- Over 8+ years of industry experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience in working with SDLC methodology and project life cycle.
- Strong Knowledge of UML, RUP, Rational Suite including Rational Rose, Requisite Pro.
- Strong communicator and creative problem - solver skilled at analyzing business needs and transforming them into technical designs, applying technical skills and business knowledge to achieve sound results.
Real-Time Data Streaming: NIFI, Kinesis, Kafka, Flume.
Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure, MS Office 365, AWS - Amazon Web Services .
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Kanban.
Scheduling: Control-M, Tivoli, Autosys.
ETL: Talend, SSIS, Azure Data Factory, DataStage, Informatica, Ab Initio.
Jira Test Management Plugins: Golive, Zephyr, Xray and TestFLO, QMetry, QAlity.
Business Intelligence: Microsoft Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Teradata.
Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise Suite, Test Director, WinRunner, LoadRunner
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio.
PROFESSIONAL EX PERIENCE
Confidential, Vernon hills IL
- Gathered, captured and documented requirements from business and created use cases, test scenarios, and test scripts from them.
- Conducted interviews and user meetings with key users to collect Business Requirements and business process information.
- Interacted with Interface Design Specialist to get the suggestion/approval for the user interface developed in the application.
- Present and discuss the test results with the Business Users in order to obtain the UAT approvals and QA Sign off.
- Used SQL and Access to data - mine information increasing the software asset management catalog and analyzing and reconcile discrepancies.
- Acted as a liaison between the business and technology teams in the planning phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Prepared activity diagrams and flow charts for repeatable child elements identified in ONIX 2.1 using MS Visio 2010.
- Participated in Waterfall to Agile transition projects including Scrum meetings, RUP development, pair programming, and Interactions development.
- Perform detailed data analysis to propose efficient logic that meets the internal customer's business needs as per data warehouse standards.
- Facilitate the daily operations as they relate to SDLC processes and documentation of multiple large in-house developed applications.
- Provide additional hands-on training in technologies like JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint.
- Performed analysis on Data warehouse, and Metadata for FROI/SROI to identify errors in transactions to state jurisdictions.
- Adopted and used JIRA to administer ticket resolution and project stability.
- Provided ongoing assistance and guidance to SME's and updates to senior stakeholders.
- Participated in the JAD sessions to gather, analyze, and document requirements for the mobile application for the Safety Measurement System.
- Performed UML modeling and created UML specifications such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Assisted informational needs in the mapping of Test Cases and maintaining Test Matrix with the test results obtained.
- Prepared Activity diagrams as part of the requirements gathering process.
- Developed and designed various Mainframe CICS Screens as part of the HIPAA 5010 Enhancement.
- Researched and wrote requirements/design documents.
- Created RACI/Matrix and Project plan for daily EDI processes.
- Automated the test scripts for the GUI, functional, performance, and regression testing using Win Runner on the Windows NT platform.
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to software system requirements and Business Process Requirements using Rational Requisite - pro.
- Experience in designing prototypes for different in-house built modules of applications from scratch for User Interface Framework.
- Assisted Lead QA in preparing a detailed test plan as well as Test scenarios and Test Cases, test execution plan.
- Analyze data in Oracle by using SQL and data in flat files and in other formats for integration purposes.
- Used the waterfall methodology for software development.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams using Visio.
- Participated in key agile ceremonies, worked on a Scrum team delivering working software in a two-week sprint.
- Experienced in data analysis and debugging.
- Participated and facilitated in the sprint sessions to add/modify/change any requirements based on the customer request as per the SDLC process.
- Maintained the protocols of SharePoint architecture, permissions, and hierarchies for each contributor.
- Designed a new augmented data warehouse utilizing the Informatica suite and Oracle database software.
- Used JIRA, an issue/bug/project tracking tool to maintain different system builds.
- Elicit business requirements from subject matter experts (SME) representing different lines of business.
