- 13 years Business Analyst Process Improvement Modeler - detail focused with strong analytical and problem solving skills to propose new solutions improving overall efficiency in complex environments and documenting to a high standard.
- 8 years Insurance / Reinsurance experience with detailed understanding of policy claims business processes across global markets US and Lloyds of London and achieved industry qualifications.
- Lead BA for large and complex global projects including:
- Extensive system lifecycle experience from management approval/initiation, delivery and acceptance.
- Analytical - Strong requirement analysis skills with detailed experience in building user scenarios, use cases, process flow diagrams, requirements documents traceability, and test scripts.
- Quick Learner swift comprehension of complex business issues, challenges and strategies to build and deliver solutions.
- Communicator excellent facilitator and communicator frequently balancing skills to work across multiple departments, senior management, whilst also articulating very detailed requirements to the development and architect teams.
- Practiced workshop facilitator to invoke, stimulate and encourage participation.
- Results focused, thriving on challenges and having a flexible yet methodical, analytical and logical approach for business critical solutions in complex environments.
- Work to deadlines and targets in a dynamic environment with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Project Management - successfully managed agile and waterfall projects on time and within budget.
- Leadership and diplomacy skills - manage teams, dedicated team member, or independently.
IT Relationship Manager
Lead contact between Underwriting Claims and IT. Responsible for project and system solutions from initiation and management approvals, requirement management, solution design, development to implementation.Analyze business processes to develop solutions and business cases to reduce operational costs and improve performance. Established excellent working partnerships across all departments by delivering workable solutions aligned with business strategies and new initiatives. Role requires quick understanding of issue/requirement and ability to facilitate and articulate needs across the IT team for rapid and accurate delivery.Provide ongoing system support, regularly working closely with the business to determine root cause analysis, recovery actions, and recommendations to the business. Represent IT at senior management meetings presenting project and budget statuses, future projects, production issues, and resourcing needs.
- Promoted to lead employees and facilitate contact between business and IT managing strategic Claims Guidewire ClaimCenter , Underwriting Accenture Duck Creek , and integrated systems inc. EMC Documentum and Mgt. Information platforms.
- Lead consultant to thoroughly understand business strategic vision to provide recommended system solutions or business process improvements.
- Successfully managed and delivered business process improvement and business change for Claims leading to reduced claim set up time by 35 , and improved claim inefficiencies by 30 .
- Led requirement workshops and process improvement sessions with Operations, Underwriting, Claims and Finance to develop new lines of business whilst minimizing business and system impact.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships with Guidewire Accenture Medicare, whilst building internal skillset to reduce dependencies.
- Managed 8 major system releases by aligning business needs with resource capacity - from conception to delivering new automated integrations with Medicare, ISO Reporting, new policy administration systems, downstream financial, ReInsurance interfaces, DMS systems, and a new submission and triage workflow.
- Improved Management Information Reporting to support regulatory and business strategic decision making by delivering a new MI platform included KPI reports and a self-service portal.
Lead Business Analyst
- Transfer from UK to implement tactical and strategic IT solutions to support new business initiatives.
- Role required immediate, detailed and thorough understanding and ability to work across the organization Operations, Finance, Claims, Underwriting and Compliance, to analyze and re design processes to improve overall efficiency and communicate business change.
- Skillful time management, diplomacy, excellent communication skills were essential in this role to liaise and articulate across multiple departments and stakeholders whilst managing multiple complex projects.
- Major accomplishments:
- Lead BA Scrum Master Guidewire ClaimCenter
- Led scope meetings, workshops, prioritization and business agreement meetings, requirement documentation, test strategy, project meetings throughout platform life cycle.
- Developed business cases to implement process changes, regularly engaging with senior management to improve efficiencies. Assessed impacts to other systems and process.
- Rapid deployment required high attention to detail, thinking on feet and quick understanding to create, implement and integrate ClaimCenter across new environments interfacing with policy admin systems, and downstream financial warehouse simultaneously.
- Established automated audit and compliance controls reducing manual intervention and rekeying.
- Created business and technical process diagrams to a high level of accuracy and detail, working alongside enterprise architects to propose solutions.
- Generate user testing, system testing, roll out plans and creating of user guides.
- Established best practices for business documenting, screen design and rules cataloguing.
- Performed technical analysis, data mining, data validation, technical mapping to integrate with Policy DuckCreek, Finance CODA GL, ProCede Re Insurance, and EMC Documentum, MS Exchange, ODEN, TPA's and ISO.
- Created and implemented production support model across global service desk.
- Lead BA EMC Documentum
- Led local and remote requirement workshops from 100 users across global departmental locations to deliver a new global enterprise DMS, migrating and replacing 4 legacy systems. Resolved differing priorities and managed expectations across senior management. Standardized business processes, managed business change across multiple global locations, coordinated testing, training and implementation.
- Project Manager BA Implemented new data transfer protocols to receive data from external clients. Analyzed data of varying quality and consistency to a high level of detail, implemented processes leading to increased efficiencies, resolved system challenges and integrated data into our core applications for successful processing. Established business rules for mapping discrepancies and displacement tolerances.
- Project Manager - successfully project managed multiple projects within time and budget engaging with suppliers and senior project sponsors.
- Detailed and thorough understanding across the organization where processes and projects overlap frequently working across teams to improve overall efficiency and optimize processes. Inc. underwriting, claims, operations, finance, legal, compliance, risk, HR establishing excellent working relationships.
- Skillful time management and resource scheduling skills are essential in this role to frequently liaise.
- Lead BA to create a new internal workflow system where I led requirement workshops to produce workflow diagrams, use cases, user stories, and wire frames and I managed an external vendor for successful completion. Business and screen process designing, data mapping, and integration analysis.
- Resolved business inefficiencies whilst improving processes across Claims and Underwriting in the UK and US. Supported post deployment.
- Business Partner for the Underwriting, Claims UK, and HR where I worked closely to address and resolve issues gained solid understanding of their processes to recommend and assist new system role outs.
- Actively worked closely with Underwriting and Claim teams to identify improved methods, increasing efficiency and data quality in our core Policy and Claim application.
- Confidently collaborated with users across the organization by assessing and documenting recommendations, opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors for potential business solutions.
- Adopted ownership of each requirement captured and closely managed scope throughout project SDLC.
- Worked closely with architects on the definition, implementation and support for custom application development and outsourced projects.
Business Analyst Project Manager
- Worked with Fortune 100 clients as sales and business liaison to manage pricing and deliver system integrations with our web portal. Built strong and relationships with global health plans inc. Magellan,
- Managed world-wide implementation projects from inception to delivery to tight budgets and timescales.
- Analyzed business processes to develop customized solutions, improve performance within budget.
- Document requirements, write functional specifications, create process modeling, user acceptance and test plans. Generate flow charts, business models and user process maps.
- Liaise with Sales Directors and other departments to propose cost-effective solutions, adhere to policies and standards, project manage integration, apply test plan and manage changes.
- Actively involved in management plans, presenting recommendations and implementation plans.
- Negotiate contracts, agreements and manage requirements with external outsourcing suppliers.
- Developed Agile Scrum methodology within the development team enabling us to deliver projects quicker and provide early visibility of the deliverables to the business and our clients.
- Manage and maintain close working relationship with client's world-wide facilitating voice, video, Webex conferences.
Business Analyst Project Manager
- Analyzed requirements and managed projects from initiation, development to implementation.
- Estimated project time scales, resource requirements, budgets, project plans and tracked progress.
- Developed ASP/ASP.NET, SQL Server bespoke web applications, including interfaces with mgt. reports.
- Projects include: Document and Web Content Management, Sales Billing and Intranet.
- Devised technical strategies including security, backup, user policies, and training manuals.
- Project managed and implemented internal network, NT, IIS, SQL, Exchange, and security.
- travelled around the world for 7 months. Returned from this adventure working part-time until March.
Consultant Business Analyst
- Direct selling and client liaison from initial sale, contract negotiations to charging for enhancements.
- Project managed a variety of Intranet and Web Portal projects with large clients including the RAF and West Sussex County Council delivering CRM systems, extranets and a variety of other database-driven websites.
- Evaluated business processes generating cost-benefit reports and provided client recommendations to improve sales and efficiencies.
- On my recommendation moved to Agile Change Control methodologies leading to faster development, earlier visibility, less defects and increase client retention.
- Devised and completed test plans, testing including black box, white box and error reporting.
Web Developer Project Manager
- Single handedly project managed and developed a job-posting website using ASP ASP.NET, SQL, HTML.
- Directly interacted with the management team to drive future requirements and new features.
- Responsible for Webserver, website code, database integrity, and confidentiality compliance.
Web Developer Network Administrator
- College internship where I co-wrote an Intranet allowing internal staff to administer the system.
- Systematically migrated the website from CGI-Perl to ASP/.NET whilst increasing core functionality.
- Developed new features including: automatic filtering of jobs sent by email and advanced searching.
- Redeveloped existing features including the 'Jobs By Email' to be more CPU, database and disk efficient.
- Responsible for File, Web and Database Servers patch and operational efficiency.
- Actively involved in weekly development meetings to discuss new features and improvements.
- Received positive recognition for exceeding expectations leading to continued employment during degree.
- Created and managed a small company providing local businesses hardware and software installations, planning and installing networks, remote technical support, and website design. Managed accounts budgets.