Senior Business Analyst Resume
- 8+ years of experience in the field of information systems as Business System Analyst/ Business Analyst System Analyst & and Quality analyst and worked extensively in Insurance, Mortgage, finance and Mortgagein diverse business and technical environments.
- Experience in user requirements gathering, Use Case design and analysis, Use Case specifications, Use case Models, System Development, Scenarios, Business rules, Business processes, Work flow diagrams, process flows and technical documentation, using Unified Modeling Language (UML), MS Office Suite, Raven Flow and Rational Suite.
- Proficient in Creating and Transforming Business Requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) using MS Word and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Created User requirement Specification (URS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), business process flow System.
- Strong experience in documenting user requirements for application development projects in .NET framework environment with a solid understanding of .NET Architecture Framework.
- Sound Proficiency in analyzing and Creating Use cases, Use Case Diagrams, Swim lane Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams and Navigational flow diagram and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Exceptional ability to research, analyze and translate technical information to end - users at all levels.
- Hands full of experience in MS Office Suite, MS Project for Project Plan, MS Visio, Rational Suite Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case and Rational Clear Quest.
- Extensive experience in writing use cases, artifacts and customizing artifacts to maximum understanding.
- Experience in translating Market Research Data into functional specifications.
- Designed and implemented sales promotion schemes, Direct mail campaigns, advertisements and customer surveys.
- Sound financial domain knowledge of Fixed Income, Bonds, Equities, Derivatives (Options and Futures), and SWAP Derivatives including Interest rate, Currency, Credit Default, Commodity SWAP’S, Hedge funds, Portfolio Management, Asset Management Liabilities ( ALM), Liquidity Management, Quantity Risk Management(QRM),Trade Life- cycle, BPM, Sales and Marketing.
Modelling & Designing Tools: IBM Rational Rose, MS Visio
Testing Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner 9.1, Quick Test Pro (QTP)
Defect Tracking: IBM Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Mercury Quality Centre
SDLC Methods: Agile/Scrum, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall.
Languages: HTML, XML, UML, C, C++, Java Script, SAS, SQL
Application Servers: Apache
Databases: Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL Server
Operating Systems: MS Windows X, LINUX, Sun Solaris, Mac OS X.
Other Tools: Microsoft Project, ERWIN, TOAD, MS Office, MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver.
Senior Business Analyst
- Worked with the business team to collect the business reporting, reporting standards, security and service level requirements
- Prepared detailed design documents to translate business process effectively for developers and product managers using MS Visio.
- Conducted status report meetings with the business and the IR team on a weekly basis.
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules. Developed requirements and preliminary design for client applications.
- Performed analysis and design projects using a systems development methodology. Worked with all levels of client staff in solution definition.
- Conducted technical review sessions and facilitated other project meetings as required.
- Identified, analyzed, defined and documented business processes.
- Design and develop use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
- Conduct user interviews, gather requirements, and analyze the requirements using Rational Rose, Visio and Requisite pro.
- Performed extensive GAP analysis, Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing, develop and maintain quality procedures ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases for testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Utilized detailed knowledge of application features, scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Actively interacted with other corporate departments, including executive, legal and information services as well as vendor relationships.
- Review Load Runner test scripts along with other software testing results.
- Assist in development of training materials for functional and process improvements.
Environment: Siebel High Technology Industrial Manufacturing 184.108.40.206 ENU, Siebel Tools 8.1.1, Oracle 11g, Rational ClearCase, Clear Quest, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Lotus 1-2-3, MS-Power Point, Artemis, MS-Project, VISIO
Confidential, Long land NY
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case’s.
- Use Case diagrams, Business Flow diagram, Navigational Flow diagrams, Creating process models, data flow diagrams, AS IS diagrams and Activity diagrams using Visio.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems.
- Partner with clients/peers/technical groups to perform quality reviews on business requirements in order to determine if the requirements fulfill the demands of the end users.
- Conducted many informal Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Led JRP sessions and JAD sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all business needs and also conducted Rapid Application Development sessions (RAD).
- Worked closely with the UI/front end design team to model the screens, which met user, defined requirements and also company standards.
- Act as a resource in understanding how IS systems carry out business functions and assist in ensuring the timely and effective implementation.
- Assist with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Responsible for all project documentations and end user training materials.
- Worked on system conversions from VSAM to DB2.
- Performed source data profiling to verify that data meets the business requirements.
- Facilitated Design/Development (technical design) review’s and ensured that business requirements are met.
