- Sr. Business Systems Analyst with 8 years of experience functioning primarily in the Banking & Finance domain using several Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodologies with a focus on Asset and Wealth Management, Broker, RIA, Retail Banking, Credit Scoring Models, Design Development & Implementation of the business processes.
- Well versed with regulatory acts such as FINRA, Securities Exchange Act, FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), FCBA (Fair Credit Billing Act) and compliances like Know your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Securities Exchange Act, Basel 1, 2, 3, Dodd Frank Act, Volcker rule, GAAP and Business knowledge of Capital Markets Fixed Income, Derivatives.
- Experienced in working under various SDLC environments including Waterfall, Waterfall - Scrum, Agile Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) possessing abilities to work with cross functional and self-organizing teams.
- Assisted project managers in achieving milestones, deliverables, outlining project actions, vision and objectives using Critical Path Analysis (CPA), Impact Analysis, GAP Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, feasibility studies like PESTLE analysis, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Earned Value Management (EVM) and Financial Analysis Models (NPV, ROI).
- Expertise in writing User Stories, Acceptance Criteria by facilitating meetings between the product owner, stakeholders as well as the development team members & Assisted PO defining Definition of Ready (DOR) and Definition of Done (DOD).
- Business writing skills in writing Business documents such as, Use-Case Specifications, FRD, BRD, and SRS.
- Knowledge of feature and user story prioritization techniques such as MoSCoW, KANO, and Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) as well as estimation techniques such as Planning Poker, Value Stream mapping, T-shirt sizing, Bucket sizing.
- Assisted the Product owner in developing Project plan and defining the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Minimum Releasable Feature (MRF), Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF) and defining the Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Experience in analyzing diverse architectures, workflows, and developing business solution model using Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Activity Diagram, Entity-Relationship Diagram using MS visio and Lucid charts.
- Prepared Low fidelity and high-fidelity Wireframes and Mock-ups using Balsamiq to assist UI/UX team.
- Assessed risks, issues, impediments efficiently and possess in-depth knowledge in Requirement Management, Change Management, Risk Register, Defect Management, Program Management, Release Management, Project Management, and Risk Management using different tools like JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, SharePoint, and MS Project.
- Create User Stories from stakeholders' requirements and translate those into a technical design document for team.
- Highly proficient in Data Modeling, Data analysis, Data Migration, Data Lakes, Data Integration & Data Profiling along with the understanding of Data Warehouse System, Operational Data Store (ODS) and Data Marts.
- Identified sources and target databases in the data migration process. Wrote the transformation rules and logics for the migration and maintained the data mapping specification document and data mapping document, performed data cleansing on the selected source data. Created data dictionaries and data glossaries.
- Experienced in the implementation of Databases, Data Table Structures, Schemas, Online Processing Systems like OLAP Operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, Slicing, Dicing and Pivot. Worked extensively with Data warehouses by migrating data from various OLTP’s to OLAP cube using ETL/ELTs tools such as Informatica Power center.
- Worked on SQL queries using unions, joins, aggregation, order by & group by to extract data from all data sources for analysis as and when needed and also used queries such as select, where clause to query data from database.
- Experienced in performing Application programing interface (API) testing using test scripts with help of Postman and SoapUI to test the requests and responses of APIs. Solid knowledge on Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer (REST) and its documentation using Swagger and performing CRUD operations with Swagger.
- Experienced in Reporting tools such as Tableau and Power BI to generate Standard Static Reports, Ad-hoc Reports, Visualizations, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Write-Back Reports, and Interactive Dashboards.
- Assisted Integration Testing, Regression Testing, UAT, Load/Performance Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Stress Testing, and Sanity Testing of applications with knowledge on Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC).
- Extensive knowledge in Continuous integration and Continuous deployment and understanding of development techniques like TDD (test driven development), BDD (behavior driven development), ATDD (acceptance test driven development).
Business Skills: Stakeholder Management, Change Management, Impact Analysis, Risk Management, Cost-Benefit Analysis, ROI Analysis, JAD Sessions, Financial Reporting, SWOT analysis.
