- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and direct experience with testing, validation, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in root cause analysis, communication and mitigation
- Experience with incident, problem, task and bug tracking using Team Foundation Server TFS
- Experience with complex database design based on an Oracle Server
- Experienced in writing SQL queries and scripts to fetch, update, insert, and delete data
- Certification in IT Infrastructure Library ITIL Foundation - IT Service Management.
- Able to multitask and maintain composure in high stress situations and change priorities as needed
- Able to effectively build and sustain positive clients relationships
Operations Team Lead/Business Analyst
- Lead a team of five senior developers to analyze and resolve production issues in HCSIS Home and Community Services Information System , a Web-based application that serves as the operational system for all Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare program offices that support the Home and Community Based Services Programs and Medicaid Waivers.
- Operations Support
- Collaborate with developers to analyze and identify both short-term and long-term fixes for system issues.
- Escalate critical issues to management and communicate status of short-term fixes until resolution.
- Communicate business impacts and resolutions to clients in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Manage work item queue by delegating prioritized items to team and tracking implementation of fixes.
- Designated point of contact for client testing and inquiries related to weekly data fix iterations.
- Analyze issue trends and recommend long-term fixes to release management team.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors, and release management, DBA, and application teams.
- Team Management
- Lead team meetings to track work item process and create an open discussion on current issues.
- Collaborate with management to design and implement process improvements.
- Train new developers in the application, database, and data fix script creation and testing process.
- Project Planning
- Work with developers to define technical changes required to meet the client's business needs.
- Prepare project estimates, staffing plans, work plans, and documentation on functional and technical changes.
- Responsible for gathering requirements and implementing all system changes required for the fiscal year transition in HCSIS across four Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare program offices.
- Gathered business requirements and provided guidance on the fiscal year end process to clients.
- Collaborated with developers to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Built SQL scripts to modify table data for the new fiscal year.
- Executed scripts and validated changes in all testing environments, and supported all client testing.
- Built relations with external vendors and provided support for data extraction, report creation, and delivery.
- Wrote complex queries for internal data analysis as well as client requested reports.
Operations Analyst/SQL Data Change Analyst
- Led the analysis of offline batch issues and communicated business impacts and resolutions to clients and upper management in a daily report before the morning deadline.
- Delegated work items to production support team and ensured items met client requirements and target dates.
- Designated point of contact for client testing and questions related to weekly iterations.
- Created workflow diagrams and documentation for processes changes, issue resolution, and trend analysis.
- Maintained project work plan for the operations team.
- Wrote over one third of the SQL data fix scripts implemented in 2012 within a 6-person team.
Project Coordinator, IT
- Reviewed vendor reports, made suggestions on equipment needed and created final hardware order sheets.
- Established, maintained, and updated files, databases, records, and other documents.
- Designed layouts for future training rooms using Visio and created PowerPoint presentations to illustrate renovation suggestions for each site.
- Developed an understanding and working knowledge of life health products, policies contracts.
- Developed an operating knowledge of the customizable applications system.
- Categorized policies applicable for individuals and/or companies.
- Performed experiments while following strict procedural and safety guidelines, and documented findings in laboratory reports.
- Operated NMR spectroscopy machines and analyzed spectrographs for newly formed compounds.
- Modeled the lab's first virtual demonstration of a Ugi reaction as a class-teaching tool.
Software Applications: Microsoft Visual Studios, Visio, SharePoint, MapPoint, MS Office Suite, Wordpress, MATLAB, Maple