- Mission oriented over16 years IT Specialist, over 8 years Business Analyst and Agile process professional with proven abilities and dedication to success.
- Responsible for analyzing business processes and data processing issues.
- Proven experience in leading functional requirements gathering and documentation.
- Experience in Agile teams coaching, quality assurance and application development for various business application implementations.
- Actively contribute to the agile teams’ effort to maintain the vision and direction of the IT projects.
- Familiar with IVR stress and performance testing
- Proven experience in tracking and reporting product public key infrastructure (PKIs)
- Experience working directly with internal, external customers and business partners to understand the business environment and needs.
- Experience in defining and analyzing requirements and test system functionality
- Experience in developing user documentation, conducting training necessary for successful execution of the project, and providing post deployment user support.
- Experience in reviewing design documents and performing critical thinking analysis and identifying relevant process and specification issues for effective resolution.
- Excellent experience ensuring quality assurance for business applications throughout the Agile software development and application DevOps lifecycle.
- Experience in ensuring implementation of excellent Agile principles and knowledge management on a diverse technical platform of Agile software development.
- Coordinate with the IT Project Managers, government stakeholders, systems partners, technical and functional teams to analyze project issues and finding effective ways to resolve them.
- Experience in testingapplication programming interfaces (APIs) directly and as part of integrationtestingto determine if they meet expectations for functionality, reliability, performance, and security.
- Excel at maximizing available resources, drive teams to meet their zenith performance to meet the clients’ expectations.
- Experience in doing presentations and managing stakeholder Joint Application Design meetings, documenting various discussions and transforming them into usable business requirements.
- A change agent for process improvement, capable of critically evaluating and responding to rapidly evolving technology environments.
- Proven experience using Scrum, XP and Kanban methodologies with continuous integration tools to support business processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, verbal and presentation, organization and time management skills.
- Have solid working relationship with cross functional Agile teams and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Hands - on testing and validation of business requirements that meet customer needs and design specification
- Experience doing adhoc queries using SQL, knowledge of software development using Java.
- A team player and builder, working with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
- Thorough understanding of security rules, regulations and violations in Agile development methodologies, values and procedures.
Hardware: HP-UX, Solaris, IBM MQSeries, IBM WebSphere; BEA WebLogic
Software: DOORS, Rhapsody, Requisite Pro, ClearCase, iTest, Selenium, Cucumber
Environment: s, Tools, and Languages: PVCS (Tracker), Version Manager, Dimensions, SQL, UML, XML, MS Office Professional, GitHub, Rally, Redmine, ServiceNow, SonarQube, Jenkins, Jira, SharePoint
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7 & 8, UNIX
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Confidential, Roslyn VA
- As Agile Business Analyst, lead the functional requirements gathering and documentation.
- Coordinate with DHS/OBIM customers, systems users and partners to formalize the requirements, develop design specification and generate user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work directly with DHS/OBIM internal customers to ensure they understand the business environment and needs.
- Review design and technical specification documents to identify gaps and issues for resolution.
- Analyze business and software design requirements to generate user acceptance criteria that promote Agile best practices and quality user story development.
- Enforce project policies, procedures, Agile processes, agreements and project schedules.
- Provide team-based management and leadership, ensuring that Scrum and other Agile methodologies ae understood and used within the OBIM/IDENT application development.
- Provide technical direction to Agile team members and some stakeholders as needed.
- Work with teams to manage Epics, features and tasks in Jira.
- Facilitate Scrum events and ensure Agile principles and practices are fulfilled during each sprint.
- Document requirements from stakeholders, sizing and prioritizing user stories with teams during estimation
- Support implementation and training of the SDLC releases within production, development and information security environment.
- Coordinate business plan, schedules and forecasts for the software implementation and releases based on DervOps lifecycle.
- Elicit operational objectives of business requirements by working with the business people and Agile teams to generate user stories and maintain them in Jira.
- Develop test plans and execute appropriate smoke and regression tests required for a product release.
- Develop test cases from the acceptance criteria and execute them through the iTest tool in the XML format
- Generate sprint burn down, burn up charts to provide progress reports for stakeholders and management.
- Provide win win approach, creative and practical solutions to meet customers’ goals and objectives.
- Interact with stakeholders, Product Owners and user representatives to prepare milestone status reports, deliver occasionally oral presentations on business concepts.
- Facilitate product backlog grooming process with Product Owners.
- Work with teams to prioritize backlog items during sprint planning.
- Work with the Product Owners for acceptance of valuable product.
- Audit Agile development process and products according to privacy and policies of quality standards
- Provide reports of discrepancies, progress and corrective actions.
- Participate in quality assurance process to ensure testing will match requirements and fulfill the intended business needs.
Confidential, Washington DC.
- As Agile Business Analyst, worked with teams during transitional period from waterfall to Agile methodology
- A liaison between Agile delivery teams and stakeholders including product owners.
- Gathered, analyzed and managed requirements using DOORS
- Reviewed business plan and design requirements documents used to generate user acceptance criteria for promoting Agile best practices and quality user story development.
- Worked with teams to provide end user and stakeholder needs.
- Created and maintained process flows, burn down team-based velocity charts.
- Provided team-based management and leadership; ensuring Scrum and other Agile methodologies were fully understood and used for the USCIS ELIS application development.
- Worked with stakeholders and Product Owners to manage product backlog during release planning.
- Communicated mission goals to teams and prioritized backlog items during sprint planning.
- Supported USCIS stakeholders and application users, to track and resolve issues using ServiceNow technology.
- Facilitated Scrum events including grooming, planning, daily scrum stand-ups, reviews, demos, and retrospective.
- Engaged in release deployment activities with early identification and resolution of all defects, risks, and issues that promoted defect-free deployments.
- Coordinated with teams to define and develop test cases and scenarios from user requirements that provided the best test quality standard for the ELIS project.
- Triaged incidents discovered during test execution process
- Performed defect tracking and analysis, design of issues and functional scope changes.
- Evaluated systems that interfacing with ELIS system and conducted analysis of interdependency issues and provided recommendations on continuous improvement.
- Provided management with monthly reports from the analysis made on risks management and deliverables.
- Performed system hands on training.to users
Confidential, Reston, VA
- As Business Analyst, worked with the Agile teams to gather business functional requirements and prepared technical specification documents.
- Coordinated with stakeholders and teams to remove impediments through independent verification and validation aspect of testing.
- Actively supported the development of USCIS enterprise system.
- Identified core business needs and performed decomposition of concepts of operation, briefings and user stories.
- Documented business rules and mapped use cases to user stories in workflow diagrams.
- Performed system testing with user support group
- Provided technical expertise in software testing during functional, automated, regression, user acceptance and integration testing.
- Ensured defect free product for end users
- Documented, tracked and communicated test results,
- Analyzed unresolved defects, test problems and recommend appropriate measures for resolution.
- Participated fully in the ESB work group technical discussions
- Documented issues and provided effective recommendations for issues resolution.
Confidential - California
- As systems engineer for the DoD project, created and reviewed systems specification work order statements to determine functional requirements for the Confidential .
- Developed and implemented methodology, sequence flow diagrams, and uses cases in UML to ensure project expectations were executed.
- Provided technical expertise for the architectural design for the Global Hawk system using Rhapsody model.
- Performed IVR stress testing to verify IVR system has been built to endure extreme traffic levels as measured.
- Actively involved in the project design and certification reviews and prepared Software Design Compliance reports.
- Provided administrative and technical expertise for supporting and managing the entire Global Hawk application project development lifecycle.
- Created and implemented test plan and procedures for the system testers.
- Managed systems requirements and designed traceability matrices using DOORS.
- Used excellent communication and technical report writing skills to develop technical requirements documentation for the business.
- Developed specifications and statement of work documents to help software developers to write quality codes and create supportive test scripts.
- Achieved Confidential Certificate Award in recognition for successfully processing use cases and requirements.
Confidential, Alexandria VA
REQUIREMENTS AND TEST MANAGER
- As Requirements and Test Manager, provided supervision, training, and evaluation of test and requirements Analysis Engineers to support the project exceptions.
- Provided project lifecycle administration and management support for the DoD customers, systems, software, CM and Network engineers.
- Successfully managed all functional and integration testing complexities of the work force management system project with global implementation, and rapidly evolving requirements.
- Identified methods of continuous improvements to enhance efficiencies and performance of existing system functionalities.
- Stayed abreast of any new test methods and tools and provided project delivery under stringent timelines and high pressure.
- Ensured test environment, test data, scripts and tools were very well prepared to achieve best results.
- Executed appropriate smoke and regression tests required for a product release.
- Facilitated requirements elicitation workshops, developed software requirements specifications (SRS) documents as a communication tool between the stakeholders and software designers.
- Developed functional requirements to assist system design and software development and improved the overall product administration.
- Established effective and efficient test procedures for patches implementations.
- Served as a customer relationship manager to business representatives on behalf of client program
- Facilitated requirements backlog categorization and prioritization.
- Developed and implemented enterprise-wide systems integration, verification and validation, user acceptance testing, and transition tests.
- Completed test level assessment and created an overall test strategy document.
- Chaired various project walkthrough meetings to ensure that all requirements complied with the checklist.
- Established excellent interpersonal communication skills with subject matter engineers and with the internal and external vendors.
- Created team reward system to increase individual and staff performance and efficiency.
Confidential, Alexandria VA
TEST AND EVALUATION (T&E) ANALYST
- As test and evaluation analyst, performed ongoing system evaluation and testing of modernized Java-based Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval (EDGAR).
- Managed the analysis of the project specifications
- Created test plans/procedures, and test data to initiate software and system testing protocol.
- Executed final validation of system functionality and developed a process for successful transition to start-up operation.
- Performed enterprise-wide systems integration, verification, validation, and transition activities.
- Performed tests to confirm IVR system and infrastructure with lots of traffic to see if it fell over
- Ensured that T&E strategy aligned with and supported the approved acquisition strategy that provided adequate and risk-reducing T&E information to support project decisions.
- Provided support for SEC customers, stakeholders, development teams and increased project efficiency.
- Created discussion groups to develop a process to help to alleviate user acceptance testing (UAT) errors.
Confidential, Fairfax VA
- As system engineer, managed development of systems requirements and oversaw test cases management.
- Provided technical expertise for the architectural design for the e-File application development environment.
- Organized defect reporting, tracking and resolving processes to support project execution.
- Implemented an interactive capability and identified COTS products for storing and securing sensitive data.
- Conducted e-File application validation and actively involved in system integration testing
- Performed full life cycle software tracking to meet the IRS standards.
- Developed viable processes to conduct training for the IRS employees that allowed them to conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) for the e-File application, which improved customer involvement capabilities.