- Over 6 years of experience as a Business Analyst with strong understanding of Business Requirement, Business Process Flows, Business Process Modeling and Project Deliverables.
- Experience in full SDLC (software development life cycle) in Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience in managing project requirements which includes requirement gathering, SWOT analysis, requirement priority and validation of requirement meetings.
- Arranged walkthroughs sessions with the user group to confirm that all the requirements have been captured and obtained sign off on the requirements document.
- Experienced facilitating various SCRUM Ceremonies like product backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings and solving impediments.
- Expertise in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create diagrams for Business Processes and Models including Use Case Diagrams (UCD), Activity Diagrams (AD), Sequence Diagrams (SD), Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) and Flow Charts
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, capable of acting as the arbiter between client and developer with respect to project implementation.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile methodology (Scrum), Waterfall methodology
Certifications: MTA - Database Fundamentals (SQL) Microsoft, R for Data Science, SQL for Data Science, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Reporting: Tableau, MS Project, MS Visio, iGrafx
Languages: Python, R, Minitab, SAS
Project Management: Jira, Rally, Microsoft Office, SharePoint
Database: SQL, MySQL, SSMS
Operating System: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 10)
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. Business Analyst / Process Engineer
- Worked under the direction of a ERM Director to coordinate and implement various project phases such as planning, analyzing, building, UAT/Testing, deployment using Agile methodologies
- Worked with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts, and prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and compliant solutions while balancing investment and business value
- Gathered requirements from business and communicated with technical teams to implement enhancements for complaint flow process
- Responsible for requirement elicitation and gathering from Business users, SMEs, and other stakeholders from cross functional team
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of Technical and/or business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed
- Collaborated with key stakeholders of Business Complaints Program to automate the complaints capture from 30k to 300k per month
- Served as direct representative of the business with one or more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective throughout the product delivery cycle
- Participated in a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product road maps
- Facilitated Working group sessions with management, development team, users, and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements
- Collaborated with change partners and key stakeholders to assist with preparing the business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change management routines, as needed
- Executed robust test plan (user acceptance testing, production validation)
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge in multiple business or system domains and capable of contributing to agile team at the project level
- Developed versions of prototype and gave walkthrough to Business users and stakeholders
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies such as Daily scrum, sprint planning, scrum review and scrum retrospective meetings
- Used JIRA and Rally to monitor the progress of sprint, track issue, calculated team’s velocity and made sure the planned velocity and current velocity are in proximity
- Defined KPIs with cross-functional team to provide an interactive visualization to ensure that the reports are in compliance with the regulatory requirements for all the Key Data Elements and showcasing current complaints volumes and trends
- CreatedAS-ISprocessworkflow andTO-BE processworkflow using iGrafx and conductedGAP analysisfor the business.
Environment: Agile Scrum, iGrafx, Jira, Rally, PEGA, ServiceNow, MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), SharePoint, Java, Customer Experience, Banking, Insurance.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with business user and customers to understand and document system requirement regarding tracking system.
- Responsible for requirement elicitation and gathering from Business users, SMEs and other stakeholders.
- Documented requirements and created BRD, FRD and obtained signoff for the same.
- Conducted JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions by involving Dev team and end users
- Developed various UML models such as analysis diagram, sequence diagram, state diagram and use cases.
- Developed versions of prototype and gave walkthrough to Business users and stakeholders.
- Created user stories and wrote acceptance criteria and assisted Product Manager for prioritizing user stories.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies such as Daily scrum, sprint planning, scrum review and scrum retrospective meetings.
- Monitor the progress of sprint, track issue, calculated team’s velocity and made sure the planned velocity and current velocity are in proximity by using JIRA.
- Used SQL for creating data dictionary and ER diagrams and extracted data using SQL queries to generate reports.
- Used tableau to generate KPIs and weekly/monthly reports on the status of key business measurement.
- Worked closely with testing team in conducting UAT to guarantee all the business requirement have been fulfilled.
- Used SharePoint for maintaining and shared documents.
Environment: Agile Scrum, MS-Visio, SQL, Jira, MS office, Tableau, SharePoint, Axure RP, Java, HTML, CSS, Retail, Supply chain management.
Confidential, Clark, NJ
Business Data Analyst
- Gathered project business requirements from business group by conducting elaboration session and referring to the existing business artifacts.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the Business users & Stakeholders.
- Conducted walkthrough of use cases and prototype for Business users and stakeholders to obtain sign off.
- Created use case, activity diagram, business process flow diagram, state diagram.
- Assisted Product Manager in product backlog grooming & prioritizing the user stories using MoSCoW technique.
- Facilitated scrum meetings like daily scrum meeting, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective meetings for product backlog refinement.
- Used SharePoint library resource to understand the existing process and to refer to some of the supplier management processes.
- Used SQL to extract supplier data and generated sales report, KPI report.
- Helped data architect in database designing and technical team by participating in E-R modelling.
Environment: Windows, MS SQL Server 2013, MS Excel, MS Visio, Java, HTML, UML, Agile, JIRA, SharePoint, Supply chain, Retail.
- Responsible for partnering with business/user group representatives to understand business processes and underlying informational and processes.
- Analyzed the market trend and based on that assisted Product owner regarding demand.
- Interacted with different stakeholders to understand the complications they are encountering.
- Performed SWOT analysis for business users regarding future products.
- Explored various strategies, markets, issues and characteristics of the products thereby gaining an overall understanding of the drug industry.
- Assessed business priorities and advised business units by performing Risk Analysis along with Sr. Business Analyst.
Environment: Windows, SQL Server 2013, Python, R, JustinMind, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, JIRA
- Worked extensively with internal stakeholders and users to elicit user requirements to make the current framework more secure for a payment transaction by making it PCI DSS consistent as increment control over cardholder information and decrease card frauds.
- Documented requirement using FRD, BRD templates.
- Acted as a point of contact between Product Owner, Stakeholder and Development team with effective presentation.
- Facilitated various scrum ceremonies such as Daily scrum meeting, Sprint review meeting and Sprint retrospective meeting.
- Created UML diagrams like Activity diagram, Sequence diagram, use case using MS-Visio.
- Identified relationship between entities and primary keys to ensure that each payment per transaction is unique in the database.
- Arranged and organize team engagement activities to encourage self-organization among the team.
- Maintained and shared document using SharePoint.
- Involved in incident reporting and change management procedure using use cases.
- Developed strategies with testing team to implement test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Hybrid, Payment Processing, Payment Gateways, MS Visio, MS-SQL server, HTML, XML, JAVA, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)