- Having worked at top tech companies, I get energized supporting teams helping millions of people and innovating industries with software products. I love what the company is doing in the industry and would like to be part of an organization that creates product I believe in.
- My background strengths are automating advanced financial models that consolidate data across multiple sources, create insightful dashboards, promote accountability and empower stakeholders. Examples include building end to end budget reporting process for added granularity at Google using SQL and modeling, building a complex NPV/IRR project proposal and pricing model at Prestige which improved profitability, and streamlining revenue pipeline reforecast reporting at iHeartMedia which eliminated a day’s work per Sales Manager.
- Other s include receiving Magna Cum Laude and Dean’s List distinction with my Master’s degree. My most valuable skill set includes communication that unites cross - functional teams, eliminates ambiguity and defines technical specifications. Additional relevant experience and s have been highlighted in my resume.
- It would be my pleasure to demonstrate my background and alignment with this role in more detail. I am available immediately and look forward to learning more
Microsoft Excel: Advanced Excel Macros Pivot Tables VLookups Sumifs Some VBA
Advanced Financial Modeling: Nested formulas Arrays NPV IRR ROI Scenario modeling
FP&A: Budgeting Forecasting Variance Analysis Preparing Financial Statements Pro Formas
Data Management: SQL Querying Data Visualization Data Migration Some Python Microsoft Access
Software: SAP Hyperion Essbase Tableau Cognos Google Suite Microsoft Suite Salesforce
Accounting: Financial Statements Accruals PO approvals Reconciliation Monthly close GAAP
Analysis: Profit/Margins analysis KPI analysis Market Research Revenue Labor BU analysis
Reports/Etc: Revenue/OPEX Financial Reporting and Presentations Cross - functional support Ad hoc
- Built new cost models from scratch to be more granular, delivered on ambiguous manager requests
- Forecasted monthly expense updates and uploaded figures into Essbase & Anaplan
- Automated OPEX/COS reports with Hyperion Essbase sheets, used advanced Pivots & Google Sheets Delivered breakthrough for expense reporting to grant key managers transaction level data insights defined SQL join query processes to deliver improved insights while speeding up reporting time
- Pivotal role in Payment product manager led expansions. Vetted payment vendor partnerships ran model to determine financial uplift and helped determine priorities with Product, Treasury, Tax & Legal
- Helped to implement Engineering Dept. Value partnered with engineering groups to calculate and present quantifiable value and results per team duties. Models measured growth, efficiency, & revenue
- Performed monthly processes including surveys, accruals, $ transfers, reclasses, & cc management
- Supported entire business group of 6K engineers to answer expense related inquiries & ad hoc requests
Confidential - Santa Clara, CA
Senior Financial Analyst
- •Partnered with operations management to conduct monthly bottom up P&L forecasting & cost analysis of OPEX, CAPEX, COGS, HC, GM & OM. •Uploaded forecasts into Hyperion Essbase/BPC/COPA
- Prepared executive presentation regarding forecast of market share, consumer demand & hiring requirements needed due to new emerging tech including VR, AR, AI, IoT, solar, Big Data & cloud.
- Implemented Excel model report to organize/automate/track complex HC requisition approval process for alignment during forecasting cycles - improved average monthly-adjusted revenue/HC ratio by 13%.
- Consolidated/joined data sets for 10-year profitability & ASP analysis report - for pricing decisions.
- •Attended weekly booking & revenue meetings with Finance & Sales team for tracking forecasted targets
- •Closely aligned with change leader during transition from Oracle to SAP software & to ASC606.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Technical liaison among VPs during Budgeting approval process, facilitated adjustments & guidance.
- Implemented a monthly reforecasting process that improved average of variances by 36%.
- Prepared monthly reports forecast, variance, KPI/dashboard, headcount & ad hoc.
- Improved master & transactional data management, added new dimensions - using queries & joins.
- Prepared & optimized Tableau KPI dashboards & packets, mined data tables using SQL
- Increased project profitability 18% year over by implementing a contract pricing model & analysis.
- Saved the company 100k in yearly capital interest by designing, building and maintaining a capital proposal analysis model using IRR year over project profitability grew 10%.
- Worked with dept. managers to track and improve cost/revenue analysis, sales performance and operations metrics.
Confidential - Torrance, CA
- Led a revenue recognition and sales pipeline process implementation project improved turnaround by 400% Created weekly revenue pacing reports, for multiple markets using Salesforce, Cognos and Excel.
- Implemented and improved monthly revenue pipeline reforecasting estimates per market, alongside VP of Sales.
- Conducted month - end close, variance analysis, and strategic planning.
- Participated in weekly meetings among executive staff regarding sales forecast, pacing and pipeline estimates.
- Created KPI and P&L Analysis packages created new reports to identify new Sales Management insights Recommended strategies based on Market Analysis insights which were featured on company newsletter.
Confidential - North Hollywood, CA
- Responsible for preparing yearly master budget, served as main contact for departmental budget stakeholders.
- Improved and maintained yearly seasonal forecast and managed forward - looking financial statements.
- Performed forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, P&L analysis, pricing analysis, and driver based KPI reports.
- Instrumental in creating company KPIs linked to goals per manager and overall company goals.
- Collaborated with cross-functional department heads to identify and develop a headcount-forecasting model.
- Prepared and implemented projects including ABC, dashboard, and contract/service pricing analysis.
- Accounting supervision of month-end close, accruals, and budget transfers
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
Finance Operations Associate
- Worked with 14 Operations Managers/GMs to improve financial reporting, FP&A, and identifying KPIs that led to reduced aggregate business unit costs by 16% - average portfolio business unit cost improvements were 5%.
- Prepared yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts of business units to be reviewed by Director of Finance.
- Reports included P&L, Cash Flow, Compensation, A/R, Sales Pipeline, Product P&L, Management & Revenue
- Worked alongside on-site managers to discuss/analyze costs and strategies for improving COGS and profit margins.
- Provided support to create effective cost savings initiatives & allocate resources according to Compass benchmarks.
Jr. Operations Manager / Marketing Associate
- Worked with operations management to manage daily operations & events optimized processes & reduced costs. Assisted GM during P&L budgeting & forecasting periods administered POS, employee & scheduling.
- Reduced required operations labor costs by 2 heads per shift by redefining scope of employee duties.
- Marketing mix strategy development improved customer demographics & average spend per customer by 16%.
- Competitive research & benchmarking initiatives, ROI, marketing KPIs, analytics dashboard contributions.