I have 20 years of experience in IT, demonstrating expertise in QA/QC and a commitment to continuously update and expand technical knowledge through advanced professional education and certification.
I also coordinate QC responsibilities and communicated activities and results thru the QA manager, PM, BA's, Development and Test teams. I work with managers in project planning and deliverables, requirements breakdown for testability, writing test plans for a high level view of test script coverage, test execution cost estimates and test personnel numbers for meeting timelines. I also issue testing status reports and chair defect meetings.
Technical Skills / Tools
RUP Rational Unified Process :
- Test Manager, Clear Quest, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Robot and Robot J
Automated Test Tools:
- Rational Test Manager, Mercury QTP, Mercury Quality Center, Cubic Test, Selenium
Defect Management Tools:
- Team Track, Rational Clear Quest, PVCS Tracker, Compuware Track Record, Mingle, Rally
- HP Quality Center
- Visual Basic / VBA, C, C , Java, AS/400-DFU, CL, SEU
Database Query Tools:
- MS SQL Query Analyzer, Toad for Oracle, PL/SQL, Altova XML Spy, My SQL
- MS Office, MS Outlook, Lotus Suite, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Visio, MS Project, Central
- Windows ME/NT/2000, XP, Active Directory, Win Professional / Win Ultimate 32 and 64 bit , Win 7 and 8, OS400 and MAC OSX
- MS IE 9, 10, 11, Firefox 10-26, Chrome 15-31, Safari and Opera
TutsPlus Online training completed: Ruby, Ruby On Rails, RSpec and Cucumber
- Test Lead over 3 existing classic apps and 1 new app in development with the primary test team based offshore in India for acceptance and regression testing. Testing is performed across multiple OS/Browser combinations, IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari .
- Perform defect and status reporting over test iterations with communications with my application developers in Columbus and the U.K. Defect reporting was done using with HP Quality Center 11 and Jira.
- Write new and update existing test procedures and I executed testing personally for enhancements, maintenance/emergency fix releases and exploratory testing. Test cases are written around database query expected and actual results.
- Issued end of testing analysis and sign off reports to management.
- Performing UAT requirementsanalysis, create and execute UAT scenarios for various CIM Customer Information Management FUSION projects.
- Used Mercury Quality Center tool for test script creation in Test Plan, script execution and metrics in Test Lab and defect tracking in the Defects tab.
- The applications are Java based and developed and tested within an Agile setting.
- Performing UAT requirements analysis, write and execute UAT scenarios for Web Auto Policy Internet Auto Express conversion to J2EE testing across multiple states and other related Agent applications.
- Monitored testing across development unit testing, integration testing, and system testing also to help ensure an acceptable handoff for official UAT.
- Used Mercury Quality Center 9.2, assisted in the QTP setup and review of automation scripts with the automation group for regression assurance of UAT criteria.
- Submitted and participated in daily defect review meetings.
- My emphasis was to help reduce the quantity of defects not being detected in phases prior to UAT and help to establish regression automation.
- This was an Agile project for both local and offshore team members.
Senior QA Analyst
- This was for outside clients in development of an HR, employee benefits and outreach referral application. Year-end testing effort .
- Wrote and executed system test cases, and handling defect resolution using Mercury Quality Center and also assisted with UAT test execution.
- Also chair in daily defect meetings and follow through to closure and sign off.
- Requirements analysis from initial completion to the final testing sign off.
- Check field validity and data mapping going into the CDB Consolidated Database and backend validation using PL/SQL for backend testing.
- Started initial implementation of QA processes, conducted reviews of automated test tools for eventual implementation and performed testing of ongoing projects of Cisco's network security applications.
- Application modules were written in Java and .Net and testing of reports in XML via Web services and database back end verification using MS SQL Server.
- This was an Agile environment initially using Mingle that migrated to Rally management tools for project tracking of test cases, defect tracking and metrics.
- Automated tools in review and implemented were Fitnesse in-use , Selenium, CubicTest and Concordion.
- The Concordion html specs and CubicTest were executed inside the Eclipse tool.
Senior QA Analyst
- This was a Nationwide Better Health and MetLife partnership project for the TOPS Time Off Planning System for Leave Management. This Leave Management System was MetLife customers.
- Wrote and executed system test cases, and handling defect resolution using Compuware Track Record and also assisted with UAT test execution.
- Also participated in daily defect meetings between NBH and MetLife and worked closely with the Test Lead to maintain testing methodology.
- Requirements analysis from requirements completion to the final testing sign-off.
- Check field validity and data mapping going into the CDB Consolidated Database, and backend validation using PL/SQL for backend testing.
- Enter and submit test claims for INJURY, ILLNESS and ILLNESS DUE TO PREGNANCY and validate the RTF file from the output data and the XML Schema file are matching for input and output data via Web services. XML validation was performed using Altova XML/SPY.
Senior QA Test Lead
- This internal project SOCS Span of Control Services project is created to maintain the organizational and position hierarchical relationships of Nationwide personnel for a project already under way.
- Wrote test and executed test cases and review use cases and recommend addition detail for testability plus managed testers.
- Test case, defect management and daily metric reports to management and the project team were issued using Mercury Quality Center.
Senior QA Test Lead
- Test management of Asset Center asset management application for various lines of business worldwide.
- Wrote test cases for functional and systems testing.
- Test case and defect management, and execution of test scripts, regression test and initial smoke test were performed using Mercury Quality Center and backend validation using MS Query Analyzer and Toad.
- Wrote test plans and chaired the testing kickoff and daily defect review meetings and assist with UAT.
- Worked closely with QA Manager and PM to implement and move toward testing methodology process.