Sr Business Analyst Resume
- Over 7 years industry experience as a Senior Business Analyst with good understanding of all teh phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from inception phase to production and experienced in different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile or Scrum master with good understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, and Business Analysis.
- Experience working in multiple domains like Finance, Banking, Retail Banking, Mortgage, Retail and Healthcare. Possess good understanding of Accounting and Auditing domains.
- Well - versed in Fixed Income, Equity Income, and Derivatives (Futures, Forwards, Options and Swaps),Financial statement, Cash flow statement, Income statement, Securities, Balance Sheet, Accounting, Business Processes, Forecasting, Loans, Deposits.
- Experienced and possess good understanding working with both Onshore and Offshore teams.
- Possess an understanding of teh trading and settlement process to be able to put teh activities of front, middle, Clearance and back office into perspective.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session, and Rapid Application Development (RAD), Production support.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD),Functional Requirement Document(FRD), Use Case Specifications, and Functional Specifications.
- Experienced in Requirement Management and Traceability Matrix using Requisite Pro.
- Possess understanding of Business Applications Management (BAM), Distribution Processes and Time Keeping work Record Systems and preparation of UML diagrams.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Test Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams etc.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black Box Testing and System Testing.
- Possess excellent client interaction and communication skills and interpersonal skills. Good in problem solving and sound decision making capabilities.
- Excellent track record for meeting deadlines and submitting deliverables on time.
- Experience working in complex, cross-functional and geographically dispersed team environments (Onshore and Offshore). Exceptional team player as well as individual contributor.
Business Modeling Tools: Requisite Pro, Clear case, Visio, UML, SharePoint, Microsoft Office
Financial Systems: Bloomberg, POM, AIM, Basel II.
Reporting Tools: Clear Quest, Info Image.
Test Tools: Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner.
Methodologies: Project Management, Waterfall, Agile, RUP, Change Management, UML, Use Case.
Software: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Word-Project-Power Point - Excel - Visio, SharePoint, Quality Center, SQL, Outlook.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr Business Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between teh developers and management staff and was instrumental in resolving conflicts between teh management and technical teams.
- Interacted and conducted meetings with other manager.
- Conducted meetings/interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements.
- dis information along with teh vision document was used to transform business requirements into System Requirement Specifications.
- Worked closely with Loan officers and SME’s to understand teh home loan process and residential mortgage-backed security, commercial mortgage-backed security .
- Interacted with teh offshore team to co-ordinate teh technical activities and underwriting reports.
- Prepared business workflow models dat cover "How" business processes are accomplished.
- Identified teh business requirements from teh end users keeping in mind their need for teh application and documenting it in MS Excel and MS Visio for teh developers.
- Conducted milestones planning of teh project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from development, QA and technical support teams.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Helped teh QA team to devise teh test plan for teh application by explaining teh vision document and teh business case.
- Attended change request meetings to document corresponding changes and implemented procedures for enforcing changes through defect tracking.
Environment: UML, Agile, MS Visio, MS Office, MS SharePoint, SQL, MS Suite.
Confidential, MIAMI, FL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements by facilitating JAR/JAD Sessions.
- Interacted with stakeholders and Risk Analysts team to gather requirements about Risk Management Application.
- Documented Business requirement specification and business process.
- As a liaison between developers and teh SME’s, worked closely with Risk Management Team, Securities and understood teh business needs and business processes and documented them in BRD.
- Understood teh business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry in Banking.
- Participated in meetings with teh management team, teh SME teh Fixed Income, E-commerce Department, and Derivative Team.
- Gathered teh vital market data from offshore team in Paris (France) to document them in BRD.
- Responsible for regular interaction with teh Equities, Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange (FX) Division to gather Global Market Data to base teh Benefit Analysis and Market Risk.
- As a liaison between teh developers and management, was instrumental in resolving conflicts between stakeholders and technical development teams.
- Gathered and developed system design specification and functional specifications for retail banking division.
- Conducted JAD Sessions for faster and better understanding of requirements and understood teh Financial Statements.
- Performed ‘As is - to be’ Confidential Analysis to check teh compatibility of teh existing system infrastructure with teh new business requirements.
- Coordinated with programmers, Management scheduling and testers to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Windows XP, E-Commerce, Agile, MS Visio 2007, Quality Center, MS Office 2007, MS SQL Server 2005.
Confidential, MAHWAH, NJ
- Communicated, Conducted user interviews, gathered Business Requirements Specifications, and analyzed teh Requirements.
- Held and attended presentations and meetings to coordinate efforts among all teh groups, leading into teh inception phase.
- Gathered and analyzed and understood teh business processes and developed system design specification and functional specifications by facilitating JAR/JAD Sessions.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interaction with teh process owners and stakeholders as per Rational Unified Process.
- Analyzed requirements to identify ambiguous, incomplete and incorrect requirements, data challenges.
- Responsible for documenting business processes for ‘AS-IS’ and ‘TO-BE’ scenarios for Retail banking and credit card division.
- Involved in documenting teh business process, developed Requirement specifications and process diagrams including context and dataflow diagrams using MS Visio 2007.
- Created, modified, linked and maintained requirements traceability using Requisite Pro.
- Worked on teh Flowchart and Process diagrams using MS Visio.
- Identified important user scenarios from teh functional requirements to develop test cases.
- Conducted walkthroughs with development team (MIS Division), Solutions Architect and stakeholders.
- Assisted Quality Assurance Team in system and integration testing.
- Involved in re-defining business processes and documenting enhancements (RUP).
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: RUP, UML 2.0, Quality Center, MS Visio 2007, MS Office 2007.
Confidential, Burlington, NC
- Conducted meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to understand teh workflow of teh business and their application processes
- Analyzed of all teh projects of past related to teh functionality and come to one conclusion and then writes teh business scenarios for regression testing team.
- Analyzed of system requirements and Use cases involved in teh product development for writing of Test cases.
- Performed Confidential analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using teh UML methodologies.
- Business Process Requirements translated it into teh Business Requirement Document (BRD) to be used as input to teh functional design specifications.
- Worked with Customer Care Representatives to analysis frequent issues and gather technical and functional requirements.
- Performed Confidential analysis and was involved in analyzing teh technical specifications of teh current system and teh infrastructure needs.
- Followed teh Black box testing for crosschecking design decisions and assumptions against source code.
Environment: UML 2.0,Waterfall, MS PPT, Data Warehouse, MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows 2000, MS Project.
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Analyzed, defined and managed business owners, stakeholder, end user needs.
- Assisted E-Commerce team, senior technical personnel, and designated E-Commerce business representatives in defining and implementing teh strategic direction necessary to better meet teh business needs and Distribution processes.
- Conducted individual and group (JAD) sessions with business stakeholders and technical units.
- Established teh business analysis methodology using Waterfall technique.
- Helped develop use cases, project plans and to manage project scope.
- Assisted in building teh business analysis process model.
- Provided key project inputs by working with users in defining teh project and system requirements.
- Played a key role in teh planning, testing, and implementing system enhancements and conversions
- Assisted Test Lead, Testers understanding business process and help them successful completion of Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Requirements Testing.
Environment: Waterfall, Distribution Processes, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Rational Requisite Pro.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes