- Experienced Business/Data Analyst wif around 7 years of experience in analyzing and supporting business solutions or operations.
- Hands on working experience in requirement gathering, reporting, documentation, process mapping, scheduling, planning, and data analysis.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies—Traditional Waterfall Model and Agile Scrum, Kanban.
- Hands on experience maintaining the Product Backlog, Sprint Planning, Sprint Backlog, and creating the Epics/ User stories.
- Experienced in performing Gap Analysis (As Is - To Be), Impact Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Involved in moving the application and database servers to Company’s Azure Cloud environment.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Workshops Facilitation sessions wif end-user/clients/stake holders and the IT group for requirement elicitation.
- Expertise in requirement elicitation from business stake holders and providing recommendations to business problems/issues.
- Proficiency in documenting Business process design, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use case Specifications, Functional Specification Document (FSD), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS), User Interface Specification (UIS) and other related artifacts.
- Experience in developing Story boards, Screen Mockups, and Screen Flows for design feedbacks.
- Proficient in analyzing and creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams, business flow diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Exposure on creating Screen Mockups and wire frames for the functional document/ user stories.
- Heavy SQL/Database developer experience in writing efficient SQL queries for data manipulation, analysis, and validation.
- Involved in writing, testing and implementation of the stored procedures, functions, packages, and complex SQL queries for extracting data or performing analysis.
- Advanced skills in visualization of data using Tableau, QlikView and Power BI
- Proficient in working wif testing tools and carrying out functionality testing, graphical user interface testing, system testing, integration testing, UAT testing and regression testing of client/server by working wif Quality Assurance Teams.
- Proficient in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability, and fault tolerance issues. Familiar wif testing tools to design and develop test plans and test script.
- Experienced in social media listening tools to identify the sentiment analysis of the customer feedback using Crimson Hexagon and Brandwatch.
- Result oriented, motivated and an organized team player wif excellent communication skills and capability of working for a common goal.
- Composed, professional and a well-balanced individual wif strong understanding of business relationships and business requirements.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile - Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
Programming Languages: SQL, R, HTML, XML
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, MS Office Suite -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL Developer, Tableau, SSMS, MySQL, Sisense, Crystal Reports, QlikView, Brandwatch, Azure, Salesforce, HP ALM, SOAPUI, Rational Rose
Confidential - Plano, TX
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Acts as liaison between development teams, product team and quality team in agile scrum.
- Facilitates daily standup, sprint planning, sprint retrospective and prioritize user stories on each sprint to make sure they are ready for estimation and development and manage offshore and onsite team.
- Communicate effectively wif product manager for reporting the status of the user stories which are scheduled in each sprint.
- Participate in kick-off meetings and creates epics/user stories on JIRA board based on the impacts of different aspects of the application and discuss solutions wif technical leads/ development team.
- Maintains product backlog, sprint backlogs, scrum notes, task boards, sprint planning boards and road maps and responsible for estimation of user stories.
- Communicate wif offshore team to track the development process and review user stories that are in development to make sure the functionality and designs are as per acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for creating JIRA cards for defects and worked wif the developers to get solved.
- Review existing testcases and provide inputs to the testing team to cover missing requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues preventing development going forward and defects found after completion of UAT testing in production environment.
- Responsible for Presentation of the developed features wif the client services team to get their feedback on the product. Provide support to the Sales/Client Services team.
- Analyzed requirements for moving the application and database servers from an On-premises environment over to Company’s Azure Cloud environment
- Worked wif company’s cloud migration team to ensure database and app service TEMPhas been setup and configured in the company’s Azure Cloud environment
- Performed extensive data analysis by developing SQL queries using multiple tables, joins.
- Monitored sentimental analysis of customer satisfaction on devices using social media listening tools like Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch to extract Internet Voice of Customers
- Responsible for analyzing the Customer sales opportunities on the Salesforce of the products/ application and discuss wif customers to get their feedback for future product development.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, energetic and flexible team player.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Microsoft Office, JIRA, Azure, Confluence, Brandwatch, Tableau, Salesforce, Slack, SSMS 2017
Business Data Analyst
- Responsible for taking part in conference calls, virtual training sessions, e-mails, and site visits as necessary to facilitate and assist organizations wif installation, testing, and implementation of electronic interface.
- Documented and enhanced technical and business documentation as needed related to data exchange processes.
- Created and managed Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements
- Responsible for analyzing and maintaining organization data submitted by providers/ vendors to the Interface and solve data issues by working wif the developers.
- Created SQL queries/PLSQL for checking data submitted and exported data into excel sheets.
- Wrote SQL queries inline queries and sub queries for faster data retrieval from multiple tables.
- Migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as Flat file, Excel, SQL Developer.
- Worked directly wif stakeholders in requirement elicitation for documentation and facilitated weekly meetings wif providers for weekly updates.
- Developed documents executes and monitors the configuration plans for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Extracted data from SQL server into temporary tables to cleanup and standardize column entries for importing into new SQL data structures. Used extensive SQL to create/modify/delete data.
- Developed ETL workflows to work wif various sources and targets like MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Performed day to day ETL tasks including data cleansing, loading flat files into the warehouse.
- Created epics/user stories on JIRA/Scrum board based on the requirements form the customers and discuss possible solutions wif development team.
- Maintained department SharePoint and Salesforce site modifying organizations spreadsheets and uploading new documents as required for team use.
- A monthly status report will be provided through the weekly client meetings outlining accomplishment, progress, and upcoming goals for activities assigned.
Environment: Oracle SQL, XML, Web services, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Excel, CDC PHINMS, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint, Agile Scrum, JIRA, Azure
Business Analyst/QA Analyst
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Built a business process model using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Created and maintained project plan including schedule and resource planning, critical path analysis, business and technical analysis, technical and project documentation, meeting summaries, status reports, risk and issue management, change management, among others.
- Created the Data Flow Diagrams for implementations using industry standard tools MS Visio.
- Collected data using Microsoft Excel and Access
- Worked wif development team to understanddataload/datamapping issues ordatamodeling gaps to make suredatawarehousetables are developed as per thebusinessrequirements.
- Worked wif database connections, SQL joins, aliases, views, aggregate conditions,
- Performed day to day ETL tasks including data cleansing, loading flat files into the warehouse.
- Participated in several sessions related to quality management, joint application development (JAD), defects management, business requirement and professional development.
- Conducted JAD session wif management, vendors, stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Performed Unit testing, coordinated Integrated Functional testing (IFT) and helped create test cases to support the UAT testing team.
- Performed extensive Gap analysis to identify the business rules and determine the risks and assisted the PM in budget and resource planning.
- Conducted weekly status meeting, discussed and resolved outstanding issues, prepared status report and sent it to project manager.
Environment: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, MS Project, Oracle SQL, MS SharePoint, QlikView, MS Visio, XML, HP Quality Center.