- Extensive professional experience in the field of Business Systems, Data Quality and Quality Assurance Analysis. Worked with both technical and business teams to implement business requirements into the software applications in IT/ Banking and Insurance Industries.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, always willing to work in challenging and cross - platform environment. Having Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge in Investment Management, Wealth management, Banking Domain & Insurance domains.
- Experienced in Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which involves Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation.
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC methodologies - waterfall and Agile (Scrum)
- Experience using Jira tools as part of Agile (Scrum) project management and HP ALM and Quality center.
- Extensive experience in conducting GAP analysis, preparing SWOT analysis and JAD Sessions.
- Proven expertise in developing Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use cases, Activity, Class diagram, Data Flow Diagram, E-R diagram, Sequence diagram using MS-Visio.
- Experience in Change Management Process (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Plan, Implement, Review and Close).1
- Excellent skills in Project and Performance Management to support Strategic Planning, Goal Setting, Strengthen Accountability, Enhance Decision Making, and Improve Customer Service.
- Strong working knowledge in Database Programming using RDBMS databases SQL Server, Oracle and Teradata.
- Expertise in writing complex stored procedures, functions, Indexes, Triggers and Joins.
- Experienced in working on ETL/Data warehousing testing activities using SQL server, Oracle, Informatica, DataStage & SQL BI technologies
- Involved in different types of testing like Functional, SIT, Smoke, Regression, Load and UAT testing.
- Strong exposure in QA Life Cycle and involved in all the phases that includes analyzing business specifications, Estimations, Test planning and strategy, Test case Design, Execution, Defect report, tracking and closure.
- Experienced in Application, Mainframe Testing, Database, ETL and data migration testing
- Having experience in preparation of effort/cost estimation, Resource planning and resource management.
- Working knowledge on Custodial Platforms (SEI Wealth Management platform) and Portfolio Management systems ( Confidential Eagle).
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, DB2
Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, JIRA, Tableau, Power BI, SOAP UI, Informatica, IBM Data Stage
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality centre, Test Director.
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, VB, Basic Java, COBOL, JCL.
Models: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, V Model.
Domain: Investment banking, Wealth Management, Banking.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mainframes.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Environment: Oracle 11g Database, Oracle SQL Developer, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, DataStage, Autosys, Jira, HP ALM
- Performed multiple roles in the project as QA Lead and senior business systems analyst.
- Participated in business requirements and functional requirements gathering by reviewing existing systems configurations and operating methodologies, as well as understanding evolving business needs.
- Prepared Technical Requirements Document (TRD) based on the Business Requirements Document and inputs from the business team.
- Participate in PI planning, Backlog story refinement, Sprint planning, Demo and Retrospective meetings.
- Creation of stories, development, grooming and refinement in backlog refinement meetings.
- Define acceptance criteria for the stories and validate them once moved to PO acceptance stage.
- Prepared Source to Target Mapping (STTM) document based on the TRD and development team inputs.
- Worked with Data modeling team to create Physical and Logical data model for new data base objects/tables as per project needs.
- Worked with development team to design and develop the database tables, views, procedures, packages and DataStage ETL components as per the TRD & STTM documents
- Coordinated with SIT, UAT & Business teams for the SIT & UAT testing activities
- Used Jira tool for project tracking activities
- Ensured smoother coordination between business and Information Technology teams to meet the project needs.
- Translated complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions like batch jobs, packages, procedures, programs, parameters and makes efficient design compatible to the resources and presents in the form of user friendly documents and translate them into testable components.
- Maintained detail Project documentation for operational support in team SharePoint location.
- Responsible for researching reported data anomalies, identify root causes, and determine solutions.
- Developed various periodic and ad-hoc reports using SQL queries based on business team’s analysis needs.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality of project deliverables and tracking defects to closure
- Responsible for resource forecasting, tracking project financials and quality of deliverables.
Confidential, Westport, CT
QA Lead, Application SME
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle Database, Oracle SQL Developer, HP ALM.
- Participate in MD's & AD's (Methodological & Acceptable difference) walkthrough meetings with Client & vendor. Provide approval from testing side and the impact of the items.
- Participate in biparty defect review meetings with client & vendor to explain about the impact of defects.
- Participate in Daily meetings with PM's, Biparty meeting with clients & vendor. Weekly meetings with Program Managements.
- Created Automation test suite using SQL stored procs and batch jobs which involves the extraction, load and comparison of around 180 tables which runs every day and produces test results. These were run manually and compared in excel when I joined this project which results in cost savings and more productivity.
- Created Excel macros using VB script to extract the data from sql server and display in Excel spread sheet, Created BDQ dashboard which shows the RAG status of BDQ's based on the table results.
- Support various Business teams (UAT) like Finance, OPs, FO, Client services..etc in their testing by explaining them the MD's and AD's that are causing the differences
- Write the validation strategy for the approved MD’s with the steps to validate so that the test team and business teams will use for validation.
- Created many sql scripts working with the Client SME for validation which includes both the ICC (internal consistency checks) & compare sprocs accommodation validations for MD & AD's
- Execute and validate the table compare results and also validate the differences are due to MD's & AD's.
- Execute and validate BDQ’s (client query tool) and Apps for the correctness of the results when executed against new system.
- As an Test team SME Conduct knowledge sharing on Investment management products about their working, MD's, AD sessions and process flow from Trade processing, inflow, Accounting, performance and reporting.
- Review the test results and send the test report to clients and vendors and participate in calls to explain them.
- Received good appreciation and recognition from clients and vendors on the tasks and deliverables.
Confidential, Scranton, PA
Test Lead / Onsite coordinator
Environment: Mainframes TSO, CICS, DB2, HP Quality center.
- Led the team as a single POC at onsite and coordinated with Business, development and offshore team members
- Reviewed the business and functional requirements with the Business Systems Analyst
- Preparing Estimations, Resource plans, Master test plans, Project Plans for projects and ensured timely delivery of the test artifacts
- Conducted multiple cycles of System, Functional and Regression testing to ensure quality.
- Conducting defect review meetings with PM, Developers to discuss new & existing defects.
- Conducting team meetings internally and within various teams involved in the project for ensuring maximum transparency.
- Communicated daily progress of the ongoing testing to the Project Team, Business and supplier teams with daily status reports and Calls
- Extensively used Quality Center for documenting Test Cases, Test Plan, executing test cases, collecting test results, logging and documenting defects.
- Created Test Closure Report, project metrics like DAR, DRE, schedule, effort variance, productivity before each release in Production.
- Ability to achieve goal within tight deadlines and still maintaining the quality of testing.
- Mentored the new joiners of the project in offshore and was involved in knowledge transition to all the team members of the project.
Environment: Mainframes TSO, CICS, DB2, HP Quality center. IBM Rational ClearQuest, IBM RFT.
- Analyze Requirements received for every release and convert them into testable requirements
- Consolidate the Clarifications on Requirements received and transmit to Dev Team
- Prepare Estimation, Resource Plan and System Test Plan
- Review High-level Test Scenarios/Conditions prepared by Testers
- Review Test Scripts prepared by Test Engineers
- Prepare the Test Management Tool (QC) and confirm Test Preparation activities are complete
- Coordinate the Test Execution with the Team members
- Daily Status Reporting to the Stakeholders
- Clarify Team Members queries and Guide them during Test Preparation as well as Test Execution
- Defect management - Daily meetings with development and business on the progress and effective closure of defects
- Interaction with Onsite Team
- Preparation of Daily status reports
- Coordination with development & other teams.
- Preparation & review of test Conditions, test cases and test execution results
- Test Execution
- Resolving functional and technical queries to team
- Test conditions and scripts review
- Defect management - Daily meetings with development and business on the progress and effective closure of trackers
Environment: Mainframes TSO, CICS, DB2, Test Director, PVCS Tracker
- Test Condition Preparation, Daily Status Report.
- Involved in Test plan, Test Strategy preparation.
- Review of test Conditions, test cases and test execution results.
- Test Execution, Data Mining and Data Setup.
- Logging and tracking of defects.
- Resolving functional and technical queries to team.
- Tracking issues/dependencies till resolution.
- Communication with the onsite team.
- Test execution management - including daily task plans and reports.
- Defect management - Daily meetings with development and business on the progress and effective closure of trackers.