- 8+ years of experience in IT working on roles as a Business Analyst and QA Analyst in Insurance, Banking, CRM domain
- Extensive working experience in Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Communicating with stakeholders to elicit requirements and help them formulate the Epics and User Stories and determine the Acceptance Criteria.
- Experience in Client/Server and Web - Based Applications, E-commerce websites.
- Proficient in preparing BRD (Business Requirements Document) and Functional System Design (FSD/FRD) using Use Cases, DFDs, Flow Charts, and capturing necessary screen shots.
- Design the process flow with MS-Visio for the developers and testers.
- Experience in E-R diagrams, Object Relationships, and Class Diagrams.
- Experience in conducting Gap Analysis by checking and validating requirements in coincidence with the stakeholders needs. Tracing and aligning the requirements throughout the development process.
- Validating and establishing a mapping between User Stories with their Acceptance Criteria, Development Tasks, Test Cases and Defects with JIRA.
- Experience in end to end testing with emphasis on Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Database Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Black box testing, Grey and White Box testing and Smoke testing.
- Experience in providing Test Estimates, writing Test Plans, developing Test Scenarios and corresponding Test Cases; documenting Testing Procedure with to Business Case.
- Experience in executing queries in SQL Server and Oracle database.
- Experience in working on complex engagements and working on Offshore-Onsite model, leading teams to successful implementation.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, with continuous delivery/deployment.
- Attention to detail; Good analytical and problem solving skills; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Good Team player.
- Experience in simultaneously working on multiple projects in a time driven environment. Excellent time management skills.
- Expertise in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, PowerPoint and Sharepoint to manage documents.
- Knowledge of BDD method.
ERP: SAP R/3 - HR, ABAP, SCM, eCATT, LSMW, Solution Manager
Operating Systems: Windows and Red Hat Linux
Database: Oracle 8i, Oracle 11i, Oracle 11g, MS-SQL 8.0 and MS-Access
Applications: Mapforce, MS-Project, Intalio, Signavio, Selenium, QC, Test Director, Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft Test Manager, Workfront, Service Now, Sharepoint, Atlassian Confluence, MS-TFS.
Domain: Insurance, ERP, CRM, HR, Banking
Networking: FTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP
Architecture: SOA, MVC, Client-Server
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Co-coordinating and managing vendor/distributor requirements at Confidential.
- Responsible for writing Confidential for Annuity products (Fixed, Indexed, Fixed Deferred and SPIAs) changes, periodic CRM enhancements and vendor requests.
- Working closely with the Business Stakeholders to gather information about the requirement for the NYL Annuity products sold.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, surveys, existing document analysis, existing system analysis to write business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, task and workflow analysis.
- Responsible for end-to-end process: gathering requirements, writing business requirement document, coordinating with the development and QA teams for completion and production release of requirement.
- Analysis of the “As-Is” process and propose the “To-Be” process via Gap Analysis.
- Working with the Business Stakeholders to prioritize business requests and carry out necessary communication where required
- Involved in estimating Work requests and updating Sharepoint.
- Working experience with CRMs like Affirm, Firelight and AN4
- Co-ordinaing with the development and the QA teams to ensure the work completion aligns with the requirement. Communicating with the distributors when the requirement is live for use on the CRM platforms.
- Knowledge of Acord XML
- Knowledge of the DTCC process, COM, POV and FAR files.
- Responsible for Functional Testing when required.
Business System Analyst
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Liaise with the Subject matter experts to understand the Life (Term Life, Variable Universal Life, Individual Life) and Annuity (Fixed, Variable, Immediate, Fixed Indexed, SPIA) products sold at Protective.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, existing document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, task and workflow analysis.
- Working closely with the SMEs from different divisions to gather data about the different Life and Annuity products sold by Protective Life.
- Determining the Claim Calculation services that are initiated during a claim quote/disbursement /payout.
- Working closely with the SMEs to determine the Post Mortem Interest, Federal Withholding, State Withholding, Back-up Withholding and Foreign Withholding for the Claims Calculation Engine.
