4 years of experience in business analysis, business requirements modeling and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications in the Energy and Transportation Industry Sectors.
- Sound understanding of Gap Analysis and the associated Risk Analysis
- Knowledge of existing product features and new feature elaboration using UML notations and swim lane diagrams
- Wide-ranging experience in the software development methodologies such as Agile SCRUM , RUP, Waterfall
- Expert communicator and facilitator with excellent interpersonal skills effective in interactions with business and technology teams as well as executive management
- Focused customer interaction for understanding business requirements and providing solutions to meet these requirements
- Experienced in managing various aspects of the software development lifecycle SDLC including requirements gathering, technical and functional design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Actively participated in requirement management and product version management
- Exposure to object oriented analysis and design OOAD , unified modeling language UML , use cases, UI development, usage models, layout and wireframes, test cases and end-user training
- Technical troubleshooting of the product including performance tuning using SQL Query Optimization and Java Garbage collection techniques
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development JAD and Joint Resource Planning JRP sessions with management, SMEs, vendors, users and other stakeholders.
- Experience working with the business users as well as the senior management for web-based, and client server applications.
- Strong communicator and problem-solver skilled at analyzing/eliciting business needs and transforming them into technical designs, applying technical skills and business knowledge to achieve sound results.
- Programming Languages Known: Java, C , C, C , nesC
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Red Hat Linux, Android OS
- Databases: Oracle 12c, SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL.
- Modeling/Requirement Mgmt. Tools: MS Visio, Rally, Rational Rose Data Modeler
- Project Management/Agile Tools: MS Project, Confluence
- Version Control / Content Management Tools: Subversion SVN , MS SharePoint
- Defect Tracking/Change Management Tools: JIRA Issuetracker, Rally, Bugzilla
Role: Business AnalystCompany
- Working with customer business users to gather and elaborate requirements, understand business objectives and infrastructure changes
- Working closely with the development teams to translate elaborated requirements into technical design
- Documenting and maintaining functional requirements FRD , business requirements BRD , custom workflows, product enhancements
- Use Rally Agile Development Tool and Methodology to create test cases and stories for defects and product enhancements.
- Designing UML use cases and screen prototypes based on user experience
- Preparing Use Case Diagrams swim lane , State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance teams to test bug fixes and enhancements and actively participate in regression and functional testing
- Ensuring that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines
- Customizing existing java code to automate several product function tasks such as import and export of data, startup tasks, alert notifications
- Writing SQL queries to optimize performance of multiple applications, and troubleshooting performance issues using Java Garbage Collection
- Performing code review documenting best practices
- Providing product/software support to clients involved in energy optimization and trading, energy accounting, Energy Trading Risk Management, Back Office billing and settlements
- Evaluate new tools and processes
Technologies: Java, SQL, Oracle 12c, PL/SQL, SharePoint 2010, Rally Agile Development Tool and methodology, Visio
Role: Jr Business Analyst
- Developing a .NET application Transit Assistant for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation ODOT
- Working with users to gather and elaborate business and functional requirements and objectives for analysis
- Documenting business BRD and functional requirements FRD using Wiki Docs
- Actively participate in regression and functional testing, user acceptance testing UAT , black box testing
- Documenting technical workflow and best practices
- Providing application support to end business users including schedulers
Technologies: .NET 4.0 framework, C , SQL Server 2008, Silverlight, Wiki Docs, BugZilla
- Technical paper on Mobile Police Force Applications published in the Computer Society of India CSI journal, May 2009 Issue.
- Presented a technical paper on Pre Boot Authentication at a national technical conference