- Developed system integration test plan and ensured customer acceptance / satisfaction.
- Ability to interact effectively to internal and external parties. Coordinating related support and development activities.
- Worked closely with the project managers to monitor progress, and the deliverables for the project
- Regularly scheduled meetings to review the project status/plan with senior technology staff.
- Responsible for creating a report on a weekly basis, listing committed dates, risks that impact project schedules and status information.
- Responsible for creating a series of reports on a weekly basis about the types and status of STR’s.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, DB2, MS Access, SQL Server, Windows XP, MS Outlook, Test Director.
- Acted as a liaison between the business, data and the technical teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Extracted the business requirements from various sessions with business leads and maintained them using Requisite Pro, tracing them all the way to the system artifacts.
- Created activity diagrams, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams and data flow diagrams in UML using Rose and MS Visio.
- Involved in User Interface (UI) analysis with the business team to validate accuracy.
- Involved in identifying Functional and Non-Functional requirements and created the Functional System Design document (FSD).
- Involved in GAP analysis in the identification of business rules, business and system process flows, requirements and assumptions.
- Partnered with the technical team in research and resolution of system development issues and process problems.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verified performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues.
- Commended for ability to multi-task on projects consisting of diverse set of people, platforms and parallel timelines via exceptional communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Environment: Rational Unified Process, Rational Rose, RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Rational SODA, OOAD, Java, IBM DB2, HTML, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel and MS Project.
- Gathered business requirements, performed Gap Analysis for client’s requirements and generated system workflows.
- Systematically gained knowledge on the business process being followed in the project environment.
- Prepared and validated high-level and detailed requirements.
- Established RUP (Rational Unified Process) methodology and provided assistance in developing use cases and project plans.
- Facilitated walkthroughs with business SME’s from loan origination, processing, underwriting and closing domains.
- Participated in documenting the requirements that were critical to the business process and used those requirements in system design based on a Use Case approach.
- Used Rational Rose to model the process using UML to create behavioral and structural diagrams.
- Used Rational ClearQuest to track required changes and Rational ClearCase to maintain different versions of the project documentation.
- Participated in transforming the user requirements into functional requirements and also created business process models from the requirement specifications.
- Reviewed and provided inputs to the testing scenarios and test cases.
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, RUP Methodology, UNIX, Windows.
Business Analyst/IT Advisor
- Worked with the business team to defined the systems and supporting processes that best meet the current and future needs of the company and documented them using RequisitePro.
- Developed use case documentation for system requirements, business process flows, and screen mockups using MS Visio.
- Prepared Detailed Design Document by creating UML diagrams (Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams) according to RUP to translate business process effectively for developers and product managers.
- Authored and/or reviews Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FSD) documentation and assures it is complete, acceptable and in accordance with standards.
- Assisted the project manager to construct a project plan which includes project schedules, milestone tracking, and resource allocation and meeting minutes using MS Project.
- Function as a trainer for business users and to new team members.
- Adhered to all departmental policies and procedures, especially regarding processes to ensure the stability of business systems by maintaining Lessons Learned Document.
- Acted as a liaison between the system user, technical groups and the development team for the development of the overall testing approach by executing test cases to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and identifies functional issues.
- Submitted change requests and worked with change request records in ClearQuest.
Environment: MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL, MS Project, MS Visio 2003, Oracle 8i, HTML, FLASH, RequisitePro, JSP, RUP
- Studied the existing Corporate Information Factory (CIF) and the Operational Data Store (ODS) relating to the subject area of the Life Benefits Data Mart.
- Gathered Business Requirements from the users through use of questionnaires, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, one-on-one interviews/Group interviews, examination of current reports.
- Analyzed requirements in terms of the dimensional data elements and measurable facts.
- Identified source systems, their connectivity, related tables and fields and ensure data suitably for mapping.
- Collected information about different entities and attributes identified primary keys and foreign keys for the entities. Mapped surrogate key tables to the required dimensions.
- Created dimensions model star schemas involving Kimball methodology using Erwin.
- Prepared Gap analysis report outlining the deficiencies in source system extracts and requirements for the Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Presented the models and their advantages to Stakeholders and the Project Manager and logical database design.
- Knowledgeable in the ETLprocess used by the Data Stage System designers used for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transforming and loading the data into the data warehouse/ data marts.
- Liaised between business users and the development team in translations of requirements and business process explanations, resolving communication issues and differences.
- Provided user test cases and collated and track defects. Communicate defects to development team.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, Database (Oracle)
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes