- A skilled and experience Business Analyst with in-depth knowledge of business processes in insurance, industries. Possess total 8 years work experience that includes 7.2 years in insurance P C/ General Insurance . A thorough understanding of software development lifecycle SDLC including but not limited to the various concepts such as requirement gathering, experience in customization and maintenance of client server and web based applications. Posses a detailed oriented nature with excellent communication and interpersonal, problem solving skills and recognized for being a valued team player.
- Proficient in all phases of requirement management, including gathering, analyzing, detailing and tracking requirements.
- Experienced in documenting requirement using UML use case and activity diagrams , also building process flow charts using tools such as Visio.
- Skilled at reviewing test cases making sure they are in accordance with requirements and assist the overall testing process by activities such as change and defect management and conducting user acceptance testing UAT .
- Good understanding of various SDLC methodologies such as RUP, Waterfall and Agile with hands on experience on them.
- Excellent communications skills and adept at facilitating walkthrough and training sessions.
- Good understanding of BABOK Business Analysis Body of Knowledge concepts
- My experience is based out on my exposure to various insurance applications like Subscribe Policy Administration System , XL Global Claim System Claim Application , GENIUS Claims module and WINS Claims Module .
- P C Insurance Claims System, Policy Admin System
- Requirement gathering, Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specifications and getting business Approvals.
- Conduct Requirement and JAD Joint Application development sessions.
- System Integration testing, UAT, Regression Test
- Raising Change requests as appropriate.
- Design and Estimation.
- Data Analysis using SQL queries and MS Excel.
- Reporting Timely Status to Client Senior Management.
- Excellent professional relationship client and other vendor teams.
- Work closely with Development teams.
- Attention to detail.
- SLA Management
- Operating System MS Windows, DOS
- RDBMS MS SQL Server, Sybase
- SDLC Methodologies Watefall, Agile
- Software Eng Tools MS Office
- Web Technologies XML, HTML
- Modelling Tool MS Visio
- Defect Tracking HP ALM QC
Insurance Applications Knowledge:
- Policy Admin System: Subscribe, GENIUS, WINS.
- Claim System: ACCS Accenture claims component system , XL Global Claim.
Role : Business Analyst
- Subject Matter Expert SME of the XL Global Claim System Accenture CCS .
- Interacts with source system business users to gather and analyze the requirements, create business requirement Documents and obtain business approval, perform system integration testing and provide UAT support to business team.
- Perform ROM estimation of the proposed enhancements.
- Conduct Meetings and Q A sessions with Business users for requirement gathering.
- Conduct requirement walk through sessions of business/ functional specifications for offshore BA team, technical/ development team based out in India resolve their queries.
- Review System test plan prepared by the testing team. Prepared during development phase System Test Conditions/ Scenarios.
- Good understanding of SQL queries, XML's.
- Defect investigation, RCA create change requests/ enhancements.
- Co-ordinate and Perform Regression testing.
- Co-ordinate delivery of business critical projects that involved teams in different locations and geographies.
- Conduct training sessions for the client BA team on functional work flow of the claim system, Integration layer and Legacy Systems GENIUS, WINS, Subscribe .
- Create functional/ Technical specifications documents.
- Provide walkthrough of these documents to the Development team.
- Perform smoke test of the application releases .
- Resolve functional queries raised by the development teams.
- Co-ordinated design and development of an EDI interface and its integration with the PAS. I also had involvement in the claims and RI reinsurance side of the application.
- Attend support meetings at client office's in Lloyd's of London on weekly basis.
- Provide support to end-users in understanding the application workflow.
- Act as an interface between business users and the development team for support related issues.
- Assist Delivery manager in creating release plans and gets it approved from client.
- Responsible for handling maintenance releases of the application through out its cycle until the go live.
- Perform UAT at client offices along with end users.
- Create SQL scripts for the data fixes and code fixes for the maintenance release related issues.
- Responsible for gathering requirements for the new enhancements, taking part in producing conceptual designs along with client insurance/RI practitioners and creating functional specification documents and get them approved and passing them to technical teams in offshore for development.
- Create Source version control document, incident reports and maintaining RTM's requirement traceability metrics .
- Create MOM Minutes of meeting and share them with the attendees Client IT manager and NIIT Delivery Manager .
- Resolving windows XP operating system related issue
- Documenting service request resolution documents to keep tracks of the service requests and the resolution provided.
- Providing tips to new team members about the effective way of customer handling techniques and maximum usage of available resources.
- Ensuring that team members are effectively using TKS time keeping system and doing the time punches correctly.
- Providing information to customers about Microsoft latest software updates and hot fixes.
- Providing answers to customers queries regarding Microsoft new launch windows vista in 2006 .