Detailed oriented and resourceful minded Analyst with experience in supporting financial back office operations, finance, and trade support. In-depth knowledge of financial and operational processes and procedures. Ability to troubleshoot and correct data discrepancies. Highly skilled in major operating systems like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education MBA, anticipated BS in Public Accounting, BS in Economics, Minor in Finance,
Applications Microsoft Excel i.e. Macros, Pivot Tables, Quantitative Analysis; Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook,
Confidential, Senior Associate, Westlake, TX Confidential, Sept. 2011 - Present
- Calculate cost basis inquiries, gain & loss, and wash sales
- Process & update cost basis on incoming transfers covered and uncovered securities
- Gather and track information, analyze trends and relationships to create improvement ideas and gauge service levels
Confidential, Intermediate Associate, Jersey City, NJ Confidential, July 2010 - Sept. 2011 & June 2008 - Nov. 2008
- Accurately performed Profit & Loss analysis.
- Adjusted routinely trade cancellations, capital gain corrections, and rebooking trades due to pricing errors.
Confidential, Associate, Jersey City, NJ Confidential, Nov. 2008 - July 2010
- Implemented process enhancements for asset servicing training and development purposes within the company to reduce cycle time for account transfers.
- Processed transfers in adherence with internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Confidential, Consultant, Weehawken, NJ Confidential, Mar. 2008 - June 2008
- Managed and reduced risk associated with fixed income and equity securities.
- Troubleshooted failing trades by liasing with contra firms to settle trades.
Confidential, Consultant, New York, NY Confidential, Oct. 2007 - Mar. 2008
- Reconciled daily security positions in client and corporate suspense accounts.
- Identified and trouble failed COD trades in DVP/RVP accounts.
Confidential, Consultant, New York, NY Confidential, Aug. 2007 - Oct. 2007
- Prepared, verified, and processed invoices and coded payment documents.
- Reconciled all cash receipts i.e. checks and fed wires for month ending reporting.
Confidential, Customer Service Rep., Staten Island, NY Confidential, May 2007 - Aug. 2007
- Recorded the distribution and receipt of cash transactions for customers.
- Complied and adhered to banking regulations.
National Association of Black Accountants American Institute of Certified Public Accountants