, Activity diagram, System Flow charts and Use case diagrams.
- Good control and Usage on MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Project, JIRA and Valley.
- Worked with Business teams and Scrum Master on daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
- Excellent track record for meeting deadlines and submitting deliverables on time.
- Have a good exposure in performingVerificationandValidationactivities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills in designing, developing and implementing business processes using new approaches and technology.
- MS Project
- Rational Rose
- Rational Clear case
- SQL server
- Power BI
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Managed workload, schedules and coordinate status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
- Involving in weekly, monthly closing activity. Experienced in module implementation, program testing, and report generation and inventory management. Good exposure on DRP activity, which involved backup policy and other important data related activity.
- Flows to describe present and future systems.
- Read and analyzed regulator financial documentation.
- Analysed business needs to meet the compliance and transforming them in business and functional requirements.
- Helped project manager to decide the releases and estimation of work in order to meet the compliance date.
- Compared the results and tracked the differences in excel.
- Accountable for setting appropriate processes around any change in business requirement.
- Developed traceability matrix to ensure each high level business requirement is mapped to set of functional requirements.
- Worked closely with business, development and testing teams in order to ensure that project deadlines are met successfully.
- Managed weekly backlog metrics and various management reports to understand the current status of various teams and take corrective actions as recommended in order to meet project timelines.
- Actively participated in defect meetings to ensure clarity around defect and its timely closure
- Helping the design team come up with the appropriate mock - ups of the screen based upon the business need.
- Helped business teams to standardize Eligibility Inquiry Responses with Additional Services and enhance patient identification criteria.
- Streamlined eligibility responses by eliminating duplication and same time provide more information on the response generated for a Service Request.
- Applied UML methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams in Rational Rose.
- Configured Subcontracting & consignment process.
- Ensured report integrity and filing with regulators, as well as compliance with firm wide policies and standard operating procedures.
- Assisted in resolving and responding to ad-hoc requests from management, other groups and regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
- Partner with immediate management and provide input to improve quality of reported results.
- Served as primary regulatory liaison for notifications, questions/follow-ups, and issues and errors.
- Developed communication plan / content for reporting of status and escalation of key issues; create executive-level presentations.
Confidential, Lake success, NY
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Provided technical and business support for Project Manager and Consultants on projects.
- Conducted interview session and brain storming session with management.
- Customers and stakeholders to create a trendy mobile and web experience for customer.
- Documented business rules to analyze Omni Channel method.
- Created scope and business requirement documentation from inception to final business approval.
- Drive the completion, review and approval of Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Omni-channel Expose enterprise functionality through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) so that they can be accessed through mobile applications on the customers’ smart devices
- Performed gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Created of current state and future state documentation.
- Validated and obtained sign-off on scope, functional requirements/specifications.
- Assisted Work stream Manager with solution design.
- Managed and documented changes to requirements throughout the project.
- Prepared documentation including process flows, controls, assessments, business requirements, test scripts.
- Executed test scripts, which may include some data entry, with an eye toward mastering product knowledge.
- Prepared project documentation and presentations for meetings, including meeting notes and issue logs.
- Create and review test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Assisted with formulating the plan, scope, and objectives to ensure consistent analysis, design and development.
- End-to-end responsibility for User acceptance testing, including the design, implementation, and oversight of the execution.
- Helped desk or other systems through Web Sphere portal.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Reviewed user and/or Operations requests and conducting data-gathering interviews. Preparing and organizing background data to support change requests.
- Partnered with various business units to define solutions for business needs. This includes documenting business specifications/rules, drafting business requirements, identifying multiple approaches, preparing evaluation/formal recommendation of alternate approaches, drafting detailed design specifications, and conducting requirements/design reviews.
- Acted as a liaison to both internal and external technology staff. Working with investment accounting system or trade feeder vendors, and/or internal programming teams to ensure business requirements are fully understood. Knowledge of the system(s) supported (including inputs, screens, processing logic, and output as well as interface with the other systems is required.
- Designed tests, developed detailed test cases and test plans, conducted tests, evaluated and documented results, resolved issues, and ensured all associated procedures and released documents were updated.
- Modifications being tested relate to systems/interfaces/ applications/reports/programs those were part of an overall investment accounting infrastructure. Testing often involves the use of various test tools to prepared test cases, compared data, and documented results.
- Interacted with the other business analysts and the software developers in the group as well as with our client community.
- Facilitated project status meetings as required and presented test plans and results to clients and auditors as appropriate was also part of the role.
- In some instances, communication with outside vendors was also entailed.
- Provided initial level of and on-going support for customer problems, questions and requests.
- Functioning as a liaison between technical staff and customer base. Provided information to and resolved questions from user and/or Operations staff.
- Assisted in the development and roll out of full suite of reporting metrics and reports.
- Responsible for regular and ad hoc requests for reporting by region, financial crimes area, status and other issue categorizations.
Confidential, Dunellen, NJ
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Developed thorough knowledge of a client’s industry, customers, organization and business objectives.
- Gathered and write business specifications tailored for the client perspective.
- Offered business expertise and deliver regular updates to application support team and other departments as needed.
- Facilitated the business stakeholder’s efforts to envision the future, providing objective technical expertise in informing possibilities, and identifying changes needed to support the future objectives and outcomes.
- Lead the team in delivering requirements by following appropriate Project Management methodology.
- Generated business requirements and functional specifications and present information to end users as well as shadow development teams.
- Provided quality client support through answering questions, researching creative solutions to issues, and fostering open communication to monitor and ensure client satisfaction with software development; acts as a conduit between the clients and Shadow.
- Grant final approval for production release of software changes.
- Managed user/client permissions with certain products to facilitate their critical trading functions.
- Created and executed formal business test cases to be used by development and quality assurance teams.
- Assisted clients with the UAT process and defect management.
- Gain user acceptance of all changes prior to technical design project.
- Demonstrated and documented all software enhancements to both Shadow development teams and end users and provide any relevant training.
- Designed and maintain proper operation of the software, troubleshooting as necessary.
Jr. Business/Data Analyst
- Worked on the up-gradation of their database that has all the record of all the customers.
- Including merging of several different data marts and building a new database so that managers can see all the information at one place.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose & Requisite Pro - RUP.
- Implemented the full System development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, documentation, development and quality assurance.
- Conducted workflow, JAD and Process diagram to derive requirements for existing system enhancement.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case.
- Helped with organization of the whole project using Project Management.
- Developed timelines for project delivery and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specification and product knowledge.
Intern as Business Analyst
- Coordinated with the stakeholders and project key personnel to gather functional and non-functional requirements.
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders, customers and SME's to define the scope and requirements of the online banking system.
- Worked closely with internal teams and clients to deliver user interface requirements like Graphical User Interfaces, Screen, and Interface mock-ups. Analyzed clients systems andbusinessprocesses.
- Assisted the Project Manager for any change request and helped to do Impact Analysis.
- Worked with the team to verify thatbusinessneeds are fulfilled and deliverables are produced within the specified budget, quality and time. Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels.
- Developed Use Case Diagram and Sequence Diagrams to represent the interaction between user and system.
- Assisted in creating and modifying SQL queries.
- Assisted in conducting data mapping & data indexing for retrieval of information from existing account systems & outlined security measures for accessibility and transmission of information using standard templates in MS Excel.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and wrote Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and assisting the Testers in System Testing, Integration, and Regression Testing.