Business Analyst Resume
- Business Analyst with 7+ years of IT experiencein diverse domains such as Finance, Banking, Healthcare, and Insurance Industries.
- Solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process Modeling, Data Analysis,Business Analysis and projectmanagement.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) through all the four phases including Inception, Elaboration, Construction, Transition, and employing Agile and waterfall software methodologies.
- Excellent Experience in Rational Unified Processing (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and Use Case Specification Documents (USD).
- Proficient in Creating and Transforming Business Requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) using MS Word and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Expertise in creating User requirement Specification (URS) document, Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Business Requirement Documents (BRDs).
- Proficiency in analyzing and Creating Use cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite, MS Project for Project Plan, MS Visio, Rational Rose,Rational Requisite Pro,Rally, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in performing Risk analysis, GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Organized many Joint Application developments (JAD) and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Interviews, workshops and requirement Elicitation sessions, Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions and JAM session with end - user/clients/stake holders and the development group.
- Extensively interacted with the QA Team in creation of the Test Plans, Providing Test Data, Creating Test Cases, and Issuing SRs upon detection of bugs and collecting the Test Metrics.
- Worked on large Web-based Application development and maintained account Automation functionality which includes New account opening, Client documentation, preparation, Account Maintenance and Upgrades.
- Completion of projects within specified time and budget dealing with financials, project work flow, change management and dealing with vendor relationships.
- Identify, assess, and recommend business priorities, and advise business on options, risks, and costs. Efficient in handling Change Requests by the client
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in interacting with the stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts(SME's) to get a better understanding of the Business Process.
- Experienced in performing Business Process Analysis and creating AS-IS and TO-BE Business Processes.
- Perform root cause analysis, develop best possible solution options and trade-offs.
- Experience in coordinating meetings, documenting minutes of meeting and taking actions accordingly.
Business Analysis Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/ Scrum, RUP, RAD, Prototype model
Business Requirement analysis: JAD/RAD/JAR Sessions, Use Case, Gap analysis, SWOT analysis, ROI analysis, Rational Requisite Pro
Documentation skills: Business Requirement Document(BRD), Functional Requirement Document(FRD),RACI matrix
Databases Management Tools: MS Access, Oracle Product Information Management (PIM), MS SQL Server, SQL, RDBMS, Informatica
Programming Languages: PHP,HTML, PYTHON, Big data, C, C++, Map Reduce
Software Toolset: SharePoint, Websphere, AIX,QTP/QC, MRI, rCash, Promus/Choice Property Management, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheet, PowerPoint, MS Visio
Quality Assurance: Experience in creating Test Scenario, Test cases, Test scripts and and test plans.
- Responsible for requirement and design documentation review, identification of Customer Management software anomalies and test results, customer interaction and IT management
- Managed all the requirements and change requests and made updated requirements available to all team members involved in the project
- Worked extensively through Agile development methodology by dividing the application into iterations and working on each iteration through full SDLC
- Conducted GAP analysis in understanding how the upgraded system carries out the business functions and assists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation
- Conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements.
- Worked closely with Developers and User Representatives, participated in the product design process including specifications, end-user reviews and application walk-through
- Developed business use cases in most instances, worked extensively on Rational Requisite Pro in gathering user Requirements, manage Workflows and elicit Communication plans
- Generated Use Case diagrams using MS Visio to depict process flows, timelines and cost-benefit models.
- Interacted with Development and QA Team to ensure overall quality and scalability of the software.
Confidential, Boston- MA
- Created and maintained data model/architecture standards, including master data management (MDM).
- Assisted Project Manager in development and documentation of Project Plan for tax and accounting applications
- Generated and validated ad-hoc reports using Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced look and conditional formulas, VBA)
- Maintained project documentation and provided on site trainings to employees for tax and accounting applications
- Analyzed current operations and Implemented requirement gathering & management using Rational Requisite Pro, andbusinessintelligence tools
- Designed and recommended new approaches for Tax and accounting department processes
- Investigated the issues by performing data mining on complex data sources to identify the root cause. Executed SQL query packages for data validation.
- Initiated a Master database project in the corporate tax team, after identifying data quality issues and worked collaboratively across various groups to resolve
- Provided documentation training to corporate tax team members along with user trainings for MS Access, MS Visio and MS project.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
- Generated a streamline process to understand the various steps in the loan lifecycle and desired functionality of the new system by interacting with users, management, SME (Subject Matter Expert), stakeholders, lenders, underwriters.
- Interviewed business users to gather requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined opportunities for business process improvement, documented business processes and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Contributed to the definition of scope, performed extensive requirement analysis and defined functional specifications.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and used Requisite Pro to manage, analyze, and convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Conducted and participated in JAD sessions with stakeholders and system users to collect the software requirement specifications (SRS).Used RUP methodology to analyze and translate business requirements into system specifications, communicating with the business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view too.
- Assisted in designing test plans, test scenarios and test cases for integration, regression and user acceptance testing (UAT) to improve overall quality of the Application.
Confidential, Mount Laurel-NJ
- Gatheredbusinessrequirements through interviews, surveys, and observing from account managers and UI (User Interface) of the existing Broker Portal system.
- Interacted with fixed income business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the Risk Management process.
- Credit Risk management of the existing portfolio of international and local corporate clients.
- Prepared credit approval packages reports for corporate clients, which involved in depth risk analysis, industry trends, financial analysis and forecasting for local customers.
- Design methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process). Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and BRD.
- Designed Use Cases, Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams in UML methodology using VISIO.
- Integrated an external credit score carding system into internal risk management system by identifying management requirements and implementing automatic information upload.
- Worked as a subject matter expert (SME) for enterprise level applications related to application stability, currency and documentation.
Confidential, New York-NY
Business Analyst / System Analyst
- Gathered business requirements relating to trading, equities and fixed income such as bonds, converted into the same functional requirements using RUP methodology and author in the same business requirements document (BRD).
- Designed and developed in all cases the use of narrative and implements UML modeling as create Use Case diagrams, process flow diagrams and activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology for application development with a variety of work, objects and activities.
- Developed business process models in the RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Established methodology for business analysis about the Rational Unified Process.
- Analyzed user requirements, attend meetings of the Change Request document changes and implemented procedures to test the changes.
- Assistance in developing the project deadlines / deliverables / strategies to effectively manage projects.
- Evaluate the current practices of storage and handling of relevant financial data for compliance.
- Involved in developing test strategies and assisted in developing test scenarios, test conditions and test cases in cooperation with the technical areas of research, solving the system and user acceptance testing (UAT).
Junior Business analyst
- Gathered and articulated Business Requirements from User Interviews and Synthesis those requirements into technical specifications.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Navigation Flow, Business Flow Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams for applications and created Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using MS Visio and created conceptual model, behavior diagrams.
- Conducted walk through sessions for Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Use Cases to discuss certain issues with stake holders, Architectures and Design & development teams and also did GAP Analysis.
- Conducted Joint Requirements planning sessions (JRP) as a facilitator to gather requirements from the Business User and conducted many Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Identified test execution method: Manual/Automated. Read and Understood Test Cases and identified the frequent functions. Interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans, Providing Test Data, Creating Test Cases, and Issuing MR upon detection of bugs and collecting the Test Metrics.
- Developed user manuals, presentations and training manuals as per project specifications
Confidential, Long island-NY
- Facilitate client interviews and workshops to gather, understand, and set client's project goals, objectives, complex business needs and potential opportunities.
- Create requirement docs for the existing functionality by performing a code walkthrough of Ab-initio graphs and reconfirm the same with demanding business users.
- Timely delivery of the Scope doc, functional requirement spec, Process workflows, Use cases, and Defect trackers.
- Prepare test cases and test scripts to facilitate the UAT and manual testing.
- Developed mock-up screens for the client to visualize the end product and suggest required enhancements.
- Worked extensively on SQL queries for client warehouse analysis, ad-hoc requests. And also used Business Objects (BO) for reporting purposes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for requirement gathering, analysis, and design.
- Developed Use Cases/diagrams, conceptual model, behavior diagrams (sequence, collaboration, state chart, Activity), using MS Visio.
- Responsible for the delivery of Business Requirements Documents (BRD) within project timelines.
- Responsible for interacting with the developers to explain the proposed changes and understand the system requirements to handle these changes.
- Conducted GAP Analysis and formulated the TO-BE features based on the business requirements and pain points.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes