- Versatile and result oriented Business Analyst with around 8+ years of experience in various phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Banking and Financial Industry .
- Experience in Capital Market, Wealth Management Asset Management, LOS (Loan Origination System) AutomationandFinancial Services industrywith excellent understanding of financial products likeFixed Income, Equities, Derivatives (Swaps, Options and Futures), Mutual Funds, ETFs, FOREXand Risk analysis of Investments usingMonte Carlo simulationandOption Greeks.
- Hands - on experience in writing test scripts, preparing testdata, testing Informatica Mappings and creating SQL scripts using stored procedures, functions, PL/SQL.
- Experience in Mortgage, Finance and Insurance Industry with solid understanding of Business Process Flows, Case Tools.
- Extensive use of debugging tools like Clipboard, Tracer, Rules Inspector for unit testing & debugging of the Pega PRPC application.
- Adept in various software development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall across the span of various projects
- Extensive experience in creating Digital Experiences for the customers, end users, providing solutions on various platforms, such as Adobe Campaign Management for Email Marketing, Google Analytics, Google Adwords.
- Experience in the field ofBankingandMortgagewith understanding of various risks and compliances likeBasel Accord, SOX and FINRA.
- Experienced in Azure SQL Services - Created Azure SQL database, performed monitoring and restoring of Azure SQL database. Performed migration of Confidential SQL server to Azure SQL database.
- Well-versed with the MortgageLoan Origination Systems (LOS),Loan Servicing,Loan Default ServicingandDelinquencies,Capital markets, (PrimaryandSecondary), Collateralized Mortgage Obligation (CMO), Equity,Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS), Debt-to-Income ratios,Negative Amortization besides theFixed Income Securities.
- Strong understanding in Capital Markets, Fixed Income, Equities, Risk management Over the Counter (OTC)Trading life cycle
- Experience working in all the phases of the SDLC in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and RUP methodologies.
- Skilled in performing Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting theenhancementsto meet the end-state requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio and Project Management Software), and Atlassian (JIRA, and Confluence)
- Subject matter expertise in Securities and Capital Markets, Risk Management Market and Credit, Fixed Income and Derivatives, Credit Derivatives Market, Emerging Market, Equity Market, Fixed Income Market and Money Market
- Experienced in conducing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with stakeholders and business users and prepared Standard Operating Procedures(SOP)
- Proficient in industry standard Software Development Methodologies likeWaterfall,Agile-Scrum,KanbanandWaterfall-Scrum Hybridwith understanding of Extreme Programming, Rational Unified Process and Spiral model.
- Mortgage experience includes Consumer Mortgage Lending, Wholesale Mortgage Lending, Warehouse Mortgage Lending and Commercial Mortgage Lending.
- Participated inScrum Ceremoniesand meetings such as Backlog Grooming sessions, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings and efficient in using prioritizing techniques like Criteria Based Forced Ranking(Risk, Value, Effort, Dependency),User Story Mapping.
- Experience as Business and Technical Analyst in the implementation and integration strategies within a team-oriented environment, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Proficient in creating various documents like Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Systems Requirements specifications (SRS), Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD).
- Excellent Experience in various software development methodologies like Rational Unified Process(RUP), Agile/Scrum, Waterfallacross the span of various projects.
- Extensive experience in working with Risk Management, Mortgage Loan Servicing, and Commercial and Residential mortgage, CMBS, MBS, Mortgage Pre-payment risk, Risk Analytics for MBS, Loan Servicing, Loan Ordination, CMBS, Secondary Mortgage Market.
- Experience in conducting daily scrum meetings, Sprint Planning meeting and Sprint review meeting as per the need of the project in an agile environment.
- Exposed to Anti-Money Laundering, BASEL, Mortgage Reform & Lending, Dodd-Frank Awareness.
- Extensive experience in conducting Feasibility Studies, Data Analyses, Data Mapping Gap Analyses, Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, and Risks Analyses
- Experienced in requirement gathering by conducting personal interviews, Questionnaire,Joint Application Development (JAD) to get better understanding of client business processes
- Prowess with Business Process Re-Engineering, Business Process flow, GAP Analysis, Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis, Risk analysis
Software Development Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall,Agile,SAFe.
Functional Domains: Credit Cards, Deposits (Checking, Savings, CD’s, ATM/Debit Cards, Check processing), Loans, Check processing.
Web Analytics Tools: Omniture Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, WebTrends, Experian Hitwise.
Software: Mercury Testing Tools (Quality Center, QTP), MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Mainframe (files, green screen), Database querying tools (SQLPLUS, TOAD, Navigator).
Deliverables: Test Plan, Test Workbook, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Steps, Test Data, Defect Reports, Execution Status Reports, Estimates, Executive Briefs/ Reports/ Dashboards/ Forecasts, Metrics, etc.
Quality Assurance: CMM concepts (IQA, EQA), SQA, Reviews, Standards & Guidelines, Templates, Checklists.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Senior Business Analyst
- Conducted requirements analysis using a Use Case driven approach and produced detailed use cases for all the interfaces.
- Createdspreadsheetsand documents supporting infrastructure projects and Data-center migrations
- Prepared and maintain Business RulesSpreadsheets(BRS) identifying Rules, Triggers and corresponding data fields from Legacy to target CRM application.
- Worked in the environment involving Agile PLM (Product lifecycle management) Administration and configuration and customization, this includes the discussion and understanding the customer issues and defining the Agile Users/ Workflows/ Roles and Privileges.
- Documentedfunctional specificationsto automate theloan approval processforhome Mortgageonline application, workflow - for the credit department, upon approval the system routes the application to the underwriters for review
- Creation of properties and data models for the classes, defining Harness, Section rules, Decision rules, Flow actions for GUI features, in Pega PRPC.
- Captured requirements for Capital Markets - Mutual Funds, Retail, Marketing, Portfolio Management, Hedge funds, corporate actions, Brokerage in Model within the scope of both the Front and Middle Office.
- Used SQL queries to perform data analysis, data validation and data manipulation.
- WroteBusinessCases for the Stakeholders to understand the functioning of the newUnderwritingSystem.
- Gathered requirements forbusinessprocess flow and on-screen flow for wizards driven products from SMEs and Salespeople and created Requirements documents to implement in Pega PRPC.
- Involved in Creation of Confidential Azure Cloud SQL Servers and Replication Severs.
- Created use-case scenarios and storyboards in MS Word and MS PowerPoint for better visualization of the application and managed them using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Wrote Test Plans in MS Word for Manual Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing reviewed their consistency with the business requirements.
- Conducted several Requirement Gathering Sessions (RGS) for gaining detailed requirements and finalizing Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Wrote functional / business requirements for Storm Work-list - Exception based blotter that tracks primary and secondary loan market trades allowing closers to easily keep track of trades that need attention in order to move efficiently through to settlement.
- Reprioritize softwareenhancementsvia change management with the Project Management Office.
- Involved in project scope meetings with the Pricing manager to understand the type of requests and issues handled by the pricing team and documented the high level business requirements to the product backlog using JIRA
- Documented reconciling financial data submitted by Servicers and Trustees for a mortgage loan servicing application.
- Interacting with business stakeholders to understand their decision-making parameters, analyzing the available data to build Tableau Dashboards and managing the delivery
- Extensively involved in migrating the fields of Financial instruments such as Fixed Income products like T-Bills and T-Bonds, Derivatives Securitized Products such as Mortgage Backed Securities on Trading Platform.
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning JRP sessions with SME's in understanding the Requirements pertaining to Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Performed various SQL operations in order to retrieve data, add database, and add tables
- Created Release Plan document using JIRA Dashboard reports, used Confluence for Release Notes, shared release documents with Product Owner and senior management and updated status at every Iteration on backlog status.
- Exploring and examining the mortgage banking data coming from multiple disparate sources using BI tools such as Business Objects and using Tableau.
- Created business reports by joining multiple tables from multiples database using complex SQL queries.
- Used Rational Unified Process (RUP) for streamlining the team’s development activities.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from root cause analysis,databaseand technical support with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Created acceptance criteria for functional and technical user stories in JIRA.
- Worked extensively on Business Requirements, Functional Specification, Data-Integration, Data Mapping, and Data Warehouse access using SQL and Crystal Reports, ETL process, use cases modeling (UML) using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio) and dashboards
- Actively participated inscrum meetingsand ceremonies likesprint planning meeting, daily standups, sprint review meeting, sprint retrospective meeting, backlog grooming sessionsand release planning
- Involved in configuration ofRatingEngine classes for various line of business.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office,Windows XP,BusinessObjects, MS Excel, IBM Rational DOORS, Rally, XML Word, Visio, Agile, power point, XSLT,HTML,XML,SDLC, SAFe, SQL, DB2, GX model, JIRA, Confluence,MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Visio, Rational Rose.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Gathered business requirements from the user and created databases for the client needs using SQL.
- Prepared Business requirement document and functional specification document to tailor the needs of the client.
- Created new Loan and Serve application based on Life Cycle of the Loan Origination based on committee and risk approvals and reports using Microsoft Access/Excel/VBA/Dashboards.
- Gathering requirements and data transaction information related to Insurance, Capital Markets and Marketing - Online Brokerage, IVR trading, Conventional Brokerage, Orders, Trades Executed and SPS Orders for reinvestment agreement to write global specs.
- Collected and analyzed business owner(s) requirements to define high level need as a request is entered into pipeline.
- Generated dashboard, scorecards and other ad-hoc reports on website analysis (KPIs) by using Web Trends and Google Analytics.
- Conducted market research and analysis in Capital Markets consisting of Stock Market and Bond Market
- Perform predictive analytics on Mortgage Risk, Loan Defaulting using MB-ICDW RMI data key attributes such as Loan Status, Loan to Value, Term of Mortgage, Borrower Occupation, GDP Growth, Loan Origination Date etc.
- Use TFS (team foundation server) to write stories and for requirements management.
- Established traceability matrix using Rational Requisite Pro to trace completeness of requirements in different SDLC stages.
- Worked with Financial Analysts on Fixed Income Analysis (Pricing, Risk, Yield, Duration, and Recommended Strategy) with Excel to support trading, and reviewed with portfolio manager and traders.
- Evaluated acceptability of loans to corporations that bought loans on secondary mortgage markets, where existing mortgages were bought and sold by investors.
- Addressed and followed up on any questions, issues, orenhancementrequests fromBusinessstakeholders
- Conduct migration and integration the data from multiple data sources, into the target tables using the extract, transform and load packages.
- Gathered business requirements, functional specifications and writing and executing test scenarios and plans for fixed income products for trading in options.
- Engaged withstakeholdersto get data level requirements to create therequired target transformations for analysisusing variousrequirement elicitation techniquessuch asJAD, interviews and Focusgroups
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee ofSMEsfrom various business areas includingMortgage Servicing, Loan MonitoringandAsset Management.
- CreatedUse Case DiagramsusingMS VISIOandRational Rosein order to show the interaction between the Actors and Use Cases as well as showing the relationship between theUse Cases.
- Responsible for SIT (System Integration Testing) test planning, data validation and defect analysis using HP AML Quality Center.
- Created business requirement, mapping document and process flow for HP ALM to JIRA platform
- Data integration to various Capital Markets systems and Loan Servicing external companies/platforms
- Used JIRA for User Story requirements management throughout the Agile Sprints and development life cycle.
- Modified, validated and tested complexspreadsheetsto ensure accuracy and efficiency using excel, access, SQL queries, lookup, pivot tables, nested logic functions, interfacing with OLAP cubes, etc.
- Worked with business owners and business liaison to identify strengths and weaknesses on projects, along with, suggested areas for improvement.
- Facilitated Backlog Grooming, Daily scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint review, and Sprint retrospective.
- Effectively documentedexisting & futureprocesswith required process diagrams inConfluence.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison with operational and financial management, systems support and sales to identifybusinessopportunities.
- Use and create project description, metadata and ticketing to share info by JIRA and Confluence
- Created Use Cases and Activity diagram through the implementation of UML methodologies
- Participated in daily scrum meetings as a part of daily intake meetings.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), SQL, AGILE, IBM WebSphere, XML, XSLT, HP Exstream, JIRA, Confluence, HTML, Java, SAFe, SDLC, Unix, C++, J2EE, JSP, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server Reports, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick TestPro
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Business Systems Analyst
- Created Use-Cases and Requirements documents to document business needs
- Requirements were gathered through interactions and meetings and periodic walkthroughs with loan analysts, credit analysts and other potential users of the application
- Worked on market risk analysis and risk management like continuous time finance & asset pricing and documentation
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improving areas to meet capital markets requirement regulations.
- Worked with traders on defining compliance requirements for trading MBS, ABS, Bonds and ELNs.
- Created test cases and provide testing along with coordinating UAT.
- Constant interaction with Capital Market business users for job shadowing, understanding certain issues which I need to deal with for completing Proof of Concept and BRD.
- Gathering the business requirements from business and co-ordination with functional analyst to write stories and acceptance criteria.
- Created segments, goals, and dashboards in Google Analytics covering the cost per click, conversion rate and other KPIs
- Used agile methodology for logic implementation for Mortgage Banking attributes.
- Prepared BRD documents and Process Specification documents for Mortgage Loan Application, Monthly Payment, Billing, Accounting and servicing modules to fully understand the functionalities of the application as expected by the Client.
- Performed requirement gathering and knowledge extraction about the Investment banking and Capital markets using both formal and informal sessions through JAD sessions
- Worked with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Prepared data integration flow diagrams between COTS mortgage application.
- Responsible for the quality of all changes to Empower, loan origination system for the branches.
- Worked with the complete SDLC, elicit, analyze and define requirements. Executed Agile SDLC project using offshore and onshore managed service model.
- Prepared testing scope and training document for the users moving from HP ALM to JIRA
- Performed the role of a primary Intermediary between the Subject Matter Experts,business user and technical SMEs to identify thebusinessneeds,BusinessRules,BusinessProcesses & Interface Specifications for the New Claim module and Claims Assignment Module.
- Analyze derivatives, equities, fixed income, and support traders using the system
- Accountable for preparing Test matrices, Defect reporting, Defect Validating, Defect Retesting, Defect Assignment, Defect Tracking and Closure in Rally /Jira.
- Participated inData Mapping,Data Conversion, creation of theData modeland usedSQLandToadtoextract, filter and validate data
- Analyzed defaulted loan servicing policies and processes to improve internal testing, isolate root cause, and suggest viable solutions to mitigate issues.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies such as Daily Standup Meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meeting. Co-ordinated with the Product Owner in backlog grooming and release planning activities.
- CreatedT-SQLobjects such as tables, views, joins and store proceduresto meet client requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations
- Conducted Business Process Reengineering to build a new version of the existing web-based application
- Transform XMLdatainto Open Format usingXSLTprocessor.
- Integrate Jira and Salesforce by creating leads, Opportunities and converting them to Jira user stories and integrated JIRA with Confluence.
- Wrote Business Requirements Documents (BRD’s) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to strategize the implementation of Rational Unified Process effort in different iterations and phases (Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition) of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Conducted Use-Case reviews and identified gaps, leading to the improvement of the application
- Tracked all the changes in requirements using Rational Requisite Pro
- Created a cost analysis document, that outlines the effect of proposed changes on the project schedule and costs
- Worked with Software Engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports
- Managed and tracked Defects using ClearQuest
Environment: MS Visio, MS Access, XML File, Thunderhead, HP Extreme, HTML,SQL, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows ME, Agile, XSLT, HP Exstream, UML,SAFe, JIRA, Confluence, MS Office 2003, and Rational Clear Quest 2002
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
- Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process, especially from the project management, requirements and architecture perspectives.
- Involved in purchasing, selling and allocating proceeds, for T-bills/bonds and covered clients across the financial technology and asset management space, focusing on broker-dealers and capital markets, wealth management.
- Work closely with program analysts, testers, and clients to identify features the software needs to contain to write stories of functionality to complete.
- Gathered and validated business and functional requirements for software development, application support and upgrades. Upgraded daily trading applications and processes that were used by the business for the daily workflow.
- Gathered and refined business requirements for a new auto loan origination implementation project.
- Introduced Agile and RUP methodologies to reflect liquid nature of front-office improving time-to-market
- Creation of new JIRA Projects and setting up the projects based on user requirements
- Responsible for configuring custom fields for the requested issues types in specified Jira projects
- Facilitated and managed JAD sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas and gathered specific Business requirements for Mortgage Loan Origination, Processing, Closing, Business Reporting (BI) and Mortgage Servicing (MSP) business processes.
- Provided the trading desks with application support resolving issues and defects.
- Generated requirements for Capital Markets - Fixed Income Investment Management Business, Portfolio Management, Hedge funds, corporate actions, Brokerage and Trading Model within the scope of both the Front and Middle Office.
- Facilitated and manage meeting sessions with committee of SME from various business areas including Brokerage, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Credit Risk Management and Asset Management.
- Worked on Jira and Confluence to resolve the open issues and integrated it with GitHub for Workflow Management.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions from business areas including Origination, Loan Processing.
- Review and analyzed user Stories in SharePoint and Jira to provide Level of effort for testing
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Created,compiled and maintained business requirements; providing management and stake holders alike with analysis and evaluations for improving Short Sale business strategies for Home Loan Mortgage Services.
- Escrow Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Home Retention and Loan Servicing.
- Identify software issues and report them usingJIRAin an easy reproducible manner
- Involved in meetings with users, stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution
- Worked on installations, migrations and upgrades of Atlassian applications like JIRA, Confluence using MySQL as databases.
- Participate in Agile Poker Planning and Backlog Grooming
- Extensive experience in extracting UI based information by querying the Oracle database using SQL queries.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with management, end users, and other stakeholders to synchronize and update the requirements requested by business users
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and updated the shared directory with the most recent version of Use Cases, Test Plan, Test Case and Test Evidence documents.
- We used Agile framework to manage the Kanban/Scrum board to administer the customerenhancementand change requests using JIRA tool.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest), Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SDLC, SAFe, Agile, Java/J2ee,SQL Server Reports, XSLT,HTML, XML, GX model, Oracle,Quality Center
Confidential, Pittsburgh PA
- Followed theRUP methodologyfor the entireSDLC.
- Met with various groups, including business owners,SMEs(subject matter experts) and marketing team, for requirements gathering indefinition stage.
- Managed user stories, task, backlog items, features, work items and bug using Azure boards.
- Worked in both Waterfall life cycle as well as Agile/Scrum Framework for different applications.
- Coordinates with Information System programmers on all aspects of the loan origination systems change requests and maintain compliance with all regulations.
- Effectivelyanalyzed and successfully implementedproduction enhancements on in houseMarket Risk systemand vendor systems such as Summit, TPG and Bloomberg used by capital markets andenterprise risk managementdepartments.
- CreatedUse Case diagram,Data Flow diagram,Activity diagramshowing the application flow. Also created mock up screens for better understanding onGUI requirements.
- Provided trade support to the Fixed Income trading desks for various products including Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, Treasury Trades, and other Money Market products and OTC Derivatives.
- Analyzed business requirements for capital market trading data reports and segregated them into high level and low level.
- Involved inbusiness analysisand project management, coordinating between the team members, addressing budget issues and creatingtest plansaccording to the business requirements.
- Created workflows, generated and distributed various reports and created SQL queries for report summaries for management
- Coordinated with the QA team in using Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking for the complete issue module including policy, risk, coverage, future underwriting cancellations part.
- Involved in Portfolio, Stock, and Fixed Income (Bonds, Money Market Instruments), Derivatives, SWAP, Options, Equities, trading life cycle, Ticker symbol etc.
- Responsible for query optimization using MS SQL tools such as Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, index tuning wizard.
- Document and track application failures and bugs using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Created functional requirement documents for the impacting projects
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access
- Engaged in proactive dialogue with the LOS (Loan Origination system) and LSS (Loan Servicing Systems) front end users to seek opportunities for efficiency.
- Participated in Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings with Managers, Team Leads, Developers and Business Stakeholders.
- Used JIRA for User Story requirements management throughout the Agile Sprints and development life cycle.
- Created stories in JIRA, log items on confluence for visibility and productive feedback. Document and refine business requirements in Jira and Confluence.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro
- Analysis ofbusinessrequirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules
Environment: MS Visio, MS Access, XSLT, SAFe, JIRA, Confluence, SQL, Rational Requisite Pro, HP Exstream, XML, Agile, JIRA, SDLC, Windows HTML,ME, MS Office 2003, andRational Clear Quest 2002.