- IT Business Analyst with more than 5 years of experience. Industries such as Insurance, and Health care technology using Excel, SQL, Agile Scrum. Gathered requirements from business users and various stakeholders and translated them to the technical team, developing detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, and product backlog items. Worked closely with customers and technology services colleagues to develop and execute all test plans associated with deploying a core business solution.
- Business Support Analyst responding to business needs and priorities in a systematic and effective way. Action - oriented with strong abilities to communicate effectively with technology, executive and business audiences.
- Experience in Commercial surety, eSurety, Contract bonds, Professional Liability, Independent contractors, P&C. and employee health insurance, worker's compensation insurance claim and life insurance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers.
- Experience working across multiple functions / businesses in a matrix environment Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to advocate for best practices and standards
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to identify a problem, analyze the source and root cause of the problem and recommend viable solutions
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan and complete work on tight deadlines and budgets.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile SCRUM, SDLC
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle(Toad)
Quality Assurance/Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Service Now, Putty(Data Mappings and Data Flow Diagrams) Erwin, Excel BRD, FRD, SSIS RPA UiPath, Automation, BluePrism Risk Management, Process Mapping GuideWire Applications Snowflake, Talend.
- Define and Document user requirements for technology solutions
- Participate in the design process to ensure that business requirements are being satisfied, facilitating design reviews with business users
- Communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and execute IT test plans and coordinate IT testing and UAT activities
- Help with coordinating the implementation of new system functionality into production
- Maintain compliance with Discovery’s Software Development Lifecycle documentation and mandated compliance requirements for all application changes
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business customers to maintain business expertise and alignment
- Provide functional and business expertise for IT projects and business systems support
- Conduct analysis of business process changes for potential system impacts.
- Provide 2nd level support for production issues which includes problem identification, definition, and implementation of short-term work around and coordination of long-term software solution with development team.
- Provide system expertise in support of new employee training and ongoing system training needs
- Works with project managers, establishes and manages the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for IT
- May develop work plan timelines and manage workflows to meet project timeframes
- Develop or assist project managers in developing implementation plans, including the scheduling of project milestones.
- Makes recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensures actions are executed to standard and in accordance with established completion timelines.
- Working closely with project managers and EMEA Procurement to facilitate the processing of vendor work orders/Statements of Work
- Develop project plans that conform to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards, and provide comprehensive status reporting for ongoing programs of work
- Work with users and the development team to propose and develop technical solutions to business challenges
- Assists in the development of implementation plans. Oversees the development and execution of training and user acceptance testing plans
- Aiding IT staff in regard to Change Management policies and procedures
- Follow all project management framework standards, procedures, and documentation
- Contribute to Change Management process improvement initiatives
- Development, maintenance, and administration of Governance repositories: license, maintenance & support, asset inventory, crisis management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, and Project Management Frameworks is a plus
- Self-directed, self-motivated, independent worker
Business Analyst/Product Owner
- Working as a Guidewire Business Analyst for the Advance Project in the Personal Lines, which is a web-based policy administration system used for quoting and applications for all commercial surety, Esurety, Professional Liability and P&C projects
- Analyzed Business Requirement Documents and created Test Case based on requirements
- Worked on business application and processes, collected end user requirements, and suggested the improvised business process model as per Agile Methodology
- Meet with end users to understand business needs and gathering requirements and defining requirements (User Stories).
- Worked on scrum methodology and worked on project plans and created project chart and worked efficiently with the stake holders Involved in conducting GAP Analysis, Preliminary Acceptance Testing (PAT) and onsite User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Worked with various teams and prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) by gathering requirements through detailed discussions with business users.
- Worked on Project migration from Legacy main frame application to Guide wire application.
- Working with UML and Visio in drawing up Process flow diagrams and Use Cases to capture and clarify Requirement and to explain the step-by-step process for specific business process.
- Created custom datasets using SQL by performing multiple joins on several tables in a database and developed BI solutions tailored to meet the requirements gathered from multiple cross functional teams and senior leaders.
- Support the Test Team and the rest of the Development Team in compliance related issues while working with them in the development phases of the project.
- Working with Excel to create Pivot tables, Macros, using VLOOKUP and excel formulas to derive or extract data.
- Provide project management team with identified risks, concerns, and ambiguities discovered during the gathering of requirements; assist team in developing solutions.
- Documenting bond configuration requirements including analysis and configuration using Confidential ’s proprietary tools and 3rd Party product (Guidewire) that Confidential use for these projects.
- Developing Insurance bond forms including field mapping to determine what is printed, formatting to align with bond configuration standards that need to be printed as part of the insurance policy
- Conducting Unit test for the work being done as part of the business analysis and configuration
- Working on Forms Analysis, forms development and forms testing. Creating new schemas, attributes, and schema tree designs for Surety Bonds. Working on document template manger, Schema manager, rules manager, attribute manager, creating new queries and adding rules to the portal.
- Providing specific requirements to the development team on developing GuideWrire applications.
- Creating configurations and rating Grids for bonds rating in the GuideWire Applications.
- Coordinating user acceptance testing by working with business users and ensuring the deliverables meet the original requirements.
- Conducting preliminary triage of the production requests and create defects (backlogs) in JIRA with in the sprints.
- Used RPA tools for automating the process, manual rating and data upload.
- Work with product management to create and maintain solution roadmap
- Assist other team members, scrum development team, and enterprise architecture in developing solution delivery best practices
- Be the strong liaison between Product Management and development to ensure a transparent and productive workflow environment
- Work with teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Provide sprint goal and tactical objectives to scrum team, and provide quick JIT decisions to system level questions and defect triage
- Work with program management to track schedule against the roadmap, and escalate risks and issues
- Work with functional business areas to elicit and document requirements from use cases through acceptance criteria. Analyze and prioritize requirements
- Write functional specifications
- Model the requirements/specifications.
- Met regularly with Business and internal stakeholders to understand the company's plans for the products.
- Created product plans and user stories based on business and customer requirements for three different financial reporting products.
- Coordinated and managed development work with an offshore team.
- Designed product features and enhancements that improved production performance by 25% and significantly reduced error rates for basic use cases.
- Experiencve in NICE IEX Workforce Management to identify patterns, and develop variety of reports.
- Led and coordinated scrum and release activities for a cross-product, cross-group, and multiple team product release that allowed the release to ship ahead of schedule.
- Developed quality measures and procedures for improving bug testing and reporting and evangelized them within the division.