Sr Business Analyst Resume
- Senior business analyst wif over eight years of experience in healthcare, banking and finance.
- Experienced working wif multiple projects, analyzing metrics, creating profit - generating strategies and implemented cost-reducing practices.
- Successful in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) using MS Visio and Visual Paradigm.
- Strong communication and presentation skills substantiated in past assignments wif developers, projectmanagers, subject-matter experts, stakeholders, system implementers and application end-users
- Extensive experience creating business documents including BRDs, FRDs, NFRDs and DRDs.
- Ability to gather business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions, utilizing a variety of elicitation techniques including one-on-one interviews, Joint App Dev. Sessions, Document Analysis and Interface Analysis.
- Experienced in conducting Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design, Test Plan Designs and developed database schemas based on teh logical models.
- Expertise in using Rational tools for creating Use Cases, Version Control, Defect Tracking, monitoring and extensively used teh Agile, Scrum, Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodologies in all areas of teh software development life cycles (SDLC).
- Good experience in working wif teh QA methodologies and processes.
- Experience working as Joint Application Development (JAD) facilitator and meetings coordinator wif excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working on SharePoint data loading/editing/publishing.
- Performed GAP analysis to check teh compatibility of teh existing system infrastructure wif teh new business requirements
- Expertise in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Office Automation Tools: Rational Unified process, Agile (SCRUM,XP),RAD, Waterfall, UML, HTML,XML,C#, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Project, Outlook, Access)
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, JIR, ALM, Quick Test Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite pro, Rational Clear Quest, Clear Case, DOORS, HIPAA, ISO, SOX, Six Sigma, CMM, HL7
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro, HP Quality Center
Other Tools: Share Point, SQL +
Sr Business Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Facilitated teh user meetings to gather requirements, Workflow Analysis, Business Process Models, Functional Design Definitions and high level analysis and designs.
- Performed Use Case Analysis and created documentation as part of teh project’s design in developing workflow and business models and coordinated efforts between teh external and internal project teams.
- Created and updated teh requirements in JIRA for teh conversion process.
- Conducted meetings wif teh ETL developers, data modelers, DBA and business users for understanding teh data mappings for teh conversion process.
- Coordinated wif teh testing teams to validate teh source - target databases after teh ETL conversion
- Created MS-ACCESS views to perform UAT wif teh clients.
- Participated in Sprint Planning meetings, daily scrums, Sprint review meetings and backlog refinement meetings.
- Worked wif teh product owners to create teh requirements as user stories in teh product backlog and prioritized teh requirements and defects.
- Worked closely wif businesses and developments to resolve any requirement deficiencies for teh integrating applications.
- Created and updated teh master test plan and facilitated wif teams and business to get signed off.
- Created, updated and maintained conceptual and detailed test cases, test scripts, test steps and test sets based on teh business and system requirements and uploaded to Quality Center.
- Reviewed test cases in teh Quality Center wif businesses to assure complete test coverage for integration and system testing.
- Created test data requirements and partnered wif data teams to load teh required data in teh test, QA and UAT environments for production fixes, regression, integration and system testing.
- Created and updated test entrance and exit criteria checklists and reviewed wif businesses for various testing.
- Trained resources to strictly follow teh SDM process for test processes documentation and test execution.
- Determined which test environment to utilize and communicate teh requirements and expectations to teh stakeholders.
- Conducted impact analysis on complex systems flows for teh enhancements and product support issues.
Environment: Agile, QTP, Quality Center, JIRA, DB2, TOAD, Remedy, Informatica, Selenium, SOAP UI, MS Visio and SQL.
Confidential, Ohio City, Ohio
- Conducted stakeholder analysis, researched and learned about teh key stakeholders in teh project who could influence teh project decisions during all stages of SDLC.
- Responsible for business analysis, requirement specifications, project planning and identifying teh resources and implementation of teh project.
- Developed teh project using teh Iterative RUP model. Teh project was streamlined through all phases of teh Rational Unified Processes (RUP) model starting from inception through transition.
- Used a functional decomposition strategy to divide system into sub-systems.
- Used different elicitation techniques to gather requirement thus ensuring no lapses and no gaps: brainstorming, one-one, JAD and observations.
- Designed message formats, queues, legacy systems interfaces and worked wif teh business users through interviews and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions. Created front-end prototypes as deliverables and projected teh end-delivery modules.
- Prepared requirement specification, functionality trace matrix, quality assurance plan and designed test cases. Communicated wif businesses and technology leadership for overall project/program office milestones.
- Created complete test cases of varying complexity, executed tests, measured expected and actual results and reported teh status to ensure accurate coverage of requirements. Set up test requirements, developed test plans and documented manual test cases using Quality Center requirements modules.