- Wrote the BRD and FRD with to the claim process which involves creating a claim quote, determining the beneficiary share interms of percentages or dollar amount, determining the deductions and the net claim amount to be paid.
- Analyzed the different systems and the service calls (Webservices, APIs, ESB) that are required to carry input and output data across the MS Dynamics - quote screen, claims calculation engine, and the different source systems in order to have the right claim amount displayed.
- Responsible for creating documents to determine the process flow diagrams to depict the specifications for the claim processing from the different systems based on the product specifications ( for each Life and Annuity products) held in the various Admin/Source systems at Protective Life.
- Determine the flow of data from different applications (source systems) to be consolidated in the Claims Calculation Engine. Analyzing the creation of a claim quote in the MS-Dynamics CRM application and Online Death Claim Portal and process flow through the different services to CCE. Validating the calculated net claim amount to be paid out to be displayed in MS Dynamics.
- Worked closely with the SME and System Analyst to understand the existing Death Claims system and determine the future Claims System to be built by carrying out Gap Analysis.
- Analyzed the AS-IS systems and made suggestions for the TO-BE system.
- Writing Technical Requirements specifications for the Development team.
- Execution of testing within the 2 week Sprint cycles. Involved in Sprint Grooming sessions, defining Spring Backlogs, defining Acceptance Criteria, part of the X-Amigos discussions.
- Responsible for writing test cases and having it reviewed by the SME and Project manager
- Responsible for contributing to the Test Strategy and Test Plan formulated for the end-to-end testing
- Performing functional and system testing ( experience with Swagger - API)
- Writing test cases for UAT.
- Writing SQL query to extract the data from the database to check the correctness of the data.
Business Analys t
- Liased with the Business Stakeholders to elicited requirements using interviews, existing document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, task and workflow analysis.
- Improved business processes by defining the existing ‘As-Is’ process and the new ‘To-Be’ process using agile and identifying key steps to close the gap for the Retention function in determining the discounts (Reinstating/ Reinsurance policies) to be offered for customers, determining the collections of premiums by splitting the collections and to reduce the dishonor case count.
- Proactively worked with the Business stakeholders and project managers to determine median, upper and lower value of insurance cover that can be offered for customers for a particular, age, gender and smoking status on the Intelligent Quote Assist project
- Collaborated with the team at Confidential Bank on Automation Banking and Credit Card recollection process projects. Involved in gathering requirements, determining and studying their environment and working closely with the team at Confidential to set up a simulation environment for testing.
- Adhered to scripting the requirements atConfidential based on the Bank File format proposed by Confidential and submission for the daily transactions for collection as per the Bank norms and government regulations.
- Worked on the Claims process (register, maintain, payout or decline a claim) where Claims on the main Benefit and Endorsements were analyzed and premiums were adjusted and exclusions if any were made. Integration with the claims application called PINK for generating claim letters to client who have made claims on their policies.
- Defined and enhanced the Business Process in the Sales (Quoting - Sale of policy), Retention, Service (Policy Administration), Claims and Banking division (space) within the Business.
- Worked on multiple Insurance Products like: Life, Income Protection, Pet, Funeral, and Auto Insurance. Knowledge of the underwriting questions.
- Experience in Payments process, Electronic Funds Transfer, Automated bank file transfers (between source and destination using FTP), managing transactions (transactions sent and received from the bank), Payment Gateways and Straight Through Process.
- Participated in Grooming Sessions. Created and assisted the business stakeholders with Epics and User stories and defined Acceptance Criteria.
- Conducted gap analysis between delivered functionality and client requirements and recommend solutions.
- Involved in Sizing of the User Stories and defining Sprint Velocities and making informed decisions about Sprint Backlogs to be included in the start of a new sprint (Sprint Planning)
- Participated and preceded over daily stand up meetings, product show cases, sprint planning and retrospectives and scrum of scrums.
- Participated in Solution Playbacks and Product Showcases.
- Worked closely with the BI and the Business to Gather Requirements, Design and write Technical Specifications for Reports and Dashboards.
- Testing new Reports and any enhancements and updates to existing reports generated with SSRS
- Created and executed the Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Defined Test Strategies carried out risk analysis, defining and organizing test environment and test data and providing test estimates.
- Defect Management: Raised, tracked, reviewed, analyzed, re-tested and resolved all defects raised during testing with JIRA.
- Performed UAT and Deployment Testing for all projects before the start of business for the day.
- Writing SQL query (Joints, View, GroupBy, read and interpret Stored Procedures and triggers) to extract the data from the database and scripts for testing the sales captured, correct premiums displayed and collection transactions to be sent to the bank.
- Received inputs from the Service and Retention stakeholders to design letters sent to customers created using MS - Access. Validating the content of the letters and ensuring the correct letters are sent of the different scenarios ( sales, dishonors, lapse and cancelling)
- Running scheduled jobs and newly created jobs on Visual Cron to test and validate the purpose of the job and flow of data.
- Security testing: testing hash files that were generated to secure transactions sent to the bank
- Created release documents and end user documents when required. Participated in Project Meetings and conducting Brown Bag (knowledge sharing) Sessions.
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence for documentation, creating informative pages and communication.
- Gathered requiements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts and asked detailed questions and carefully recorded the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Conducted GAP analysis by identifying AS-IS and TO-BE process models and process flows.
- Worked with GUI development, requirements creation/design to create the initial UI wireframes, and mockups.
- Developed Mockup screens and prototypes for the online banking home page and login page requirements document.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Worked closely in sticky teams (BA, Scrum Master/Iteration Manager, Developers) to deliver implementations in cycles of 3 to 4 week Sprints with Agile, Scrum methodology.
- Assisted QA team to devise the test plan for the application by explaining the business use cases.
- Wrote SQL queries to check the validity and consistency of data at the backend.
- Developed test plans and strategies and conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of systems.
- Liaise with the onsite clients and offshore teams throughout the project life cycle.
- Preceded over defect meeting held every day to bring resolution of existing defects by prioritizing bugs to be fixed and resolution to impediments.
- Managed test cases and defects with the help of QC.
Senior Software Tester
- Involved in creating Test Cases and Test Scenarios.
- Involved in writing test cases of change requests that were initiated.
- Experience in using QC for mapping the Test cases with the Requirements and bugs.
- Involved in testing different functions like issuing new cards for customers, editing existing client records, initiate cancellation of cards, track benefits that have to be paid on the due date, monitor all existing transactions, and check for erroneous transactions.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for testing the retrieval of the data and tested the Procedures and Functions.
- Experience in working and collaborating with cross functional teams based in different locations
- Managed a team of 2-3 junior testers, by guiding and mentoring them throughout the testing process.
- Devised a testing procedure for the junior testers
- Involved in System, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Analyzed the business requirements as per the document from the client.
- Defined a test approach from the BRD and created a test plan.
- Generated Test Scenarios and Scripts from Use cases & Functional docs
- Actively participated in daily bug triage meetings
- Responsible for also carrying out Smoke testing, regression testing, and user acceptance testing
- Created managed and tracked defects using Test Director
- Confirmed the customers due for rebate displayed matched the data in the backend
- Coordinated with Developers and Business /stakeholders for product release
- Involved in reviewing business and functional requirements.
- Responsible for signing of testing in different environments.
- Experience in testing web based applications and e-commerce website.
- Involved in complete testing lifecycle.
- Worked closely with the test manager to prepare a test strategy.
- Worked closely with the testing team to ensure the testing processes and policies are adhered to.
- Experience in writing test cases in-line with the Software Requirement Specification.
- Experienced in Functionality testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, System testing and Regression testing
- Logging defects and tracking them to closure using Test Director.
- Testing the enhancements and modifications added to the existing application
- Retesting of defects.