- Proven IT professional with financial, scheduling, metrics, quality assurance, and management background. Excellent communication and negotiation skills, enabling coordination and cooperation between multi - disciplined
- IT professionals and other stakeholders. Manage competing priorities in fast paced environment, multitasking when necessary. Recognized as having a mentoring management style,, and championing employee ideas that would ultimately make us a better team.
Languages: Html, Visual Basic, Vb.net
Platforms: Windows, SharePoint
Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint WorkLenz, Visio, MS Front Page, MS Project, Project Scheduler
Databases: MS Assess, MS Project Server, Deltek, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira, Visual Studio
Other: PWA, Atlassian
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Scrum Master/Project Manager
- Led Implementation Team through over 25 software releases over 4 years, coordinating implementation bridge calls with various IT Teams, producing internal and external applications with progressively improved features.
- Presented over 40 times at Pre-Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings and CCB meetings, responding to technical questions, allowing congressionally mandated applications to go forward in developmental process.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Availed Agile framework to 3 Projects within CBP, converting from Software Development Life Cycle to Waterfall, overcoming lack of tracking tools, later adopting Team Foundation Server.
- Developed Project Managers, Team Leads, Subcontractor Mangers, and staff into a high functioning cohesive team, armed with knowledge of Agile, SDLC, Contract Requirements, Earned Value, Metrics Management, Risk Management, and CMMI to enhance production and profitability of high quality software and documentation products.
- Granted role of site Quality Assurance Manager, achieving distinction of having project for Border Patrol chosen out of 50 projects for Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI-3) assessment, attaining company’s 1st government managed agile software project to achieve high assessment.
- Met every deadline for quarterly review over 4-year time period, performing portfolio management for major branch of OIT, using WorkLenz tool, gaining recognition from Border Enforcement Management Systems (BEMS) and Senior Executive Service (SES) for excellent support.
- Led Enterprise Scheduling, using Microsoft Project Server (MSPS), creating complex or high-focus schedules, serving, on occasion, as subject matter expert at CBP Office of Information Technology (OIT), senior-staff quarterly review.
- Re-planned schedule or focused on critical path tasks, supporting on-time delivery of application software, utilizing earned value management (EVM).
- Earned performance rating of 5 out of 5 by Government SES on contract by calculating financial burn rates, achieving maximum profitability, keeping resources productive, preserving company’s reputation as top IT solutions provider to CBP.
- Negotiated on-site rates and labor rate increases with senior client management, bringing IT professionals back to industry standard, reducing turnover rate.
- Developed labor rate schedule when company changed contract vehicles, leading to greater company profitability.
- Consulted on client senior staff meetings, using portfolio management tool, providing meaningful explanations on how status reports, schedules, or metrics enhance audience comprehension.