- Managed all types of functional change requests in teh ‘patient’ module of teh application, including defects, enhancements, issues and documentation changes wif a flexible workflow process using Quality Center.
- Applying Master Data Management (MDM) concepts for data alignment, maximizing analytics and business intelligence promoting corporate objectives and initiatives.
- Verified teh software and applications according to teh requirement specifications (SRS) and generated detailed test coverage reports and graphs twice a week
- Involved in validation of HIPAA 834, 270/271 EDI transaction codes.
- Developed functional specifications to test and enhance HIPAA transactions such as 834.
- Evaluated teh application testing results and recorded teh discrepancies using Quality Center to track, analyze and report them.
- Responsible for monitoring teh defect tracking process and generated teh customized reports using Quality Center.
- Interfaced wif teh developers to resolve teh bugs following teh bug life cycle policy.
Environment: RUP, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, MS office, Visio, Project, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Windows XP, HP Quality Center and test manager.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Performed SWOT and Gap analysis for teh new functionality requirements.
- Analyzed teh consumer surveys and gave technical inputs during teh business meetings.
- Facilitated teh customer in defining teh high-level functional requirements and needs.
- Worked wif RAD methodology.
- Prepared teh prototype and mockup screens.
- Used requisite pro to create, analyze and implement Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and Deployment Diagrams.
- Translated teh business requirements into functional requirements and approaches for teh developers.
- Provided management support to teh offshore end-to-end integration/regression test teams.
- Workflow documentation and comprehensive training to teh healthcare clients.
- Analyzed teh corporate healthcare business processes to develop customized solutions.
- Worked wif Medicare operational management to monitor trends and report on operational metrics such as timeliness, workload and staff trending, customer satisfaction, and other key measures to facilitate performance excellence.
- Responsible for architecting integrated HIPAA, Medicare solutions, Facets.
- Participated in weekly meeting and discussed modification request wif management team
- Monitored performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and developed action plans for those areas needing improvement.
- Developed a detailed test plan and test cases to cover all teh requirements.
- Participated in teh team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Responsible for teaching sessions for end user to tell how to use tools. Analyzed data architecture, documented and delivered data mapping, performed risk analysis.
- Frequently communicated wif developers to resolve technical issues.
- Used MS Project for various planning and budgeting activities.
Environment: RAD, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, SQL, Windows, MS Office, Rational Rose, MS Project, and MS Visio.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Assisted teh PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating teh impact of changes on teh organization and planned accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) and managed every change requests effectively throughout teh software development life cycle.
- Followed a RUP (Rational Unified Process) centric business analysis methodology.
- Developed teh strategic partnerships wif teh business units to develop a solid knowledge base of teh business lines, including teh business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Initiated JAD sessions wif end users through one on one and group interviews to better understand teh user requirements.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions wif committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Collaborated wif development architect to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet teh business needs.
- Provided key initiatives in working wif teh users in defining project and system requirements.
- Provided inputs in teh strategic development of teh detailed project plans, work assignments and target dates etc.
- Documented and delivered teh business requirement documents and functional requirement specification documents to teh project teams.
- Participated in teh logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Performed requirements analysis and detailed examination of all teh use cases and issue logs.
- Performed extensive business process analysis including data analysis and GAP analysis.
- Functioned as teh primary liaison between teh business line, operations and teh technical areas throughout teh project cycle.
- Worked wif Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
- Created SQL queries using Joins to Join Tables and also updated teh database tables using commands such as updates, inserts and delete.
- Played a key role planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Created alot of test cases and was involved in manual testing.
- Updated teh defects in HP Quality Centre.
- Performed functional testing using QTP.
- Worked wif consultants and business partners to analyze response and risk models to improve operational efficiencies.
Environment: .NET, Windows 2000/XP, Rational Requisite Pro 7.0, UML, Rational Rose, Rational ClearQuest8.0, MS Word 2007, MS Project 2007, MS PowerPoint 2007, and MS SQL Server 2005,HP Quality Centre and QTP.
Confidential, Queens, NY
- Worked wif business users to define teh business requirements and analyzed teh possible technical solutions.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements and analyzed teh possible technical solutions.
- Documented teh business and functional requirements
- Analyzed key business requirements and assisted in teh development of Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS)
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to track teh use cases and test cases associated wif teh requirements.
- Worked extensively wif teh QA teams for designing test plans and test cases for teh User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various Web based and database related applications.
- Interacted wif teh development and testing teams to improve overall quality of teh software.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling and used SQL queries to filter teh data wifin teh Oracle database.
- Assisted teh PM to perform risk assessment management and mitigation.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify teh gaps wifin teh system
- Verified teh business scenarios on new builds to allow and extended testing by teh QA teams.
Environment: SDLC, Waterfall, Rational Tools Suite (Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case), UML, SQL, MS Project, MS Office and SQL server 2000.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes