- IT Business Systems Analyst, IT Project Manager, Business Intelligence (BI), and Analytics and Reporting Developer who delivers and supports state - of-the-art solutions that create breakthrough innovations in business operations, healthcare, manufacturing, and finance. Combines deep curiosity, industry Knowledge, business skills, technology, teamwork, science, and engineering to build great solutions. Self-starter, fast learner, multi-disciplinary expert with proven experience building technical teams and communities of scientists, engineers, IT, managers, executives, and vendors in diverse industries.
Quantitative Analytics and Reporting Engineer
- Doing client data and workflow requirements analysis and system design documentation.
- Designing, developing, and using proprietary C# and SQL Server database applications and algorithms for trading analytics, reporting, simulation, instrument pricing, and recordkeeping for private clients.
Senior IT Business Analyst
- Researched and interviewed users to elicit and re-prioritize business and technology requirements.
- Developed use cases and user stories. Reviewed UI mockups. Helped in Agile iteration reviews.
- Refocused the project and team on core requirements to deliver a departmental collaboration intranet with a semantic search engine. Recommendations slashed 12-month delivery time by 4 months.
Senior IT Business Analyst
- Created project charter and project plan.
- Captured business use cases and technical requirements using stakeholders meetings and interviews.
- Developed BPMN 2.0 system process flows and UML architecture diagrams to match requirements.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Scientific Programmer / Analyst
- Streamlined manufacturing operations using Lean Six Sigma tools (process maps, Pareto, and 5S).
- Just-In-Time support to fix problems with robotics for product labeling and packaging systems.
- Used BABOK methods (project scoping, process mapping, gap analysis, UML and EERD models) to elicit requirements, develop use cases and user stories, and prioritize functions in product backlog.
- Installed, developed, upgraded, and validated applications on SQL Server (SSMS, SSAS, SSIS, DQS, PowerPivot, PowerView), Oracle 10g DBMS, SpotFire v5, Excel, LabVIEW, SharePoint, Java, and BizAgi.
- Developed Business Intelligence analytics data mart software for Custom Chemicals Quotation System (did requirements analysis, design, code sprints, and iteration tests).
- Developed two SharePoint-based applications: 1) Continuous Improvement Team Project Document Management and Data Archiving Library, and 2) TotalChrom Issue Tracking and Support.
- Managed upgrade project for IDBS ActivityBase used for assay services.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Business Analyst / R&D Informatics Specialist
- Analyzed requirements for R&D-to-clinical applications to be implemented on Agilent OpenLAB ELN.
- Wrote and executed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts.
- Gave Just-In-Time (JIT) for US and European users.
- Built the ELN Configuration Catalog for ELN template management.
Confidential, Bedford, MA
R&D Software Application Engineer
- Rolled out Agilent Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) solution to 85 scientists and engineers in antibodies and reagents, stem cells, microbiology, and filters. 7 months from initial approval to done.
- Wrote requirements, use cases and user stories, test scripts and validation documents. Developed applications. Ran UAT process. Trained all users and trainers. Delivered Just-In-Time (JIT) support.
R&D Informatics Specialist and Business Analyst
- Wrote application requirements using BABOK, Lean IT, Agile, and requirements engineering methods.
- Led weekly end user s, and gave Just-In-Time (JIT) application .
Confidential, Woburn, MA
Founder, R&D Program Manager
- Developed trading analytics, reporting, back-testing, recordkeeping tools for private equity firm (2012).
- Led R&D-wide ELN strategy development and system selection for British Petroleum (2010).
- Led Biology ELN selection and pilot for Millennium / Takeda Pharmaceuticals (2009).
- Provided vendor auditing & oversight for CambridgeSoft ELN project for Ironwood Pharma (2009).
- Led InterPARES Global Industry Team to create Digital Archives global process models ( ).
- Led vision, strategy, rollouts, and projects for ELNs, digital archives, LIMS, and cheminformatics.
- Managed business analysts, software engineers, and project managers to elicit, prioritize, scope and validate business and functional requirements in R&D, manufacturing, energy, and healthcare firms.
- Led and facilitated workshops to create process maps, use cases, user stories, and develop test scripts.
- Managed projects to select install, configure, develop, train users, and administer ELNs & SDMS (Agilent OpenLab, CambridgeSoft eNotebook, Rescentris CERF, IDBS BioBook, and Symyx systems.)
- Wrote system validation documentation for FDA GxP/GMP/GLP, EPA, ISO 9000, DoD compliance.
- Managed and oversaw outsourcing of service delivery, project management, and company finances.h chemical sample physical data (This was the first “scientists’ spreadsheet” for chemistry & spectroscopy). This patent has been cited 20x and d 25x through August 2015.