Sr. Business Analyst Resume
- 6+ years of experience in all aspects of Software Development lifecycle with specific emphasis in business analysis. Experience working on Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Highly qualified in gathering requirements, elicitation, conducting joint requirement sessions, prioritizing requirements, AS - IS/ TO-BE analysis, problem solving techniques and decision making techniques.
- High level of comfort working with globally distributed, multicultural & multilingual environments.
- Collecting, understanding, reviewing the Business requirements, and translating them into Functional specifications.
- Expert in creating artifacts like Project Plan, Business cases, Feasibility study, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), User Stories, Use Case Documentation, Traceability matrix and testing documentation.
- Skilled in creating diagrams like Context diagrams, Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Data Flow diagrams, Process flow diagrams, IDEF0 diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Venn diagrams.
- Attended Sprint Planning meeting, Sprint Review meeting, Daily Stand Ups and Backlog Refinement meeting.
- Experience in Quality assurance and testing, translated requirements documentation into UAT test plans, designed "production-like" test case coverage/ test data and performed manual system testing. Active involvement in test planning, test case reviewing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Produced reports and data analytics using SAS, R, Tableau, SQL, PL/SQL, SSRS, MS Excel, statistical, and reporting tools. Leveraged interconnectivity between multiple tools.
- Advanced Excel skills including API, Pivot tables, VLookup, HLookup, IF statements and List functions.
- Expertise in SQL and PL/SQL, wrote Joins, conditional statements, pivot, un-pivot and dynamic SQL queries.
- Ensured and validated the integrity, quality and validity of data produced by Master Data Management (MDM) teams.
- Active involvement in the ETL of data into a data warehouse/data mart using SSIS for OLTP, OLAP. Worked with MDM team on data model, data governance, dimensional modelling, ERD, normalization of database.
- Expertise in SAS reporting methods in ODS, Proc Report, other SAS Base methods and add-ins.
- Prepared Business Intelligence dashboards, KPI reports, Predictive analytics, storyboards and interactive visualizations including Tree maps, Geographical maps, Scatter & Box plots, Trend lines, calculated fields & infographics in Tableau.
- Domain expertise in Healthcare, Banking, Insurance, Supply Chain and Retail including portfolio management, financial modelling, credit, market risk, fixed income, equity, Mortgages, Lending and Deposits.
- Building Relationships and resolving conflicts with all stakeholders. Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and skills.
Microsoft Office Tools: 365, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, InfoPath Designer, Notepad ++.
Analytics tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, ClickView
Content Management: SharePoint 2013, OneDrive, Dropbox.
Drawing/Screen shot Tools: MS Visio, SnagIt.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Iterative, RUP, Agile, Scrum.
Database/ ETL: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, OLAP, OLTP, Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, ODBC, Dimensional Modeling, Data Governance, Star Schema, ERD, MDM.
Requirements Management: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Mingle
Project Management Tools: MS Project, Clarity.
Platforms: IBM AS400, Windows XP, Windows 8.1, Windows NT, Windows server 2003/2008, Android 5.0, Android 4.3, Apple iOS 8.
Confidential, Raritan NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed project management from a business perspective, managed and interacted with multiple teams including development, support and business development in geographically diverse countries including Brazil, China and India.
- Analyzed and Prepared requirements for Release 3 of their Mobile and Web Brand Inspector Application. Application helps in early discovery of suspect counterfeit, trademark and diversions of their products to protect patients wherein results are known in a matter of hours rather than in months using other methods. Savings were estimated to be US $5 million in 2015.
- Initiated the analysis of global market surveys and incidents for their products. Prepared a “dash board” for their key markets that are showcased to reflect their 3 key business parameters. Thus enables faster responses in key markets from a legal, financial and social responsibility standpoint.
- Frequently interacted with business directors in United States, EMEA, LATAM and APEC regions.
- Lead business UAT for Brand Inspector mobile and web application.
- Conducted demo meetings and training sessions for business managers and end users.
- Developed training materials, including user guide and test cases for end users.
- Developed user scenarios, test cases and use cases.
- Developed market surveys for company’s divisions globally and prepared market survey assessment report.
- Assisted in internet market monitoring and prepared reports.
- Developed market survey analytics and BI reports using Excel, SQL and Tableau.
- Prepared business and functional requirements. Helped product owner in preparing and prioritizing product backlog.
- Worked on the business data definitions / catalogues.
- Organized and conducted JAD sessions and meetings.
Technologies: Microsoft Outlook, Altassian Jira, Team Foundation Server, Snag it, IBM App Scan, Notepad ++, Microsoft Communicator, MS Visio, Tableau 9.0, ClickView
Confidential, Norcross GA
Business Analyst/ Quality Analyst
- Prepared market assessment reports. Involved in the development of market segmentation models and forecasts reflecting market evolution.
- Conducted Gap Analysis.
- Attended Sprint Planning meetings and Sprint Review meetings.
- Identified, assessed, and documented business requirements, recommended business priorities, and advised business on options, risks, and costs.
- Interacted directly with stakeholders to identify and evaluate improvement opportunities and explained issues.
- Analyzed impact and risks of proposed solutions across the business, developed use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, recommended risk mitigants, and contributed a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Ensured requirements from all stakeholders, including Operations and IT Support, are defined.
- Translated business requirements into user stories and detailed functional requirement specifications and ensured proper coverage of the business requirements.
- Interacted with clients to discuss better UI features that can be provided through the application to the clients.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Used SharePoint to store, tack and manager electronic documents.
- Translated requirements documentation into UAT test plans, designed "production-like" test case coverage and test data, and performed manual system testing to validate all requirements are met.
- Collaborated with the development architect and business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Conducted Integration Testing, Upgrade Testing, and Certification testing and supported the Production Releases.
- Positive and Negative Test scenarios were created and tested to test the functionality and the error handling capability of the application.
- Continuously updated Microsoft Visual Studio with test case Execution status.
- Ensured that issues logged into defect and incident reporting and tracking tool (Team Foundation Server) are accurate, complete, and ensure there is no existing ticket on the same issue.
- Updated the daily status and participates in the Daily and Weekly status meetings.
- Drove the daily Defect Triage meetings to ensure the quality product.
- Documented the entire testing process along with the lessons learned in the process of testing.
- Worked closely with the Dev team and assist them in producing a quality code.
- Attended install task plan meeting for UAT.
- Assisted with risk assessment, mitigation and re-planning efforts when necessary.
- Ensured that all test cases are updated with any corrections.
Technologies: Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Team Foundation Server, IBM App Scan, Notepad ++, BPS, Microsoft Communicator, MS Visio, Tableau 9.0
Confidential, Los Angles CA
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions with the business team to collect the business standards, security and service level requirements and studied the business process.
- Performed Gap Analysis to compare all elements of existing "as is" with desired "to be" processes. Reengineered the user interface.
- Extracted, discussed, and refined User and Business Process Requirements from SMEs. Also, co-authored User and Functional Requirements.
- Interacted with various end user teams during beta testing to gather feedback on application usability.
- Performed GUI, Database during Regression Testing.
- Worked with SQL, functions to test the database integrity.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, and Test Data.
- Conducted Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Smoke, Database Integrity, User-Acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review Meetings.
- Documented all defects to ensure application software functionality for present and future builds. Logged defects and created various defect reports using Bugzilla.
Technologies: HP Quality Center, MS SQL Server 2008, Team Foundation Server, Team Track, Service now, PVCS, Pega
Confidential, Phoenix AZ
- Gathered and identified customer requirements to define the best solution that can be delivered.
- Utilizing project management methodologies and tools have set priorities, identified deliverables, and target dates, provided estimates for project tasks so that customer’s expectations are appropriately set and agreed upon customer requirements met.
- Helped in optimization, enhancement and development of new product initiatives and customer experiences by providing critical views of product trends and performance, providing support on key projects, and employing analytical skills to identify new opportunities to drive business value.
- Demonstrated strong analytic skills, innovative thinking, and a proactive ability to solve problems.
- Collected, organized, analyzed, and disseminated significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Supported product managers to optimize and improve product features and customer channels across the product lifecycle.
- Managed Product KPIs, BPIs, metrics and reporting to understand customer and business needs to inform product roadmap and comprehensive product backlog.
- Analyzed, interpreted, and transformed data into actionable insights for product managers within the organization to drive business decisions.
- Provided data support on key performance indicators for product features and channels, including ongoing updates and tracking.
- Drove optimization of channel tracking capabilities by identifying opportunities for improvement and implementation of updates.
- Identified, analyzed, and interpreted trends or patterns in complex data sets, write SQL and work with SAS to pull reports as needed.
- Conducted feature utilization analysis to deepen understanding of customer segments and behavior.
- Conducted market and competitive analysis to identify business opportunities.
- Researched & compiled internal and external data, performed in depth & ad hoc analysis to find trends using statistical & financial analysis, modeling, profitability analysis using R and SAS.
- Created linear, log-linear regression, autoregressive models and tree model equations, applied variable selection techniques, stratified analysis, incorporated interaction term and prepared non-technical summary.
- Prepared reports to summarize then present findings and recommendations in a simple format to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize efficiency, and quality.
- Verified accuracy and quality of reports and manage multiple priorities with deadlines document processes while automating tasks to gain process efficiencies.
- Worked with users to define business and analytical needs; identifies and recommends potential data sources.
- Solved ad hoc questions from internal customers by creating and confirming data on templates provided to the group to support key business initiatives and sizing potential business opportunities.
- Participated in various meetings to understand changing business requirements and solve a variety of business issues service changes or expansions for a department or functional area.
- Prepared and worked with Advanced Excel modeling.
- Worked closely with executives, department heads, managers, and associates across multiple departments.
Technologies: Tableau, SAS, R, MS SQL Server, Excel
Confidential, San Bruno CA
- Drive and lead execution of new product initiatives through strategic development ensuring target scope in both ecommerce applications and back-end systems using Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Gather and write functional/business requirements used by engineers and programmers on multiple ecommerce applications as well as collaborate with User Experience/Interface designers to develop wireframes/schematics that support such requirements.
- Got involved in requirements elicitation and analyzing requirements during the requirements analysis phase of the projects.
- Provide product support to Enterprise, Supply Chain, and Order management applications.
- Partner with continuous product engineering teams on investigating systemic issues.
- Create and execute SQL queries to find clues on what may be causing the opportunity.
- Perform root cause analysis on production issues.
- Follow up with engineering teams to provide a correction of errors document that provides solutions, which will prevent the issue from happening going forward.
- Create internal monitoring alarms and reports by designing queries using SQL.
- Action upon ad hoc tasks requested by business partners to support day to day operations.
- Give clear and concise feedback on questions/concerns made by the business regarding database logic.
- Work with key business stakeholders, engineering development, and PMO on developing system enhancements.
- Collaborate with the development team on designing clear and concise project requirements.
- Participate and provide signoff based on User Acceptance Testing results.
- Offer post implementation support on enhancements that have been introduced into production.
- Performed GUI testing and analyzed end to end functionality by testing the application manually.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, defects discovered and their status on a weekly basis.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes