- Around 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst specializing in Retail, E - Commerce with a focus on designing, development implementation of the business processes.
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and the iterative Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Specialization in executing IT and business strategies for Demand Forecasting and supply chain optimization processes like vendor analysis, warehousing, inventory management, order management and Customer Relationship Management.
- Consulting in the areas of E-commerce, Order Management System, Point of Sale (POS), Kiosks, Retail Stores, Digital Platforms, websites, mobile apps and Supply Chain. Experience in various fields of IT, finance, Banking, Credit Cards, Operations Management, Process Management, Client Relationship Management, Team Management, Helpdesk, Application Support and Process improvement.
- Good knowledge and experience working on Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Order Management Systems (OMS) for Omni-Channel Retailers.
- Experience on Supply Chain domain with strong knowledge of standard business processes like E-commerce, Inventory Control, Procurement & Allocation, Merchandise Planning, Pricing & Invoicing, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Returns, Warehouse & transportation management process, Accounting & financials. Good knowledge on POS and Assortment Planning.
- Extensively involved in MDM to help the organization with strategic decision making and process improvements.
- Experience in building MDM practice from scratch (Program Manager, Dev leads, Business Analyst, Solution Architect, Functional Consultant and Tester) offshore/onsite for implementing PIM Solution.
- Working as a liaison between various teams like IIB, T-Log and PIM teams beginning from an item to flow from RMS, making sales in Confidential, AX Back Office & follow up until transcribing it to T-Log as expected.
- Expertise in utilizing e-commerce tools such as ATG to facilitate site improvement recommendation to increase sales and Omni Channel strategies and Price Optimization.
- Organized many Joint Application Developments (JAD) sessions and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthrough, Interviews, Workshops and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions with end-user/clients/stake holders and the IT group.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), including USE Cases, Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Extensive experience in modeling the AS IS and TO BE E-commerce solutions.
- Proficient in creating Risk Analysis documents, Risk Management Plan, User Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Specification and Business Process Flows.
- Proficient in using UML in behavioral, structural, and architectural modeling - in creating Use Case, State, Activity, Class and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Managed wide range of task in projects Coordination/Lead, Functional, Technical and Quality with various Methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative and Agile development model.
- Extensive experience in configuring data mapping between different Databases.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, Promodel, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development.
- Involved in MDM Process including data modeling, ETL process, and prepared data mapping documents based on graph requirements.
- Possessed extensive experience in B2C and B2B ecommerce and broad knowledge of various commerce platforms.
- Widespread knowledge of extraction of data from source systems, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse using tools like Informatica, MuleSoft and gave technical support in the use of Informatica for testing.
- Strong knowledge of Relational databases, writing SQL queries, creating tables and reports.
- Used Erwin to capture data by creating Entity-Relationship and Use Case diagrams.
- Worked with Rational Suite of tools to create requirements documents (Requisite Pro), visual data models (Rose), manage and track defects (Clear Quest).
- Well-versed in project management tool (MS Project) for status reporting, planning and resource allocation.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT). SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Worked on data profiling and analyze data in the database SQL server by running SQL queries. Expertise in running SQL quires on databases, Microsoft server etc.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Root Cause Analysis, consider both the long and short-term impact of proposed solutions and develop effective solutions.
- Assisted the QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black box Testing, Functional Testing, various System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing, Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing in both manual and automation testing environment and creation of Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios for validating it against business requirements document.
Key Skills: Project Management, Scrum, Agile Methodologies, Business Analytics and Reporting, Data Management
Tools: Python, SQL, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint), Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics, Jira, Trello, Microsoft Projects, HTML, CSS
Confidential - Texas
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Analyzed business functions to define specifications/requirements for automating and improving business processes. Performed as an enterprise MDM subject matter expert.
- Involved in implementing Omni channel Point of Commerce (POC) and Point of Sale (POS) upgrading Order Management System (OMS) with third party vendor support. Experience in IT industry with focus on E-commerce, Retail and Supply chain domain.
- Worked with SMEs and business partners to gather business requirements for Retail Pricing Management.
- Worked closely with product owners to introduce new integrations from external systems to Product Information Management (PIM) using Outbound and Inbound integration endpoints.
- Involved in developing several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub reports according to business requirements.
- Worked with Multi-Channel Fulfillment & Inventory Management, Order Management and Omni channel retailing
- Performed GAP analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current business systems and to identify the requirements for the change in the system to analyze the AS-IS and TO-BE to generate the business requirements.
- Reviewed and Analyzed Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and translated them to System Requirement Specification (SRS) and developed requirements that are included in RFP's.
- Worked on creating Use Case diagrams, Use Case Templates and process flow diagrams using MS Visio for both the systems.
- Coordinated testing efforts across multiple supply chain and retail applications including allocations and replenishment.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Extract data from business intelligence system and generate reports for planning/MDM, manufacturing, and other areas of the supply chain.
- Worked with supply chain methodology and wholesale distribution processes.
- Analysis of the workflows and use cases demonstrated by the third-party vendors as part of the vendor selection.
- Involved in creating Mock-up forms in MS Excel for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Worked with product information management (PIM) focused team to facilitate design and development of various data quality initiatives, import mappings and BPMN workflows.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Built custom reports and dashboards in Power BI to provide information on Inventory management for supply chain.
- Participated in the testing of B2B and B2C websites, including creating test plan and test cases, executing test cases (including regression and ad-hoc testing), and defect management.
- Used SQL, Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data. Used Data mapping for collecting the data.
- Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions. Planned and defined system requirements to Wireframe with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Responsible for second level operational support of Oracle SIM end-users stores and Store Operations RMS and Supply Chain end-users located at the central office.
- Documented the processes of Regional Distribution for the B2B and B2C System.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts, and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- Authored progress and completion report which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
- Assisted in the API documentation using Swagger and communicated it with the developers to serve as a POC.
- Assisted creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and updated the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated the testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing with the help of QA.
- Assisted the testing team in UI testing using HP ALM and documented the defects in the Jira.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Tutored more than 150 students throughout four Computer Science courses, focusing on the use and application of Python and Excel.
- Helped students through the computer laboratory portion of the course by correcting coding mistakes and troubleshooting software issues.
- Administered exams by facilitating the sessions and graded them to assess student performance in the course.
- Created cost-benefit analyses and ROI assessments that were used as the basis for decision-making on proposed locations for a new preschool franchise.
- Analyzed qualitative and quantitative data to uncover competition and industry information to drive business revenue.
- Development, maintenance, and administration of Governance license, maintenance & support, asset inventory, crisis management
Business Analyst and Project Manager
- Led a team of twenty-five to conduct a market research survey in four states to help establish an e-commerce company and determine the appropriate target market.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to gather project requirements.
- Composed report about the results of the survey and visualized the data by creating charts in Excel and PowerPoint to present information to senior staff and company owner about the feasibility of the venture.
- Resolved numerous project issues including staffing shortages, tactical matters, scope creep and divergent business and user needs.
- Produced monthly project forecast to ensure defined scope was delivered and managed to timelines and budget; communicated project status to management and project stake holders.