- 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst, with in - depth knowledge of SDLC with mostly initial phases of Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experience as Business Analyst with expertise in Banking, Investment, Wealth Management, Asset Management, compliance and regulations.
- Skilled at performing different analyses like Gap analysis, SWOT analysis, Risk analysis, Cost-benefit analysis, along with good knowledge of process workflow tools and techniques.
- Goodunderstanding of all the Capital and Financial Markets, Financial Instruments, Treasury Securities, Derivatives (Swaps, Options and Futures), Credit, Trading systems / Trade life cycle.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions and Joint Applications requirements session (JAR) sessions.
- Work with global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams, and software teams to identify new features and projects
- Extensive knowledge in eliciting business, functional & non-functional requirements and documenting business requirements (BRD), Functional requirements (FRD),systemrequirements specifications (SRS), system design specifications (SDS), Epics/User Stories, reporting requirements, data mappings, use cases, activity diagrams, process flows (AS-IS, TO-BE).
- In depth knowledge of UML in visualizing and documenting the artifacts using Use Cases diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Activity diagrams.
- Developed/maintained all project communication deliverables including roadmap, planning list, change request, timeline, budget, scope and other requirements.
- Experience in conducting UAT, and documentation of test case and test plan. Expertise in creating training materials and conducting training sessions
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, communication and presentation skills and involved in high interaction with variety of audiences (PMs, technical specialists, developers, architects, SMEs).
- Experienced in working with business users as a primary liaison between the business users and the development team.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
BI Tools: Power BI, MS Excel
RDBMS: SQL, MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Office Tools: Jira, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS outlook, Office 365
Other Tools: Mock Up, Visio, Draw.io
Confidential - NYC, NY
- Gathered requirements for new LAL platform. Loan Origination system (LORA - Loan Origination and Reporting Application) built inhouse integrated with Loan Accounting System LoanIQ.
- Built system requirements and wireframes for client position in 3D (Wealth management Advisors internal desktop application), MS online (client's portal & Mobile) and client communication (Monthly statements, periodic letters and on-demand letter generation). Worked with Product owners to launch new product offerings and convert legacy products into new LAL & TL platform. Have created business models, business process analysis, Business requirement specifications, data flow diagrams, integration plan with existing systems and managed projects on day-to-day basis.
- Worked with technology team to design solutions to be scalable for new products and support exponential growth in business seen over years. Received appreciation from multiple user groups for the proactive stance.
- Worked with both Wealth management and Investment Banking teams to onboard FX/Non-USD loan products.
- Helped develop dataflow between Source (including LoanIQ) and downstream systems like Warehouse, statements processor and Sub-Ledger.
- Helped develop straight through processing of data to LoanIQ, automation of processes (payments and rollovers), heavy utilization APIs and Event management triggers and interfaces to downstream systems.
- Managed relationship with multiple diverse user groups - Business, Credit, Ops, Risk, FCG etc. Main contact person for product related issues.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Coordinated with other team members to categorize, prioritize and resolve software application issues dealing with all levels of the Order Management Systems (OMS) and Execution Management Systems (EMS).
- Gathered requirements and wrote functional specifications, use cases for fund systems and Front Office Trading Application for Equity, Derivatives, Futures & Options and Fixed Income trades.
- Explored the quality of data stores through analysis of reference, quote, and trade data from Fixed Income data vendors such as Bloomberg, MarketAxess and TradeWeb.
- Prepared Business requirement document (BRD) and Functional requirement document (FRD) as well as high-level project plan and managed all the requirements in Requisite Pro.
- Responsible for communicating requirements with stakeholders, Portfolio Managers, Traders, QA, Designers, Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office and conducting customer and user interviews, workshops, surveys.
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys, and observing from account managers and UI of the existing Brokerage Portal system.
- Examined Order Management System (OMS) to ensure compliances with upgrade requirements, and generated documents for the workflow of exiting system and desired system that involve Cash Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Order Initiation, Order Execution, Trade Clearing, and Booking, and performed GAP Analysis.
- Identified and established communication with all key stakeholders, contributors, business, operations and technical resources surrounding assigned projects.
- Coordinated with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to document all business requirements and activity diagrams to demonstrate workflow in Online Trading Station for opening brokerage accounts, margin accounts, registration, and multifactor login.
- Interacted with SMEs in Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Bonds and Bond Trading Cycle, Bond Pricing, and Asset Management.
- Investigated, reviewed and analysed existing system and Trading Life Cycle and post-trade execution life cycle to expand and track activities related to Securities trading, Customer Management and Broker Compliance.
- Facilitated Scrum meetings: Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Epic and Story Estimation, Sprint Review and Demo, Retrospective.
- Performed Requirements Gathering and Analysis through interactions, meetings and periodic walkthroughs with potential users of the application along with the creation of Epics/User stories, Features, AS IS and TO BE processes, mock ups, etc based on business requirements and business rules.
- Worked with the Quality Assurance team to create Test Plan and Test Cases and conduct unit, integration, and system testing.
- Validated vendor risk profiles against risk group's expectations mapping, migration and conversion of all commodities trade data from the front office, ensuring that trade and risk exposures remain consistent.
- Integrated with stakeholders for verifying the requirements, managing change control process, updating existing documentation & Project Tracking with respect to user stories using project management tool JIRA.
- Performed data analysis and used SQL extensively for analysis and business logic validation needed to resolve production issues.
- Worked extensively with business to rewrite existing use cases and requirements for clarity and consistencies.
- Managed issues and risks by keeping their log up-to-date and escalated defects and issues as needed using JIRA.
- Extensively worked with Project Manager to determine the current best practices for requirement gathering
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements based on the information gathered from various departments and other sources of the bank specially from the CRM Team
- Interact with end users and SMEs, developers and collect inputs to prepare the requirement and conduct data analysis to provide appropriate business requirements
- Gathering more insight about the existing structure of process, business model and current process workflow of the organization from existing artefacts
- Responsible for data governance, data integrity within data warehouse for ensuring that the data is standardized and normalized at the entry point
- Performed data gap analysis to identify the issue in the early stage of the development
- Utilizing agile methodologies to configure and develop process, standards and procedures by participating in various sprint, scrum meeting and daily stand-ups
- Writing Epics and User Stories in JIRA as per the items identified in the Product Backlog
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) along with the QA team to ensure all the business requirements have been fulfilled by the application
- Assisting the product owner with activities like effort estimation, resource management, issue/risk analysis, milestone tracking and associated documentation
- Determining and recommending the most appropriate response to complex problems, issues, and/or defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
Project Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst
- Conducted JAD sessions to gather and document BRD, FRD & NFRD.
- Analysed and defined BRD requirements for critical business applications projects focused on Web based systems.
- Work with Developers to understand requirements and Use cases.
- Supported the development of UAT, review user acceptance test plan and help users with the provision of user guide and manual.
- Established project work plan and Calendar/Schedules, Monitors, Reviews and evaluate progress
- Documented and Created UML diagrams-Use cases, Activity diagrams, sequential diagrams and ER diagrams traceability matrix tor tracing missing functional requirements with respect to testing.
- Prioritized deliverables and conducted GAP and cost benefit analysis of current state (AS-is) and proposed state (To-be).
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results
- Coordinates with project planning and Implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives. Coordinated and attended meetings, establishes and maintains internal and external contacts as necessary.