- Experienced Business Analyst with around 8 years of experience in Healthcare domain, analyzing and supporting business solutions or operations.
- Hands on working experience in requirement gathering, reporting, documentation, process mapping, scheduling, planning, and data analysis.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies—Traditional Waterfall Model and Agile Scrum, Kanban.
- Knowledge of health care on HIPAA, HHS, Medicare, Medicaid, MMIS, EDI, procedural/diagnostic codes.
- Hands on experience maintaining the Product Backlog, Sprint Planning, Sprint Backlog, and creating the Epics/ User stories.
- Experienced in performing Gap Analysis (As Is - To Be), Impact Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Workshops Facilitation sessions with end-user/clients/stake holders and the IT group for requirement elicitation.
- Expertise in requirement elicitation from business stake holders and providing recommendations to business problems/issues.
- Proficiency in documenting Business process design, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use case Specifications, Functional Specification Document (FSD), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS), User Interface Specification (UIS) and other related artifacts.
- Experience in developing Story boards, Screen Mockups, and Screen Flows for design feedbacks.
- Proficient in analyzing and creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams, business flow diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Exposure on creating Screen Mockups and wire frames for the functional document/ user stories.
- Heavy SQL/Database developer experience in writing efficient SQL queries for data manipulation, analysis and validation.
- Involved in writing, testing and implementation of the stored procedures, functions, packages and complex SQL queries for extracting data or performing analysis.
- Proficient in working with testing tools and carrying out functionality testing, graphical user interface testing, system testing, integration testing, UAT testing and regression testing of client/server by working with Quality Assurance Teams.
- Sound knowledge of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), HL7 Standards, HL7 message validation, FHIR, EMR/EHR.
- Proficient in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues. Familiar with testing tools to design and develop test plans and test script.
- Result oriented, motivated and an organized team player with excellent communication skills and capability of working for a common goal.
- Composed, professional and a well-balanced individual with strong understanding of business relationships and business requirements.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile - Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
Programming Languages: SQL, Java, C#, R, HTML, XML
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, MS Office Suite -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL Developer, SSMS, MySQL, Sisense, Crystal Reports, QlikView, Salesforce, HP ALM, SOAPUI, Balsamiq, Axure RP, Rational Rose
Confidential - Madison, WI
Business System Analyst
- Acts as liaison between development teams, product team, UX team and clinical team in agile scrum.
- Facilitates daily standup, sprint planning, sprint retrospective and prioritize user stories on each sprint to make sure they are ready for estimation and development and manage offshore and onsite team.
- Communicate effectively with product manager for reporting the status of the user stories which are scheduled in each sprint.
- Participate in kick-off meetings and creates epics/user stories on JIRA board based on the impacts of different aspects of the application and discuss solutions with technical leads/ development team.
- Maintains product backlog, sprint backlogs, scrum notes, task boards, sprint planning boards and road maps and responsible for estimation of user stories.
- Works with UX team to make sure that mockups comply with the acceptance criteria of stories.
- Communicate with offshore team to track the development process and review user stories that are in development to make sure the functionality and designs are as per acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for creating JIRA cards for defects and worked with the developers to get solved.
- Review existing testcases and provide inputs to the testing team to cover missing requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues preventing development going forward and defects found after completion of UAT testing in production environment.
- Responsible for Presentation of the developed features with the client services team to get their feedback on the product. Provide support to the Sales/Client Services team.
- Performed extensive data analysis by developing SQL queries using multiple tables, joins.
- Validated patient data by pulling the analytics reports from the Sisense dashboards.
- Responsible for analyzing the Customer sales opportunities on the Salesforce of the products/ application and discuss with customers to get their feedback for future product development.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, energetic and flexible team player.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Microsoft Office, JIRA, Confluence, Balsamiq, Axure RP 8, Sisense, Salesforce, Slack, SSMS 2017
Confidential - Madison, WI
Business Analyst II/Data Analyst II
- Worked directly with EMR and Healthcare providers to assist them in establishing an electronic data exchange with WIR based on existing WIR functionality.
- Responsible for taking part in conference calls, virtual training sessions, e-mails, and site visits as necessary to facilitate and assist organizations with installation, testing and implementation of electronic interface with WIR.
- Documented and enhanced technical and business documentation as needed related to data exchange processes.
- Understand rules and regulations of HIPAA as imposed during Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Experience with healthcare interoperability standards: HL7 2.5.1 and HL7 FHIR.
- Responsible for analyzing and maintaining organization health data submitted by providers/ vendors to WIR Interface and solve data issues by working with the developers.
- Worked on all data exchange installation and consultation activities to ensure coordination with WIR Project activities.
- Participate in the design and development of applications and interfaces conformant with HL7 standards.
- Demonstrated technical description of HL7 messages supported the HL7 segments and fields and how the HL7 messages relate to the front-end application and data base.
- Created SQL queries/PLSQL for checking data submitted to WIR and exported data into excel sheets.
- Wrote SQL queries inline queries and sub queries for faster data retrieval from multiple tables. Migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as Flat file, Excel, SQL Developer.
- Responsible for signing the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for the providers.
- Performed testing for HL7 messages submitted by providers for specific organizations using web services in SoapUI and by using CDC PHINMS and verify the LO INC codes and format.
- Worked on Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program with Providers/Clinics on Dose level Eligibility.
- Worked directly with stakeholders in requirement elicitation for documentation of WIR Implementation Guide Release and Facilitated weekly meetings with providers for weekly updates.
- Maintained department SharePoint and Salesforce site modifying organizations spreadsheets and uploading new documents as required for team use.
- A monthly status report will be provided through the weekly WIR client meetings outlining accomplishment, progress, and upcoming goals for activities assigned.
Environment: Oracle SQL, HL7, SoapUI, XML, Web services, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Excel, CDC PHINMS, Wisconsin Immunization Registry Interface, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint
Confidential - Louisville, KY
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Facilitated meetings and worked with business users on requirement elicitation and was responsible for delivering Solution design document (SDD/BRD) for all projects prior to application testing.
- Created functional specification Document(FSD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), dataflow diagrams(DFD).
- Created Data mapping document(DMD) for Back end and Front end for My Health Web Portal.
- Interacted with technical team to provide clarifications of the requirements to ensure thedatais captured correctly as per business requirement and performed Gap Analysis of requirements.
- Created epics/user stories on JIRA/Scrum board based on the requirements form the customers and discuss possible solutions with development team.
- Worked and assisted System Integrated Testing (SIT) My Health Web Portal Projects.
- Coordinated with project managers to resolve risk issues and ensure compliance of Security System-Related to the HIPAA.
- Worked with multiple customers to ensure their EDI files are compliant with the internal format and helped resolve issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry standards and implementation specifications organization’s interface capabilities, including HL7, LO INC, SNOMED, FHIR.
- Documented and established traceability between the Medicare business requirements, use cases, business rules, activity diagrams and test scenarios.
- Created Test plan/Test strategy/Test summary report documents. Assisted in User Acceptance Testing for WVB and FPP Enrollment and My Health Web Portal projects.
- Expertise in gap analysis of 4010/5010 of all transactions such as 837, 835.EMR/EHR responsibilities and medical billing expertise.
- Developed documents executes and monitors the configuration plans for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Extracted data from SQL server into temporary tables to cleanup and standardize column entries for importing into new SQL data structures. Used extensive SQL to create/modify/delete data.
- Developed ETL workflows to work with various sources and targets like MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Performed day to day ETL tasks including data cleansing, loading flat files into the warehouse.
- Responsible for loading requirement and test cases into HP ALM and mapping of requirements and test cases. Prepared requirement traceability matrix document (RTM).
- Worked on execution of test cases in FUT/SIT/UAT in ALM. Designed system automation tasks to better enhance productivity and eliminate errors by users.
- Responsible for creating change tickets in service manager and meeting all necessary CAB (Change approval board) and Release management terms of implementing all changes for all projects. Worked on several RM and Change request tickets.
- Conducted integration testing with different teams and coordinated UAT before release.
- Conducted weekly meetings and daily stand up meetings with project team, business, SMEs and vendor.
Environment: Agile Scrum, MS Office Suite, MS Project, JIRA, Oracle SQL, Salesforce, QlikView, MS Visual Studio 2013, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, SSRS, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, XML, HL7
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Analyst/ QA Analyst
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS). Built a business process model using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Created and maintained project plan including schedule and resource planning, critical path analysis, business and technical analysis, technical and project documentation, meeting summaries, status reports, risk and issue management, change management, among others.
- Researched the existing client processes and guided the team in aligning with the HIPAA compliance and regulations for the systems.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, aliases, views, aggregate conditions.
- Worked with development team to understanddataload/datamapping issues ordatamodeling gaps to make suredatawarehousetables are developed as per thebusinessrequirements.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, and supported users with ETL operations.
- Reporting the bugs in ClearQuest, interacting with the developer for resolving the same and retesting the resolved bug.
- Conducted JAD session with management, vendors, stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Performed extensive Gap analysis to identify the business rules and determine the risks and assisted the PM in budget and resource planning.
Environment: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, MS Project, Oracle SQL, MS SharePoint, QlikView, MS Visio, XML, HP Quality Center.
Business Analyst/IT Analyst
- Involved in the design, review, implementation, testing, release of databases and application software.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed, and documented Business requirements, Performed Gap Analysis, Impact analysis, Identified impact areas.
- Created the Data Flow Diagrams for implementations using industry standard tools MS Visio.
- Collected data using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Well versed in writing SQL query for Validation; Created Data mapping, logical data modeling, ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within database.
- Performed day to day ETL tasks including data cleansing, loading flat files into the warehouse.
- Participated in several sessions related to quality management, joint application development (JAD), defects management, business requirement and professional development.
- Performed Unit testing, coordinated Integrated Functional testing (IFT) and helped create test cases to support the UAT testing team.
- Conducted weekly status meeting, discussed and resolved outstanding issues, prepared status report and sent it to project manager.
Environment: MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS SharePoint, HTML, XML, MS Visio, Oracle SQL Developer