- To acquire a Business Systems Analyst position that will leverage my analytical, technical and management skills.
- Solid facilitation and presentation skills to lead design sessions with business and technical audiences to define and create IT solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem - solving and analytical skills, assertiveness, stress tolerance, patience and empathy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Profound experience at gathering business requirements and translating them into report specifications, gathering requirements for business intelligence report design and prototyping.
- Work very well in groups or independently, excellent leadership skills, and easy learner who is able and willing to learn new techniques and skills concurrently.
- High aptitude for trouble shooting; strong test project management skills with a demonstrated ability to drive tasks through various deployment environments with appropriate level of escalation.
- Strong and exceptional knowledge of QA testing principals, software development process, agile methodologies, and software development tools, including Jira, Confluence, Test Manager, etc.
- Proficient experience in SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence, SSRS, SSIS, PowerPivot, HTML, SQL Server Relational Database.
- OLAP Cube
- Microsoft TFS
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Cognos Report Studio
- Cognos Query Studio
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- BusinessObjects Universe Designer
- Azure DevOps/VSTS
- SQL Server Relational database
- HP/Exstream Dialogue
- Remote Desktop
- WTA Import
- XML Notepad
- Quest Software (Toad)
- Terminal Server Client
- MS SourceSafe
- MS Project
- Microsoft Access
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Sr Systems Business Analyst
- Create and maintain project plans, develop and communicate status reports, manage issues and risks, and control project scope
- Develop and communicate project plan, dependencies, and status updates highlighting any potential issues, including schedule, resource, cost, and risks; manage to project plan effectively
- Monitor, track, and adjust project plans based on critical milestones. Execute change approval process and implementation of approved changes
- Identify, define, and take action to mitigate project risks in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to write T-SQL scripts to manipulate for data validation; document and evaluate data and information
- Collaborate with other IT verticals and Business partners and/or project stakeholders through JPP sessions to meet and develop detailed plan
- Proficient at developing SSRS reports using Visual Studio development tool
- Experience at developing Business Objects reporting solution using Web Intelligence (Webi)
- Proficient at providing technical support for SQL data issues or inquiries related to developed reports.
- Serve as facilitator in JAD sessions in presenting what the business needs, the objectives and requirements
- Troubleshoot applications in the Cloud by way of ensuring system reliability and high availability
- Participate and lead Agile/Scrum team review sessions (e.g., Iteration Kickoff/Retrospectives, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Release Readiness, etc.)
- Great at gathering requirements for SQL Reporting service reports, PowerBI, OLAP projects. Troubleshoot data integrity issues from OLAP data cubes down through the source systems
- Familiar with and be able to create User Stories utilizing Team Foundation Server (TFS), conditions of acceptance, and other documentation in support of design, development, testing, and implementation of systems
- Proficient at HTML to administer SharePoint Reporting site, web parts, custom List, document libraries using SharePoint Object Model
- Server as SSRS Report SharePoint site admin to update content, create new pages, publish alert, etc.
- Advance excel skill; can create formulas, Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Power Pivot, etc.
- Utilize TFS, develop BI User Acceptance Testing (UAT) strategy and matrix across different analytic groups (developers, functional analysts) to address testing in analytic data sets, reports, dashboards and metrics
- Proficient at writing and executing test cases, mapping test cases to requirements, conducting peer review of test suite, documentation and tracking defects and issues, closing testing activities for complex application and system implementation projects using a formal project management methodology
- Serve as QA to create test cases using TFS Test manager. Be able to write test steps
- Create testing scenarios as needed such as Test Plan/ Test Strategy on how to setup manual or automated test cases. Conduct numerous levels of testing including functional, regression, user acceptance, integration and performance to verify the client’s needs are met
- Solid project management skills to create project plan, identify tasks, resource allocation and maintain project plan throughout the project life cycle
- Serve as scrum master to facilitate meetings (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective)
- Manage the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology
- Serve as BI project manager to plan, manage and keep control over key project milestones, metrics and success factors
- Record, track, communicate, and document resolutions of client issues by means of a defect reporting database software
- Collaborate with BI developers to help in analyzing and providing solutions resulting from OLAP data discrepancies
- As lead tester, I ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Analyze and ensure test results and changes/defect are reflected in the test case and test cases are updated appropriately based on resolution
- Work closely with IT and Project Manager for QA testing strategy at the initial stage of any new projects. Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develop business specifications to support these modifications
Confidential - Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Create new SSRS reports based on business requirements and specifications as well as maintaining the existing SSRS reports
- Continue developing report in Cognos 8 Business Intelligence suite and providing support for existing reports
- Develop XLCubed reports by utilizing SSAS Cube functionalities
- Design, develop and deploy SSIS packages, import/export packages, modify the service configuration file to connect to a named instance of SQL Server
- Develop Excel Services and PowerPivot business intelligence solutions
- Gather, analyze and document business requirements to support the design and development of business intelligence solutions based on Excel Services and PowerPivot functionality and deploy to SharePoint/Pivotstream
- Design and implement requirements, create test plans, test cases and matrices to ensure comprehensive coverage
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Business Intelligence (BI) Consultant
- Responsible for leading, developing and optimizing reporting solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Business Objects WEBi to author, manage, and deliver dynamic, interactive, drill-down web-based reports
- Gather business requirements for implementation of SSRS for creating reports to capture and present relevant information in a much timely and effective manner
- Develop, refine and maintain static, dynamic, and ad-hoc WEBi reports. Write SQL queries and utilize other SQL artifacts
- Extract and analyze data, provide queries, data files and reports to satisfy business requests for information. Automate report generation, delivery, scheduling and ad-hoc analysis
- Create conceptual modeling and design of new reporting functionality including architectural assessment, data model and mockups
- Implement the design into functioning reports, validate the successful implementation through end-to-end testing and deployment into the production environment
- Design, create and runs reports using report writing tools, required SQL and Business Objects, along with MS-Access and/or Microsoft Excel using Vlookups, Pivot tables, etc.
- Develop and maintain business applications for various clients including the DOD Army Reserve AMEDD Professional Management Command, the Atlanta CDC, etc., using Microsoft .NET and Business Objects technology
Confidential - Norcross, GA
Software Application Specialist
- Create new and enhance existing code to meet new business requirements. Manipulate business rules and set up output queues for viewing in PDF, AFP and WEB
- Assess Dialogue Application user readiness to implement requirements necessary to support implementation activities
- Research and troubleshot design issues, provide support and address any issues during and after the project has gone live