- More than ten years of solid, progressive experience in project management, business analysis, systems analysis and design in large-scale projects across multiple organizations
- Strong understanding of government agencies, middle-office and back-office trading applications, foreign exchange, fixed income and ACH space. Strong knowledge of Judiciary policies and guidelines.
- Extensive Business Analysis experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, and testing
- Expertise in requirements gathering through JAD sessions, direct user interviews, workshops, secondary market research, database analysis etc.
- Experienced in applying software engineering methods such as Waterfall, Rational Unified Process RUP and Agile in business analysis
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project features
- Highly independent self-starter with both a strong technical background as well as hands on experience with requirement management, functional specification and use case development
- Able to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment on multiple project tracks. An exemplary level of personal interaction skills during direct contact with users from all of the company's business units as well as being highly detailed and organized
- A complex thinker, analytical with strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Started career as a programmer, in Java/J2EE projects, extensive experience of working in the Java centric assignments
- Strong background in Business Objects architecture Business Intelligence , Content Management System and Data Warehousing systems.
- Hands on experience of graphic designing and web designing, created many web pages using web, HTML coding and SharePoint.
- Strong hands on experience of SharePoint. Used advanced features of SharePoint. Performed the role of SharePoint administrator
- Strong expertise in Data analysis, Data mapping, Data modeling and development of Databases for client/server applications and Data warehouse environments.
Requirements Management Tools
MS Word, MS Excel, Rational Requisite Pro, Mercury Quality Center
MS Visio, Axure, MS Paint, SnagIT, PhotoShop
MS Visio, iRise
Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Agile
Mercury Quality Center, Test Director
- Managed Project requirements, Scope, Schedule/Plan, Quality, and Resources
- Assisted supervisor in creating project plans, implementation plans, documentation deliverable plans and test plans
- Worked with project teams to ensure coordination of design, development, systems testing, installation, training and support activities are in place.
- Maintained project specific issues/risks/decision logs. Also managed conflict resolution and issues escalation
- Served as the primary point of contact for all communications with broad set of stakeholders
- Coordinated with technology team to manage the enhancements and build. Also managed all Go-Live, closeout, and transition to support activities
- Performed liaison between Business User groups, UX, Strategy and Technology teams in order to gather requirements and ensure quality solutions that deliver business results.
- Did extensive requirements gathering using interviews, document analysis, surveys, county visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Performed proactive communications and collaboration with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and created artifacts such as Requirements Documents, Use Cases, and GUI Screens.
- Created exhaustive wireframes and screen mockups using Visio based on the requirement gathering sessions. Kept it up to date as project progressed. Obtained feedback from business and gave it to ITO for development purpose
- Close coordination with ITO to explain the requirements, handle change requests and resolve defects
- Conducted and driven requirements gathering workshops/meeting with user groups. Took ownership, elicitation and documentation of business needs and business requirements
- Managed and developed the team SharePoint sites and SDLC based folder structure. Role of SharePoint administrator and assigned rights to other team members. Maintained documentation on SharePoint
- Capture notes from customer feedback calls and publish call results/minutes in team SharePoint also circulated minutes with the team
- Heavy contribution in testing. Wrote test scripts, test cases and test scenarios. Extensive use of HP ALM Quality Center to log/close defects. Active coordination with ITO/testing teams to resolve the defects
Sr Business Analyst
- Single point of contact between business, user groups and the technology teams, working closely with all the teams to gather the requirements deliver an enterprise-wide documentation set.
- Contributed in all phases of RUP inception, elaboration, construction and Transition
- Extensive experience of interaction with in-house and off-shore teams including front desk, operations, SMEs, end-users, QA, and developers
- Created Business requirements, Traceability Matrix in line with the RUP guidelines and standards.
- Gathered GUI requirements from end-users and stakeholders and translated those requirements into wireframes in MS Visio, obtained sign-off at the end of the process
- Followed closely Agile process engineering methodologies, arranged Scrum meetings and obtained documentation, QA and build status.
- Used Visio extensively to create complex diagrams. Created Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagrams, Architecture Diagrams and Network Diagrams, also reviewed diagrams created by peer writers.
- Did Data Analysis and also helped create Data-Mapping best practices document and trained team members on Data Mapping process and tools.
- Actively worked on large database maintenance activities including data modeling, mapping, development, integration, analysis and testing.
- Analyzed the incoming pricing feeds, extracted the data, and transformed into the system according to data warehousing concepts.
- Created web pages using HTML and XML and uploaded them on the SharePoint, also reviewed web pages created by peer writers in XML.
- Created many web pages and documents in HTML in SharePoint for different geographical audiences, also reviewed web pages created by peer writers.
- Lead analyst. Arranged and participated in series of meetings with product personnel to gather business requirements.
- Worked closely with Business to understand the flow of Transactions for the following Businesses: Foreign Exchange, Treasury, SWIFT and ISO20022.
- Arranged and coordinated JAD sessions with business, IT and senior management, resolved conflicts occurred in the meeting and brought everybody on the same page.
- Created and standardize training manuals, reviewed training manuals created by peer-BAs
- Created style guide and templates for training manuals
- Integrated and aligned COTS and RUP requirement gathering techniques
- Part of the team that evaluated how to include COTS guidelines into existing system
- Logical and Physical design of database for projects on basis of user requirements using ERWIN tool.
- Writing Complex SQL queries and optimizing SQL Queries.
- Created data type definition documents and data elements document according to data warehousing concepts.
- Analyzed, compared and mapped incoming pricing and reference data feeds.
- Described business rules in the engine to react faster to fraud while reducing false positives with anti-money laundering and fraud patterns.
- Involved in all stages of the SDLC, right from Gathering Requirements to Testing the Build, in this Data warehousing Environment. Heavy usage of Informatica tools
- As part of the UAT team, helped developers derive test cases and test scenarios from the client's contract and the user requirements specification.
- As part of the testing team, done final verification of the required business function and proper functioning of the system, emulating real-world usage conditions on behalf of client.
- Acted as a liaison between stakeholders: system users, clients and managers, who have a business problem, and software development team to gather requirements.
- Helped the business to articulate and prioritize their ideas, while using the Rational Unified Process RUP and writing UML-based feasibility studies and Use Case Models using MS Visio to communicate those ideas to the developers
- Represented analysts' team in the status meetings and provided documentation status to the senior management
- Implemented Data Mapping and Data Profiling techniques for performing quality check on ambiguous data sets and writing queries to answer various business questions using SQL and Excel
- Participated in the design, code and test plan walk through with the development and design team members, responsible for Defect tracking using Clear-Quest
- Coordinated the User Acceptance testing with the end users
- Shared workspaces and requirement documents by using SharePoint
- Created and edited documents in SharePoint
- Extensive experience of working on Data Warehousing and Integration concepts
- Involved in design, development and testing of the various GUI to view the data
- Responsible for creating test data in support of business cases and systems requirements
- Involved in writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems
- Created many UML diagrams including class diagrams, activity diagrams, and use case diagrams
- Involved in gathering and documenting the requirements that were critical to the business process and using those requirements to design application software using a Use Case approach.
- Created/published many business documents in SharePoint
- Retrieved and managed data by using retrieval, insertion, updating, and deleting functions of SQL
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications FRS and User Requirement Specifications URS for the IT people and Business Personnel.
- Verified the business scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team and also helped the testing team to expedite User Acceptance and regression testing to meet the production date
- Designed the business process model by grouping Use cases and other diagrams into sequence and collaboration diagrams with Rational Rose
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking and prioritizing defects and for enhancements after base lining the requirements