A Managing Business IT Specialist of 20 years experience with extensive subject matter expertise in IT Services Management (ITSM), methods, processes, strategic technology infrastructure planning, and developing cost effective solutions to meet customer business requirements.
Confidential,Dallas, Texas (October 2003 - Present) Service Delivery Manager - Confidential (January 2007 - Present)
- Deliver IT Services Management (ITSM) solutions based on ITIL best practices that focused on the people, process, and technology, and information perspectives of providing business solutions within the IT infrastructure. This includes all aspects of ITSM best practices and methods from analysis, architecture and design, planning, implementation, and support.
- Responsible for billing an additional $2.9MB in 2007 for customer approved projects.
- Currently responsible for directing the activities of the following towers: Messaging, Telecom/Voice, Network, Wintel, Desktop and Help Desk.
Enterprise Monitoring Tools Manager (November 2004 - January 2007)
- Developed and delivered automated monitoring solutions to the Dallas, Pittsburgh and Orlando Data Centers. Responsible for growing a domestic team of 6 to an International team of 18.
- Developed a monitoring “environment health report” for customers to improve their NetIQ monitoring environments to prevent outages, reduce SLAs and add value to the customers they service. This provided a value added service to multiple ACS customers in Dallas and Pittsburgh.
Senior Wintel Systems Engineer/Team Lead (October 2003 - November 2004)
- Developed and delivered IT Services Management (ITSM) solutions based on ITIL best practices that focused on the people, process, and technology perspectives of providing business solutions within the IT infrastructure.
- Developed an integrated Citrix server farm solution for their core applications that resulted in a cost savings in licensing and support costs.
Current Roles and Responsibilities - Direct Outsourced Services for:
- Help Desk: Direct the delivery of the Help Desk services to the client by leveraging the team of 15 International operators who handles an average of 5,000 calls a month. Currently successful in reducing call wait times and abandoned rates. Successful in improving customer service levels by improving Average Speed to Answer, First Call Resolutions and Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) rates.
- Messaging: Direct the delivery of the messaging services to the client. Leverage existing messaging and boundary services groups to insure the Exchange environment is stable and always available. Recently we upgraded all North America locations to Exchange 2007.
- Desktop Services: Direct the delivery of outsourced desktop services. Responsible for leading the desktop team in growing and leveraging remote desktop tools. Identify and resolve technical issues in coordination with other support personnel including researching and reporting by way of a problem tracking systems and software package. Recent hardware refresh has enabled the desktop team to lower Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) by 20%.
- Wintel Services:Direct the delivery of Wintel services. The Wintel team is responsible for supporting over 800+ physical and virtual (VMWare) servers in Dallas, Santa Ana, Buffalo and Toronto Canada. Successful implementation of a diligent change control process and strict monthly patching has increased the stability and lowered the outages in the environment.
- Production Control Services:Provide Scheduling and monitoring of mainframe jobs on a monthly basis. Currently we are running 800K production control jobs a month. By improving batch processing and automated reporting, we are able to reduce labor costs while maintaining SLAs for our customer.
- Network Services: Provide Network services to Ingram with a team of eight engineers located in Buffalo, Dallas, Santa Ana, Monterey, and Bangalore supporting routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers, DNS, VPN, and wireless devices. Recent successes include implementing the Tier6 SAP environment and the Tiers1-5 expansion project which will be complete by the end of October.
- Telecom/Voice Services: Provide support, maintenance and development activities for Ingram Micro's telephone systems in the 3 North American main locations. The 9 Voice technicians located in 3 countries handle over 500 Incidents and requests on a monthly basis with an excellent track record in meeting the SLAs;over 85% of Incidents are closed within a business day. Recent audits and right-sizing initiatives resulted inOperating Costs reductions for our client in excess of $200,000 annually. 2009 will see a continued migration of Voice Services from TDM to more cost-effective VoIP-based services.
- Linux/UNIX Services: Direct the delivery of UNIX/Linux services. The Linux/UNIX team is responsible for supporting over 400+ physical and virtual (VMWare) servers in the Dallas Data Center. Currently Ingram Micro is rolling out SAP on the Linux platform.
- Capacity Planning: Responsible for providing monthly reports on the health of the Wintel and Messaging environments. By providing a proactive view of the customer’s environment, we can prevent outages and failures before they occur.
- Critical Situation/Escalation: Responsible for providing leadership and management of any critical situation issues that come up. The goal is to reduce MTTR of those calls and properly determine root cause analysis and provide post mortem review.
AREAS OF STRENGTH
- IT Service Management
- Service Level Management
- Change and Configuration
- Problem and Incident
- Capacity and Performance
- Availability Management
- VM Ware Migration
- ITIL Process
- Infrastructure Methodology
- Technology infrastructure Assessment, Planning, and Implementation
- Storage Management Planning and Methodology
- Strategic Initiatives
- Project Management
- Cost Reduction
- Strategic Business Planning
BS - Business Management
Certifications ITIL Certification ISO20000 Certification BS15000 Certification