- Sr. Business Analyst with more than eight years of experience in various business domains and technology platform
- Proficient decision - making, leadership, presentation, communication, problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to interact at all levels.
- Serves as a point of contact/liaison for IT team on all the requirements and business questions.
- In-depth noledge of Agile, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies.
- Excellent facilitation skills in conducting walkthroughs, surveys, questionnaires, interviews, brainstorming, JAD and JAR sessions.
- Experience in conducting sprint estimation, planning, review and retrospective meetings.
- Expert in documenting and defining functional requirements, non-functional requirements and business rules, writing user stories, use cases.
- Experience in leading QA & UA functional testing activities including development of Test Plans & Test Cases.
- Expertise in handling JIRA Defect tracking tool with hands on experience in using search and filter features to TEMPeffectively find and navigate the tickets you or others are looking for. Creating dashboards for metrics.
- Hands on experience to create, review and understand business requirements (BRD), functional specifications (FRD) and system design documents with the goal of performing a structured validation of all testable conditions
- Excellent understanding of Data Services, Data ETL using SQL query tools and applications.
- Hands-on experience in performing RTM Test Matrix, GAP analysis and SWOT analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements.
- Expertise in business modelling and UML Diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect and Azure RP Pro tool.
- Good subject noledge on data migrations and deployment life cycles, SharePoint Online, and SaaS requirements.
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle
Test Case Mgmt. tools: Confidential Quality Center (ALM), JIRA AGILE, Confluence, Rally, JAMA
Applications: MS Office Professional, SharePoint, MS Project, Rally, WebEx Meeting, GoToMeeting, MS Outlook
Modeling Tools: Balsamiq, MS Visio
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, RUP.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Facilitated solution workshops and brainstorming sessions with business stakeholders and technical teams to gather requirements and to identify and remove the gaps in requirements between different systems.
- Prepared detailed High-level design (HLD) documents to capture the requirements for proposed model and capture the existing gaps in requirements.
- Participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the end users, business users, developers and Assurance teams for understanding the requirements.
- Used CA- Rally Agile central for managing user stories, reporting estimations and monitoring status and Confidential ALM for defect management.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies such as Story Grooming, Story Boarding.
- Participate in Daily stand-up, Release planning, Sprint Retrospection and other scrum ceremonies.
- Release and publish the monthly Agent guide for the call center reference in accordance with the sprint release.
- Collaborated with members of the Product, Business and Engineering Teams to develop and maintain Product Backlogs.
- Managed the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment
- Used BOX as a central repository to store documents and for Change Requests.
- Assisted testers in developing functional test scenarios to ensure that full coverage and in integration testing of different applications.
- Written SQL procedure for generation of data verification scripts.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Research, define, and analyze changes to both state and federal laws affecting the Confidential Payroll Information System (ICRIS).
- Develop business process models for projects and demonstrations at the CMS using Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) and Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Facilitate and lead project meetings with various stakeholders to elicit project information and resolve project issues.
- Analyze government furnished information to develop business artifacts, business models, and interaction.
- Create business process detailed description documents, process flow diagrams using BPMN for projects.
- Perform GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Prepare and track projects through weekly reports and deliverables.
- Develop Prototypes, Screen mockups and wireframes using iRise, Balsamiq and MS Visio.
- Collaborate with client to develop Standard Operating Procedures for CMS IT Systems Inventory.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and IT teams to align ETL transformation rules with Business Objects (BO) reporting.
- Perform Data Mapping to integrate vendor external systems with DXC Technology’s Internal Data Model.
- Create periodic reports ad hoc reports on Payroll data and analysed the performance.
- Write SQL Queries to perform Data Warehouse analysis and Data Validation.
- Create Test Plans to detail the testing scope, requirements (high level), strategies and all needed required resources.
- Experience with the Waterfall systems development life cycle model.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Prepare monthly forecasts/actuals at Leadership Team Meetings.
- Maintain quality procedures and presented TEMPeffective Walkthrough’s of Test results.
- Participate in QA team meetings and bug tracking meetings.
- Consulted the business users and SMEs, aided to create Product Backlogs to prioritize features and subsequently created Sprint Backlogs.
- Analysed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level Use Cases, created activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio according to UML methodology.
- Provide Technical, Analytical and Implementation support.
- Participate in procedures for alignment of Operational Quality Checklist.
- Demonstrate program value and identification of actionable opportunities for improvement.
Environment: TOAD, Confidential QC, SQL Share Point, iRise, Balsamiq, Waterfall, Agile, MS Office, Oracle, SQL Server
Confidential, Parsippany NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Prepared detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs) to capture the essential functionalities for the proposed system.
- Developed the Use Cases and Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) to understand and communicate the process to be employed under the new system to the entire development and testing team.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the end users, business users, developers and testers teams whenever necessary, as a conflict resolving tool.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to manage requirements and performed Impact Analysis when request for change (RFC) arrived. Escalated the results of the analysis to the Change Control Board (CCB).
- Proficient in SQL querying with databases and developing reports and dashboard
- Interacted with PM on several occasions for prioritizing work.
- Designed wireframes of the web interfaces that would be used by the internal and external users to load, handle and examine claims respectively, using tools like Azure Pro.
- Used Microsoft SharePoint server as a central repository to store different versions of BRDs and Use Cases to avoid duplicate versions of the document propagating in the team.
- Assisted testers in developing a variety of possible test scenarios and cases to ensure that the system being built is resilient.
- Monitored defects in the system using tools like JIRA to ensure that the quality of the system meets the industry standards and business user’s requirements.
- Coordinated and Monitored User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the business user and interfaced with the development and test team with regards to defect status and fixes on a regular basis.
- Coordinating resolution to migration issues with technical team.
- Scheduled document migrations to team sites.
Environment: Agile methodology, MS Office Suite, MS Project, JIRA, MS Visio, Azure Pro, Java, SQL and XML, SharePoint
Confidential, Tarrytown, NY
Sr. Business Analyst
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Development) and JAR (Joint Application Requirement) sessions with business users and development teams to drive out detailed business requirements.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality, navigational flow and how data is passed.
- Led cross-functional team discussions to identify & confirm various requirements.
- Created Business process diagrams for the as- is and the to-be process, performed business process modeling.
- Designed user interface (UI) Mockups with lead programmer and reviewed design with development team.
- Documented and delivered Functional Requirement Document (FRD) to the project team.
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Performed System and Integration Testing along with testers. Conducted UAT with the business.
- Conducted data mapping, data modeling and data analysis.
- Assured all artifacts/signoffs followed corporate policies and guidelines and archived.
- Identified and resolved functional/technical issues throughout the development phase of the software lifecycle.
Environment: Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Office, SQL Server, Windows2000, JIRA, Java/J2ee, HTML
Confidential, Lumberton, NJ
- Participated in meetings with developers, project managers and quality analysts to discuss business requirements, test planning, resource utilization and defect tracking.
- Interfaced with business users to create Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD).
- Worked with cross functional business teams and stored project artifacts using JIRA.
- Developed business requirement and specification documents as well as high-level project plan and translated business requirements into process models and use cases using MS Visio.
- Performed JAD sessions with stakeholders and business users to gather and document requirements.
- Analyzed requirements and did use case analysis designing use case diagrams, and sequence diagrams using UML approach.
- Worked on ‘AS-IS’ and ‘TO-BE’ models to enhance the existing system.
- Was an integral and active team member during the sprint and scrum ceremonies.
- Participated in the change management control process for the projects by facilitating group meetings and/or one-on-one interviews/meetings with work stream owners to discuss change request impact on timelines and scope
- Attended demo sessions to understand existing system functionalities
- Arranged interviews with all the stakeholders to review and understand the gathered business requirements
- Conducted structured walk through and JAD sessions for consensus on baseline.
- Coordinated with underwriting team, SMEs and developers to convert business requirements into system requirements
- Conducted meetings to document Change Requests for new requirements
- Analysed business requirements and segregated them into Use Cases.
- Created Use case diagrams and documented Use case specifications
- Maintained various versions of the documents generated during the project
- Was responsible for creating and updating project schedule and managing resources and timeline using MS Project
- Prepared the project status reports and represented the BA team in the meetings
- Participated in UAT along with the development & testing teams
Environment: Agile methodology, MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint JIRA, MS-Visio, Azure Pro, Java, SQL, XML