- Conducted JAD and facilitated brainstorming sessions with a diverse global group of SAP Users and Consultants to understand users' requirements.
- Performed Requirement Analysis and developed UML Use Cases, Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to understand the requirements.
- Maintain requirement specifications, test plans, test executions, and test results within the Test Management suite.
- Created Process Workflow, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams.
- Performed gap analysis and developed a spreadsheet identifying the changes
- Created design documents from gathered requirements.
- Analyzed trading partners' specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Performed testing for IT and business process controls in relation to external/internal clients supporting organization objectives to implement an efficient data warehouse.
- Analyzed As - Is system to identify areas of improvement in current trading activities and to determine feasibility to develop the To-Be system.
- Reviewed and collaborated on user requirements, user interface specifications, functional specifications, design documents, and test strategy documentation.
- Design, implement, and assisted in developing automated testing solutions, including the development of test scripts using the Rational Functional Tester tool.
- Added value to the company providing services to both enterprise and government organizations through the utilization of both financial and project management skills.
- Performed data analysis using SQL developer and Hyperion Oracle Studio and reporting on data discrepancies and reported to internal Auditors.
- Gather requirements from business managers and users, translate and document business requirements into technical specifications for the software development team.
- Developed detailed project schedules and milestones based on business objectives and timing requirements utilized the Agile SCRUM process and managed project artifacts.
- Worked closely with SME's, developers, QA team, and principal engineers in establishing accurate requirements for building the product.
- Communicate with business partners internally and externally to resolve client issues and develop service level agreements * Complete Six-Sigma Green Belt certification
- Managed both functional and non-functional Business Requirements as well as new requested requirements using JIRA.
- Performed system enhancement and maintenance project documentation, through the entire SDLC process including testing, use case preparation, and implementation.
- Created UAT scripts for user acceptance and validation testing, data dictionary, and architectural documentation.
- Performed relational database design and modeling and conducted multiple SQL querying.
- Conduct discovery meetings with Marketing and other business teams/subject matter experts across the globe and document business process and functional requirements.
- Developed and implemented customized systems and software solutions leveraging products such as Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft VBA scripting for Office products.
- Managed client contact management including monitoring and recording interactions and communications through CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Developers, SMEs to design, create Work Flow Diagrams using MS VISIO.
- Performed document analysis and conducted Interviews with users from Multiple Business Units to gather requirements, and draft User Requirements Specifications.
- Understand and articulate Business Requirements from SME interviews and workshops and translate requirements into Business Requirement Specifications (BRS).
- Conduct gap analysis for data elements not present in Enterprise data warehouse and accomplish source system analysis and data integration design.
- Developed technical specifications documents and documented business test case scenarios for QA testing strategy for the Reinsurance Claim Transaction ETL Process.
- Participated with various business groups in JAD sessions and created business requirements in an Agile Waterfall environment according to business priorities.
- Assisted the marketing department in implementing a user profile and subscription management system that ensured the company adheres to the Consumer Privacy regulations.
- Championed systems (ERP) for assessing the effectiveness of Temporary Labor Certification programs production units and management processes.
- Facilitated executive presentations to determine potential work and issues or risks inherited in the 'as-is' process for review by senior management.
- Facilitated numerous Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions utilized for the creation of design documents and system specifications for applications.
- Gathered requirements during the inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design using UML.
- Created Use-Cases, Sequence, and Activity Diagrams to demonstrate software architecture and interaction of system components before prototyping.
- Enhanced or developed new documentation of current business process flow and definition of future EDI business information flow.
- Prepare extremely detailed ETL design documents and target-source mapping templates based on requirements gathered.
- Developed Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications, and Design Specification Documents including use cases and data flow diagrams.
- Conduct user interviews and facilitate workshops to capture functional and non-functional requirements and document, define and share detailed business requirements.
- Developed and executed database scripts using Toad for generating intended reports to verify key Business and functional requirements.
- Documented user requirement specifications in Rational RequisitePro.