Seeking a Senior Business Analyst position that will utilize my strong analytical, consultative and results driven skills that will ensure a project makes its target date.
- Senior Business Analyst having participated in all phases of the project development life cycle.
- Main focus has been working on large information technology systems specializing in State Government, Health Care, Personal/Commercial Lines, Homeowners/Auto Claims, Life, Annuity, Finance, Agent Compensation and Mutual Fund Pricing/Trading/Settlement.
- Ability to analyze the current state system and workflow in order to come up to speed quickly.
- Expertise facilitating meetings with subject matter experts and technical analysts in order to develop work flow diagrams and business specifications to document current and future business processes.
- Experience designing new templates to facilitate documenting high level requirements, work flows, business rules, user interface prototypes and detailed business requirement specifications for various systems.
- During the systems analysis and design phase of a project, able to analyze requirement specification documents and business rules to create use cases.
- Ability to work with all levels of users, customers, managers, subject matter experts and technical individuals including working through difficult situations in order to achieve successful outcomes.
- Experience developing test approaches/plans, scheduling releases to system/regression environments and creating production implementation plans.
- Technical experience with relational data bases and SQL ad-hoc queries/reporting.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, Power Point, Visio
- Development Methodologies: Agile, Iterative, Incremental, Phased, Waterfall
- Analytical: Project Management, Requirement Gathering, Business/Technical Specifications, Unified Modeling Language UML Artifacts, Use Cases, User Stories, User Interfaces, Business Rules, Context Diagrams, Current/Future State Workflows, Swim Lanes, Activity Diagrams, Gap Analysis
- Facilitation: JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts, Business Partners Technical Analysts
- Testing: Test Approach, Test Plans, Quality Center Defect Tracking, User/Customer Acceptance
- Data Bases: Microsoft SQL Server, MS-Access, Oracle, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QMF
- Mainframe: TSO, ISPF/PDF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, File-Aid, VSAM
- Technical: Web Portal Applications, Automated Work Distributor AWD
- Data Warehouse: Data Analysis, SQL Queries, Evoke AXIO Data Profiling, Source to Target Data Mapping, Transformation of Business Rules, ETL Technical Specifications, Ad Hoc Reporting
Infrastructure Business Analyst Consultant Strategic Staffing Solutions
- Analyzed current state application infrastructure documentation, met with individual application subject matter experts to gather non-functional technical requirements and facilitated meetings with infrastructure technical experts in order to support the Windsor Data Center's effort to ensure that all survival critical applications are using replicated storage so their servers can fully recover in a new back-up facility in Lithia Springs, Georgia in the event of a disaster.
Senior Business Analyst Consultant Aegeus Strategy
- Analyzed Conifer's Informed Connect to your Health Participant web-based portal in order to become an expert quickly and developed a plan to add new features required by the State of Connecticut Comptroller's Health Enhancement Program.
- Met with sales/marketing subject matter experts and care management clinical staff to gather new business rules and eligibility requirements, created detailed business specifications and developed improved workflows including access to a medical synopsis report which highlighted a comprehensive picture of the clinical status of each participant and their utilization patterns as well as information on gaps in care.
- Worked with vendor technical experts to ensure all new features developed met business requirements and customer user acceptance testing expectations.
- Provided status reports to the program director and program management executive summary reports to the project management office.
Senior Business Analyst Consultant - Open Systems Technologies
- Worked with subject matter experts and business partners to gather business requirements, developed business and system specifications, created test approach strategy and detailed test plans including Vantage Administrative System test data requirements to add a new Worksite Universal Life product to CSC's Performance-Plus Agent Commission system.
- Developed a data repository master document containing Life, Annuity, Retained Assets and TPA attribute definitions, incoming source information and business mapping rules for use in the development of a large data warehouse for Lincoln's Unclaimed Property Initiative.
- Created complex Life and Annuity Death Claim workflows including swim lanes that outlined the steps of a resolution process of receiving a claim notification from Unclaimed Property Audit to the point of either locating and paying proceeds to a beneficiary or escheating funds to the state.
- Participated in Automated Work Distributor design sessions where the Life and Annuity Death Claim Unclaimed Property business workflows were transformed into AWD technical design workflows.
- Facilitated meetings with Treasury business lead to gather business requirements, created source to target mapping rules in order to extract abandoned policy information from the new Unclaimed Property data warehouse so that unclaimed funds are able to be escheated to specific states.
- Took the lead in developing test plans so that Unclaimed Property Automated Work Distributor functional testing were executed and completed under tight deadlines. Completed creating test scripts as well as overseeing other business testers, granted users access in Quality Center in order to log testing defects and participated in daily touch point meetings that monitored testing progress and defects.
Senior Business Analyst Consultant - Modis
- Met with pricing subject matter experts to develop detailed business requirements, rule calculations and data mapping specifications for several software development and methodology enhancement projects for the Actuarial Claim Experience Data Marts and related financial, analytical and projection tools.
- Worked closely with technical programming staff to address and resolve issues during development, created test approach along with detailed test plans and completed business acceptance testing under tight deadlines for several Actuarial Claim Experience Data Mart enhancements.
- Worked with outside data warehouse source experts and subject matter experts to review pricing data requirements, creating data mapping and data transformation rule specifications so that data can be extracted from the FACETS One-Source Data Warehouse platform and transformed and loaded to the Actuarial Customer Account Structure, Member Eligibility, Medical, Pharmacy and Dental Benefits and Claim Experience Data Marts.
Lead Business Analyst Consultant - Online Systems
- Analyzed the current mainframe based Offender Management System in order to become an expert and document the current state system including all CICS screens, tables, files, workflows and various manual processes.
- Facilitated meetings with subject matter experts and technical analysts in order to develop work flow diagrams and business specifications in order to document both the current and future state custody and prison management business processes.
- Designed new templates to facilitate documenting high level requirements, work flows, business rules, user interface mockups and detailed business requirement specifications for the new Offender Management System.
- Lead the requirement gathering effort by training, coaching and mentoring subject matter experts and junior level technical analysts to efficiently gather custody and prison management functional and non-functional requirements for the new Offender Information Management System.
- Facilitated walk-through sessions with business partners in order to arrive at a common agreement as well as sign-off of all business requirement documents for the new Offender Information Management System.
- Assisted with the development of a Request for Information RFI document that focused on key Commercial-Off-The-Shelf COTS solutions consisting of offender custody and prison management functionality.
- Worked with subject matter experts and developers to quickly develop and implement a new Inmate Overview Sheet for use in all eighteen correctional facilities using the Agile Software Development Methodology in order to decrease the amount of paperwork used during the inmate transfer and court trip process.
- Gathered business requirements, developed system specifications, created test approach strategy and test plans to add four new Phoenix 2007 Term Portfolio Life products to CSC's Performance Plus Agent Commission system.
IT Business Analyst Consultant - System Dynamix and HTSC
- Met with subject matter experts and business partners to gather mutual fund pricing, trading and settlement requirements, created Visio context and activity flow diagrams documenting both the current and proposed processes, constructed business rules, use cases, user interface mockups and developed detailed business specifications for the VIPSTAR/LAN Valuation Replacement Project.
- Facilitated meetings to discuss and walk through the new mutual fund pricing, trading and settlement business processes, functional and non-functional requirements, logical data model and system specifications to obtain customer approval and sign off.
- Worked with system architect, data modeler, user interface designer and developers in order to support the mutual fund pricing, trading and settlement solution design phase of the project.
IT Business Analyst Consultant
- Completed gathering detailed source requirements, participated in data modeling sessions and created ETL spreadsheet documents that mapped Membership source data to the Galaxy Data Warehouse target for a source company being integrated into Ingenix called Mid-Atlantic Medical Services Incorporated.
- Designed the transformation of business rules to support the development of the ETL process to populate Galaxy Data Warehouse Membership fact and dimension tables for the MAMSI data integration.
- Took the lead in developing a test approach document so that business analyst testing for the MAMSI Membership tables was completed in under a tight deadline. Supervised four business analysts while they completed test plan documents, conducted daily touch point meetings that monitored testing progress and defects and obtained testing sign off in less than two weeks.
- Facilitated meetings with Ingenix customers to review MAMSI member business specifications and test plans, addressed and resolved issues, and obtained customer acceptance sign off for the MAMSI source data integration into the Galaxy Membership tables.
- Participated in database modeling sessions and worked with the modeling team to develop new Galaxy Membership Demographic, Address, Enrollment and Scoring fact and dimension tables for a new source company being integrated into Ingenix called Ovations.
- Completed gathering source requirements, ETL source to target documents, created business rules and developed business specifications to support the development of the ETL process to populate Galaxy Data Warehouse Membership subject area fact and dimension tables for the Ovations Medicare Part-D data integration.
IT Business Analyst Consultant
- Met with subject matter experts and business partners to gather requirements, created Visio diagrams, use cases and screen mockups documenting improved workflows and developed detailed business specifications for the PAVE Exceed Client web based policy quote extension screens.
- Completed ETL source to target data mapping documents consisting of mapping data elements from the old mainframe legacy files to the new PAVE Exceed Client database, documenting business rules and designing data translation rules.
- Met with business partners and technical staff to gather requirements, created Visio workflow sequence diagrams, Use Cases and developed detailed business specifications for The Hartford's Personal Lines Computer Telephony Integration and Interactive Voice Response systems and how CTI and IVR will create accounts, members and contact history in the new PAVE Exceed Client database.
- Worked with outside vendor to ensure accurate data mapping to new schemas in accordance with ACORD standards.
- Facilitated meetings to discuss and walk through requirements, business and technical specifications, addressed and resolved issues, and obtained customer approval and sign off for the PAVE Exceed Client web based policy extension screens.
IT Business Analyst Consultant
- Met with business partners to gather requirements, created Visio system workflows, developed detailed business and technical specifications, evaluated options and risks and recommended best possible solution based on business benefits and needs to convert Travelers Life and Annuity responsibility codes to Citigroup expense cost centers.
- Developed business and technical specifications, constructed data mapping and business rules documents, created acceptance test plans and developed a production implementation strategy for the Variable Annuity Quoting Facility project.
- Facilitated meetings to discuss and walk through system specifications, obtained customer approval and sign off and created business acceptance test plans for the Annuity Beneficiary Expansion project.
- Met with business partners to gather requirements, developed business and technical specifications, data mapping and business rules documents, worked closely with technical programming staff and completed acceptance testing under tight deadlines for the Single Premium Immediate Annuity project.
IT Business Analyst / Developer
- Participated in data gathering and modeling sessions and completed analysis to develop a technical specification design for the Rate Capture System. Created ETL documents that mapped source data from the Provider DB2 database to the target IM T Health Care Data Warehouse.
- Took the lead in developing ETL source to target data mapping documents, technical specifications and Visio system flows and supervised two consultants while they completed work on over 50 MHS Health Care source conversion programs and data load procedures.
- Completed data migration analysis and developed a plan on how data from 35 source systems were going to be fed to the IM T Health Care Data Warehouse staging platform.
- Developed a cycle control solution that ensured data feeds from 35 source systems would be loaded to the IM T Health Care Data Warehouse correctly.
- Participated in data gathering and modeling sessions, completed ETL source to target data mapping documents, developed business and technical specifications by working closely with business partners, mentoring less experienced team members, completed unit, acceptance and systems testing and developed a timeline to implement a series of jobs to convert over 100 Health Care ePro DB2 tables to a new format.
- Assisted ePro Conversion Team Lead with creating project plan, coordinating resources, developing a test plan with expected results, scheduling releases and creating a production implementation plan.
- Created 25 very complex ad hoc QMF reports that were used to complete ePro web based acceptance testing under tight deadlines.