Business Analyst Resume
- 6+ Years of Business Intelligence /SQL Developer and Business Data Analyst with Master of Science in Business Analytics. Extensive T - SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI and Tableau with HEDIS experience and initiatives that utilizes software and hardware components within a creative and technology-driven organization.
- Strong technical knowledge inMS SQL Server development including DTS, Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using Multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services). and calculate the metrics that were revealed in the functional analysis.
- Expert in generating on - demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using Tableau and POWER BI. Periodic reporting is done on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Strong experience in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Cleansing & Quality, Data Migration, Data Integration, Data Ingestion and Data Transformation.
- Used Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn in Python to perform Data Analysis.
- Performed Data Visualization using packages like Seaborn, Matplotlib, ggplot in Python and SAS to generate Scatter Plot, Box Plot, Histogram etc.
- Configured and maintained Amazon EMR manually and as well as through Cloud Formation scripts in Amazon AWS.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Azure environment and creating AzureBlobs, Virtual Machines.
- Extensive knowledge in Data storage and Analysis in Azure data storage environments like Azure SQL, Blobstorage, Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Polybase.
- Used SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS in Windows and Unix environment.
- Performed statistical analysis on data using SAS, SPSS, Matlab and Excel.
- Extensive experience in performing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Extract Transform and Load data from Sources Systems to Azure Data Storage services using a combination of Azure Data Factory, T-SQL, Spark SQL and U-SQL Azure Data Lake Analytics.
- Data Ingestion to Azure Data Services such as Data Lake, Storage, SQL, DW and processing the data in In Azure Databricks.
- Build high quality Azure Data Lakes and Data Warehouse and design the team to scale.
- Experience in processing data using Databricks.
- Familiarity with operational technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Created Excel reports, Dashboards & Performing Data validation activity using VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Macros, formulas, index match, Slicer with (Pivot table, Get Pivot Data, Dashboards), Power View, Power Map and Heat Map.
- Experienced in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending and managed Database Views available to all BI and DW applications.
- Hands-on Experience in MDX Expressions, DAX Expressions, Power BI Power Pivot, Power integrated with Share Point and in creating dashboards in Power BI and Tableau visualization tools.
- Solid knowledge of Power BI and Tableau Desktop report performance optimization.
- Experience in the installation, configuration, supporting and managing Hadoop clusters in Cloudera and Hortonworks distribution(s).
- Extensive knowledge in programming languages such as Scala, Python, Java.
- In-Depth knowledge of Statistics and Machine Learning Algorithms such as Classification and Regression models.
- Good Knowledge of producing complex and intuitive dashboards in Tableau, Power BI reporting data on various metrics by using various functionalities.
- Experience with analytic tools such as Tableau, SAS, Power BI and SPSS.
- Experience in working in Agile Software Development Life Cycle environment.
- Flexible withUnix, LinuxandWindowsEnvironments working with Operating Systems likeCent OS 5/6, Red Hat 6/7,Ubuntu 13/14.
Big Data Frameworks: HDFS, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, YARN, HBase, Apache Pig, Impala, Apache HBase, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, Spark ML, Oozie, Hue, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Storm, Flume, Kafka ETL, Informatica PowerCenter
Languages& Scripting: Scala, Python, Shell Script, SQL, SAS, R.
Hadoop Distribution: Cloudera, Hortonworks, AWS EMR
Database: MySQL, Sybase, MS-SQL server, Postgres, DB2, Oracle 11g/10g/9, MongoDB, NoSQL
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS
Version Control: GIT, SVN
BI Tools: Tableau, Power BI, SAS, Alteryx, SPSS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Designed, developed, and tested various Power BI and Tableau visualizations for dashboard and ad-hoc reporting solutions by connecting from different data sources and databases.
- Expertise in data preparation with experience in blending multiple data connections and creating multiple joins across same and various data sources.
- Designedvarious cube objects such as KPIs, drill through actions, aggregations, and translations. Implemented key performance indicators, actions, hierarchies, and attribute relationships with added functionalities.
- Imported data from multiple data sources into Excel workbook, created relationships between heterogeneous data, created calculated columns and measures using VLOOKUP and formulas, built PivotTables and pivot charts using power pivot skills.
- Worked with various data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, ODBC and flat file sources
- Extensively usedSSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Experience in creatingmetrics, attributes, charts, filters, hierarchies, trend lines, sets and grouping, data blending,Parameters and Complex Calculation to manipulate data usingTableau.
- Tested evaluating data using different models like F-Score, Precision, Recall using SAS and PySpark.
- Build cross functional relationships with Data analysts and Product owners to understand data needs and delivered Spark Framework.
- Worked with both live and import data into Power BI for creating reports.
- Create solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including cross tab's, Heat/Geo/tree maps, pie/bar charts/circle views/Lines/Area charts, Scatter plots, bullet Graphs and Histograms in Tableau and Power BI Desktop.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Responsible for interaction with business stakeholders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery.
- Experience in publishing the Power BI Desktop models to Power Bi Service to create highly informative dashboards, collaborate using workspaces, apps, and to get quick insights about datasets.
- Used HiveQL to perform the data analysis and find the relevant data to meet the business requirements.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes, and aggregations on MS OLAP/ OLTP/Analysis Server (SSAS) in Tabular Model.
- Involved inSIT(System Integration Testing) andUATtesting, bug fixing and documentation for the project.
- Performed the writing and execution of test cases using the MR Unit and Scala Unit in the Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- Lead pricing meetings with project managers to price out projects, determine incentive budgets, revenue sharing among teams and overall profit margins. Update high level divisional directors quarterly with forecasts and revenue for all managed projects.
- Performed exploratory data analysis on text data to analyze the chatbot development opportunities.
- Developed hive scripts and apache spark programs to extract data on HDFS clusters.
- Developed a pipeline using Node Js to upload data to Microsoft LUIS (Language Understanding Intelligence Service) APIs in batch mode for bot framework.
- Developed spark programs for data ingestion to HDFS from diverse data sources like Teradata, SQL, Vertica, and MongoDB.
- Used ACID properties to leverage row level transactions in Hive.
- Implemented Hadoop jobs for processing billions records of text data.
- Developed Sqoop jobs to import data from traditional RDBMS like MySQL, SQL, Vertica, and Teradata to Hive
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2012 tools like SQLServer Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Worked on Data Ingestion to one or more Azure Services including Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, Azure SQL and processing the data in In Azure Databricks.
- Experience in DimensionalModeling, Designing of STAR, SNOWFLAKE Schemas.
- Built a web scraper using Python and Beautiful Soap for data extraction from client websites with no API, written shell scripts and scheduled Cron jobs to ingest data to HDFS and create hive tables.
- Experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, TEMPeffective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Successfully implemented text preprocessing using Spacy library.
- Worked on unsupervised data, developed clustering algorithms including KMeans, DBSCAN, Spectral clustering
- Built python visualizations for business demo, using matplotlib, seaborn, ggplot, plotly.
- Interact with Business users and Senior architects for User Acceptance Testing of developed Visualizations and gather requirements if any further modifications are needed.
- Implemented Tableau dashboards visualizations that empower decision makers.
- Assisted in SQL Server optimization including indexing and query optimization.
- Developed Python and PySpark scripts to ingest source data into SQL.
- Wrote SQL queries, CTE and sub queries for Stored Procedures.
- Worked on deploying Machine Learning pipeline on Azure cloud using Docker Container.
- Used the tabular model cubes as the source inPower BIto visualize the data.
- CreatedPower BIdashboard and generated reports.
- PerformedPower BI DesktopData modeling, which cleans, transforms, mash up Data from multiple sources.
- Created multiple transformations and loaded data from multiple sources into thePower BIDashboard.
- PublishedPower BI Desktopto the cloud.
- Created interactive reports customized for the business usingPower BIDesktop.
- Involved in creating different reports based on the business request and ad hoc requirements using SSRS 2008/2012.
- Discussed the status of the individual tasks of the sprint and give estimate time of the work.
- Presented detailed reports each quarter to upper management alongside my apprentice supervisor.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes