- 20+ years of I.T. Management Experience:
- Project leader for multiple Oracle ERP implementations and upgrades 11i to R12.2.3
- Oracle Financials Cloud General Ledger Certified: IZ0 - 960 Oracle Financials Cloud General Ledger 2017 Implementation Essential.
- Skilled in GL Chart of Account Design
- Skilled in the recruitment, development and management of high performance I.T. functional/technical teams.
- Experienced in developing Oracle Centers of Excellence that stress best practices and attainment of maximum ROI.
- Led the successful implementation of an offshore India development project with a peak of 35 off-shore developers and 5-10 on-shore support personnel.
- Leader of custom development projects of 2-3 years duration with budgets of 5-20 million USD.
- Led high profile business re-engineering projects involving global operational areas, procurement, HR-Payroll, financials, project accounting and SCM..
- Thorough understanding of Sarbanes Oxley and its impact on I.T. and Business Groups.
- MBA and PMP
- 19 years of Oracle E-Business Suite experience:
- Recently led an Oracle R12.1.3 upgrade for global footprint client with financials, manufacturing, HRMS-Payroll, EAM and Agile.
- Led an Oracle R12.1.3 implementation for Brazilian manufacturing operations of a U.S. based firm.
- Experienced in Peruvian, Brazilian and European localizations including VAT reporting areas.
- Hands-on experience in leading and implementing 12+ Oracle Implementation/Upgrade Projects including extensive foreign operations, multi-org and multi-currency requirements.
- Have done hands-on work with absorbing legacy system into Oracle 11.x and 12.x environments including Receivables, Payables, General Ledger, Inventory, Project and Grants conversions and custom interfaces.
- Skilled in E-Business Tax configuration for U.S. and foreign taxation requirements.
- Skilled in development and delivery using numerous delivery platforms.
- Skilled in technical and functional areas of E-Business Suite financial modules, procurement and inventory, including hands-on configuration.
- Expert knowledge of the E-Business Suite database schema, technology stack, workflow/business events, alert and production management areas.
- Experienced in developing Sarbanes Oxley compliance reporting, controls, control matrices and detailed functional test scripts.
- Strong Business Intelligence experience that includes national s.
- Winner of DM Review Magazine 2007 Innovative Solutions in the Business Intelligence/Analytics category.
- Experienced in business quality improvement sciences including project leadership of business re-engineering teams.
- Skilled in the practical application of quality programs like Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma and other TQM methodologies.
- Key company leader in business process improvement/TQM. Selected to internal business process improvement team at Florida Rock Industries that trained for 1 year in TQM under Dr. Robert Miles formerly head of General Electric’s TQM processes under Jack Welch.
- Past presenter at national OAUG conferences.
- Presenter 2006 OAUG - Use of Dashboards to Leverage Key Corporate Data
- Presenter 2007 OAUG - Streamline Payables Invoice Processing
- 11i to R12.1.3 implementation and upgrades involving both U.S. and 20+ foreign countries.
- Oracle Workflow/Business Events
- Self Service applications
- Management of an ERP Implementation: Lessons learned and recommendations
- Best practice usage of the Noetix reporting platform
- Elimination of custom code and the proper supported methods of customization where unavoidable
- Development and delivery of curriculum using UPK, Tutor and uPerform tools.
- Usage of Oracle Alert for exception reporting
- Oracle E-Business Suite Implementation leadership
- Resolution of E-Business Suite production issues as required
- Use of Configurator to improve manufacturing processes.
- Provide high level recommendations to CIO/Business Owners
Sr. Oracle Lead
- Performed analysis of the existing Chart of Accounts and deficiencies.
- Using ePrentise Software tool for full conversion of 10+ years of Chart of Accounts data.
- Working with financials area for specific process improvements centered around Oracle Financials:
- Developed Supplier Upload ADI template to improve high volume entry of new Suppliers.
- Working with Cash Management area to improve auto-reconciliation percentages.
Sr. Oracle Lead
- Performed analysis of the existing Chart of Accounts and deficiencies.
- Worked with project to recommend and prototype a new Chart of Accounts and new GL processes
- Using ePrentise Software tool for full conversion of 10+ years of Chart of Accounts data
- Used both standard balancing segment to balancing segment and split balancing modules.
- Performed extensive Excel work within ePrentise conversion sheets to meet client needs and enable advanced conversion techniques to meet client requirements.
- Performed custom Payroll costing KFF conversion.
- Based on usage of tool and interaction with ePrentise on this project became formal partner with ePrentise via my S- Corp.
- Worked with functional Grants/Project teams on conversions, interfaces and advanced Auto-Accounting.
- Utilized Oracle WEB ADI extensively to enable mass load or Grants/Project Expenditure data, lookup sets and HR Org update and additions.
- Wrote custom Purchasing conversion, using standard Oracle API’s, to convert existing Project Task distributions to Project, Task, on open PO distributions eliminating need for mass manual reentry of PO’s/
Confidential, San Antonio, TX.
Sr. Oracle Grants and Project Accounting Consultant
- Analyzed current deficiencies in endowment accounting with Grants and Project Accounting
- Analyzed current deficiencies in GL Chart of Account Design
- Performed hands-on reconfiguration of Grants and Project Account to enable full endowment processing within Grants and Projects. Eliminated need for manual GL Journals and resulting error-prone reporting.
- Recommended a COA redesign using ePrentise conversion tool to overcome numerous COA limitations.
Oracle Financials Consultant
- Re-Implementation of Cash Management eliminated customizations.
- Implemented iSupplier with primary emphasis on supplier self-registration and self service capabilities
- Resolution of various functional and technical issues in Receivables including refund processing, receipt reversal issues, lockbox processing and month-end closing.
- Implement Self Assessed (USE Tax) in Payables/E-Tax.
- Resolved issues with Projects to AP interface kick outs involving multiple issues and required patches and data fixes.
- Resolved issues with passing of supplier discounts from Projects to AP.
- Recommended standard solutions involving Business Events and Alerts to eliminate custom triggers and other custom processes in Oracle Projects.
- Resolved inability to reconcile AP, Projects and AR to GL at closing time by implementing usage of Oracle recommended reports and processes.
- Developed and implement standard Oracle recommended closing processes for all financial modules.
- Implemented Cloud using Oracle rapid implementation approach
- Primary emphasis was on receivables and intercompany accounting areas to determine if the client’s significant customizations were solved by new features or could be configured to work at a minimal level without customization.
- Working prototype was acceptable for financials however counterpart configuring Cloud SCM found it to be immature and unacceptable.
- Project was tabled for future consideration as SCM area matured.
- PM for financials, manufacturing and HRMS-Payroll implementation of 3 Operating Unit Brazilian operations.
- Managed implementation of Brazilian Tax Engine, Integrated Receiving, Synchro and Softway (third party import and regulatory reporting solutions) via sub-contracted Brazilian consulting team.
- Managed absorption of Australian, New Zealand and Indonesian operations in 11i.
- Performed hands-on configuration of financials including multiple sets of books for foreign currencies and U.S. Dollar financial reporting.
Confidential, San Diego, CA.
- Delivered ITC curriculum in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, SubLedger Accounting and Fixed Assets.
- Included hands-on exercises and in-depth in setup and daily, monthly and yearly procedures.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA.
- Brought in to help correct severe project slippage and turnover on project that was implementing R12 for 3 legacy mainframe type business operations and one Oracle 11i operation.
- Project had missed 2 go-lives and was over budget
- Hired new Inventory and Configurator leads
- Developed new, accurate detailed project implementation plan
- Led regional inventory teams through “war room” sessions to map legacy items and BOM’s to Oracle R12.
- Worked with overweight PMO organization to trim overhead and barriers to meeting project goals.
- Turned project over to new PM in April after I had completed the project restructuring effort.
- Firm went live in August, 2013 on schedule.
Confidential, Seattle, WA.
- Performed an analysis and made recommendations on long and short term solutions for expanding a limited chart of accounts for global operations.
- Recommended direction for multi-currency maintenance, reporting and global consolidations.
- Recommendations implemented during R12 upgrade
Confidential, San Francisco, CA.
- Led development of functional/technical requirements using Oracle AIM Methodology.
- Managed design and conversion of legacy Payables and Receivables data from multiple systems.
- Managed off-shore team of functional/technical developers.
- Performed hands-on configuration of key components.
- Led Riverbed Accounting, Financials and Procurement end-users in configuring and user acceptance testing.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Project Leader for coordinated business requirement definition and process mapping, testing including heavy customization of order process flow and intercompany processes.
- Led the company to an optimized multi-org, multi-currency implementation of Oracle Financials
- Successfully configured and led go-live on Jan. 1, 2010 for Oracle 188.8.131.52 General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Assets and Cash Management.
- Added foreign entities operations listed above to existing U.S. Oracle Financials Operations.
- Utilized the Oracle Global Consolidation System for corporate consolidated GL Reporting of EUR, JPY, GBP, AUD, CAD and USD currencies.
- Developed consolidated FSG General Ledger Reporting.
- Leading effort to apply foreign tax localizations in 2010.
- Performed all hands-on configurations.
- Assisted users with development and execution of test scripts.
- Led technical team for customer interfaces from in-house Order Entry/Billing System to Oracle Receivables.
- Led overall project team composed of finance, accounting and I.T.
- Responsible for development of Business Intelligence System for Corporate Reporting with Business Objects and customer Oracle to Excel technologies.
Manager - Application Development
- Key Oracle Implementation Project Leader in conversion of legacy GEAC and in-house order entry/billing systems to Oracle applications release 11.03 and Command Alkon Aggregates and Concrete industry specific order entry/billing solutions.
- Developed, staffed and maintained an Oracle Center of Excellence which concentrated on attaining both business process improvement thru highly skilled and trained profession and most effective deployment and usage of technological solutions.
- Managed a team of 35 technical developers in converting GL, Assets, Receivables, Purchasing, Payables and HR/Payroll from mainframe legacy systems to Oracle ERP.
- Developed 50+ interfaces for Receivables lockboxes, EDI, HR-Payroll, Command Alkon Order Entry/Billing and external benefits providers, risk management and governmental reporting agencies.
- Developed several business solutions via our TQM processes to significantly enhance Oracle ERP in the Receivables, Payables and enterprise wide areas resulting in documented savings to Florida Rock of over 10 million per year.
- Project leader for functional and technical team of 50+ users, developers and dba’s/technicians in converting our Oracle ERP from release 11.03 to release 11i. Developed and administered complete conversion, and implementation plans. Project completed on schedule.
- Active leadership role in all functional areas working with key users to continually improve our internal business processes involving Oracle E-Business Suite using TQM processes.
- Implement iProcurement for Florida Rocks’ large suppliers
- Developed Florida Rock’s initial Oracle department.
- Hired manager
- Actively participated in development of standard curriculum initially using internal tools and Oracle Tutor.
- Migrated all to UPK upon release of that product.
- Assisted with scheduling and delivery of to East Coast based Oracle user base.
- Active in local and National Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG)
- Led project team to implement and integrate into our business a data warehouse/data modeling system that utilizes Excel based modeling via Pivot tables as well as internal and external Dashboards of key metrics. Highly successful project that allowed key business personnel to easily analyze profitability to the customer/product level, review market penetration, sales trends and other key industry data to allow us to maintain a highly profitable product mix.
- Managed the integration of DataStream Equipment Maintenance System into Oracle E-Business Suite for work orders, requisitions, purchase orders and inventory.
- Managed offshore Oracle development team leading to significant development cost reduction and throughput.
- Worked with external accounting firms to lead development of SOX narratives and control matrices for software development, I. T. security, system testing, software promotion and audit standards.