Requirement Management: Jira, Confluence, MS Office, HP ALM, MS SharePoint, Servicenow, Confluence,MS Excel.
CRM Software: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Lightning Connect, Journey Builder, Mobile Studio, AWS.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Agile-Scrum, SAFe, XP.
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Signavio, Invision, Lucid Charts.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center, Talend.
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Multi-dimensional Analysis, ODS, OLAP Operations
Analysis, Reporting and BI: Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Analytics Studio, Microstrategy, Power BI, Celonis, QlikView, Looker.
Databases/DBMS: MySQL, PL/SQL, Teradata, Oracle.
Defect Tracking/ Testing Tools: HP ALM/QC, JIRA.
Web Services and API Tools: SOAP, RESTful, XML, JSON, Swagger, Postman.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Acted as a primary liaison between themanagement, and thetechnical teamthroughout the project life cycle.
- Gathered Requirements from end-users such as wealth managers and customers, and SME’s such as financial analysts by conducting elicitation techniques like interviewing, prototyping, document analysis and organized JAD sessions.
- Verified compliance documents for Customer Due Diligence (CDD), FDI Act (Federal Deposit Insurance Act) and KYC.
- DraftedBusiness Design Document (BDD)which would in turn serve as the centrepiece of the project.
- Assisted Product Owner with prioritizing the User Stories based on MoSCoW model using tools like Atlassian JIRA, identified the Acceptance Criteria to validate PSPI, and defining Definition of Ready (DOR) and Definition of Done (DOD).
- Worked closely with the technical team to convert functional and non-functional requirement to technical requirement.
- Developed high fidelity prototypes for Graphic User interface (GUI)-wireframes and mock-up using Balsamiq Mockups.
- AssistedPOandPMinROI Analysis,andGAP Analysis, Risk analysisin order to be prepared for potential Business risk.
- Assisted the UI/UX team for continuously improving existing methods and investigating new methods within the UX area in redesigning of the application through cohort analysis and helping them by creating Mock-up Screens for understanding.
- Actively participated in all the scrum meetings like Sprint planning, daily standup meeting, sprint review, sprint retrospective, team grooming and product backlog refinement grooming for prioritizing the User stories.
- Assisted DB architects in preparing the data modeling process by creating conceptual and logical diagram, identifying the Entity relationships, and designing database schema to help understand the data warehouse architecture.
- Documented and tested API documentation using Swagger and carried out functional API testing using POSTMAN tool.
- Performed Data Migration from on-premises Microsoft MySql Database for shared resources to Amazon Redshift cloud for further analysis and taking future business decisions based on that and helped in writing and documenting the transformation logics from source to target system in the Data Mapping Specification Document.
- Assisted in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios & Test Cases with the testers from the team and Assisted testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing such as beta testing.
- Created various types of reports for Customer Onboarding, Customer Satisfaction, ROI and dashboards using Tableau.
- Generated automated task reminders and documented testers feedback using confluence tool for performance evaluation and created various confluence space to manage and adjust the requirements, meeting minutes, discussions.
- Monitored the progress of the overall project, tracked individual issues such as user stories, defects and technical debt using Atlassian JIRA, allowing for improved visibility of project status and accurate forecasts.
- Assisted the ETL team in writing OLAP queries for processing multidimensional data and applied several transformations to the data prior to movement in target system.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, machine learning, Amazon Redshift, Journey Builder, Informatica PowerCenter, Confluence (7.2), JIRA (7.13.5), Tableau 2019.4, MS office 2013 (MS word excel PowerPoint).
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Developed good understanding of trading systems in the middle and back office at broker dealer and custodian’s end.
- Worked in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and assisted the Product Owner and Project Manager in prioritizing requirements, identifying dependencies of project and risks in advance to plan accordingly for the Program Increment (PI).
- Analyzed feasibility of business requirements and identified dependencies by interacting with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Product Owner and Technical Lead. Coordinated dependencies across multiple Teams within the Release Train.
- Worked closely with the technical team to convert functional requirements to technical requirements and developed high fidelity and low fidelity wireframes and mock-ups of the process flow using Balsamiq Mock-ups.
- Developed Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams such as use case diagram, activity diagram, State diagram, Sequence using Lucid Charts to communicate the flow of project to better understand for the teams.
- Worked at the Team level and Program level with Product Owners and Project Manager in the breakdown of high-level capabilities into features and breaking down Features into User Stories and then breaking down into tasks for teams.
- Assisted Product Owner in PI Planning in prioritizing the user stories using Prioritization techniques such as Moscow, Business value-based methods and assisted the SM in facilitating user stories estimation using Planning Poker technique.
- Used JIRA and Confluence for tracking the project progress and team collaboration to carry out the project effectively and maintained Product Backlog Items (PBIs) throughout the project and clearing the team doubt for functional requirement.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies and assisted the Product owner in defining the Acceptance Criteria in Gherkins format, and extensively used JIRA to create user stories and helped in framing Definition of Done (DoD).
- Translates business and user requirements into detailed system requirements, swimlanes, mock screens, data models and workflows for the ServiceNow technology organization for the high level project manager for better understanding.
- Examined Source Data using SQL queries as part of Data Profiling to configure the profile data. Extensively performed data mapping according to Data Mapping document from source data (CSV, Flat file, Excel) to target using Informatica.
- Worked on Salesforce Mobile Studio, to create Email notifications, Push Notifications to help automate business processes.
- Assisted in creating Automated Test Scripts by helping the testing team understand various trade scenarios, Documented the Load Testing process and methodology. Maintained test notes and requirements using HP ALM.
- Assisted in creating test cases for testing in Integration testing, System testing. and assisted in conducting the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and documenting the inputs of end users for clarification.
- Created interactive reports like Trade success & failure rate, Latency, Operational cost reduction, customer satisfaction & retention rate reports using Tableau and Excel to track the effect of Machine Learning on Trade process.
- Created ServiceNow reports, dashboards & homepages and use the data gathered from shared resources like yahoo finance to work with process owners to determine KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and room for improvement in the platform.
- Gather feedback from stakeholder about system performance and plan upgrades, hardware/software installations.
ENVIRONMENT: SAFe, AI, Informatica, MS Visio 2019, MS Office 2013 (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), JIRA (7.6.2), Confluence (6.10), Servicenow, Balsamiq, SoapUI, Swagger, HP ALM, Tableau 2018.3, Salesforce CRM
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Business System Analyst
- After being on boarded conducted Document analysis and GAP analysis to understand the difference in system performance and performed AS-IS and TO-BE analysis to estimate the effort needed for teams to complete the project.
- Outlined project deliverables in the forms of Business Requirements Document (BRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM). Effectively took care of requirements churn.
- Conducted impact analysis, risk analysis, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility studies like SWOT and PESTLE analysis to analyze and prepare for any potential business and technical risks and created triple constraints document for project.
- Analyzed the BRD to create epics and user stories with the product owner. Also assisted in defining the acceptance criteria and the definition of done for the Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI).
- Performed velocity or capacity planning as required. Tracked progress by creating sprint burnup charts and product burnup charts. Conducted time-boxed daily standups in the absence of scrum master and taking the important inputs from PO.
- Utilized SQL operations such as procedures, select, triggers, natural join and unions to perform CRUD operations on data.
- Used web services and API’s to communicate with the banks directly and have their statements, balance and transactions.
- Accustomed to building UML diagrams like use case diagrams, class diagrams, activity diagrams to visualize the flow.
- Effective knowledge in using Business intelligence and reporting tools like Tableau to build analytical data models for business owners, so that they can identify business opportunities and take decisions with more clarifications for project.
- Used JIRA to generate and maintain the artifacts such as Product backlogs, Sprint backlogs, User stories and defects.
- Generated various Financial reporting, Risk reporting based on business KPIs including bar graphs, pie charts for spending, histograms using Tableau.
- Participated and assisted the QA team by building test strategies and test plans for testing processes like load testing, smoke testing, sanity testing, user acceptance testing and regression testing.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, MS Office (MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS PowerPoint), MS Visio, Tableau, JIRA (7.3.0), GitHub, MS SQL Server, HP ALM, Confluence (5.10), Java, SOAP, XML, Lucid Chart.
Business System Analyst
- Assisted in generating a streamline process to understand the various steps in the Loan Lifecycle and desired functionality of the new system by interacting with users, SMEs, stakeholders, lenders, underwriters.
- Identified and analyzed needs for various functionalities by using various techniques such as Document Analysis, Focus Groups, and Interviews with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and project stakeholders.
- Prepared the function flow of application; by creating High fidelity Wireframes and MockUps using Invision.
- Performed GAP Analysis by understanding the AS-IS business process and TO-BE business process and created Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) document using Microsoft Visio.
- Developed several activity and sequence diagrams with swim lanes and UML components to show entity relationship diagrams (ERD) using Microsoft Visio for the developers and data architects.
- Assisted in elaboration of epics into user stories in Product Backlog Grooming Session so that stories are granular.
- Designed API technical documents and conducted API designs sessions to understand their functional features of REST, HTML, XML using Postman and worked on developing API integration documentation using Swagger.
- Assisted QA team for validating Test Plan and Test Cases for Integration testing, Regression Testing, Whitebox Testing, black Box Testing, Smoke Testing and assisted in facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Conducted end-to-end data validation of data flow and created the Data Mapping Document, prepared ETL routines.
- Used Tableau to generate credit check reports and application status reports.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to perform data analysis, data validation and data manipulation on Oracle 12c DB.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Invision, Magento 2.0, HP ALM, Web Services, REST, HTML, XML Web Method WSDL, Tableau, Oracle 12c, SQL, Postman, Swagger, JIRA, Confluence.
- Understand the application business logic with Business Requirements Specification Documents and functionality of application with Functional Requirements Specification Documents
- Assisted project manager in preparing project management plan and project charter while creating the work breakdown structure.
- Apprehended transformation logics for individual data sources to design a data repository capable of capturing insights of user behaviors and interactions for investment assets such as Index, Equities, Options, Commodities and Bonds.
- Assisted DB architects in preparing the data modeling process by creating conceptual and logical diagram, identifying the entity relationships and designing database schema to help understand the data warehouse architecture.
- Managed requirement churns strategically through assessing the impact analysis, business value and risks while prioritizing and ensuring minimal effect in the current ongoing sprint.
- Worked with system architects to perform dimensional modelling and identify facts and dimensions.
- Assisted QA team in performing several tests like regression testing and performance testing by writing test cases and test scripts.
- Prepared decommissioning and closure reports for discarding legacy system efficiently post completion of migration.
- Acted as a liaison between the technical and business stakeholders while acting as a single point of contact for requirements clarification.
Environment: Waterfall, SQL, Informatica PowerCenter, Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Oracle.
Quality Assurance analyst
- Extensively worked in the Software Test Life Cycle phases from requirement analysis to test cycle closure ensuring that products are built with quality meeting user requirements.
- Assisted testers and senior business analysts by helping define entry and exit criteria for the different STLC phases.
- Developed, documented and executed automation test scripts, test data, test results and defects using Java embedded Selenium Web Driver maintaining Defect Life Cycle and assisted in creating Issue logs using JIRA. Performed smoke, and sanity testing.
- Assessed if product built follow the regulations and rules put forth by governing bodies like FINRA and Basel III.
- Created test results dashboard using Tableau through maintaining a live connection with spreadsheet files generated as output pertaining to different test suites executed providing test coverage report for senior management.
- Wrote test cases, test scripts and test scenarios in a manner meeting user requirement for both the manual and automated testing.
Environment: Waterfall model, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, STLC, Java, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence.