Confidential is a Senior Quality Assurance Specialist with over twenty years 20 of combined experience as Test Manager, Agile Test Lead, Performance Test Lead, QA Lead, Business Analyst, Software Engineer and Programmer/Analyst. He is a specialist in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Agile Testing. He has performed tasks related to Requirements Management, Test Planning, Test Strategy, Test Execution, Security Testing, Performance Testing, Testing Metrics and Defect Tracking using ALM, Quality Center, QuickTest Pro, Load Runner and JIRA. His background includes data warehousing using ETL, Informatica, and Cognos tools. He has substantial experience with Retail, Insurance, Financial, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Public Sector industries. In addition, he is a Certified Software Quality Analyst and Certified Scrum Master.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Languages: SQL, Progress
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
Related Skills: Agile, Scrum, Application Lifecycle Management ALM , Quality Center, JIRA, JMeter, SoapUI, QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner, Keynote, Rational Team Concert, Rational composer, Rational Quality Manager, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest, StarTeam, MS Office, MS Visio, Segment Studio, .NET, Informatica, ETL, ASP
Certifications: Certified Software Quality Analyst CSQA QAI
Certified Software Test Engineer CSTE QAI
Certified Software Quality Engineer CSQE ASQ
Certified Scrum Master CSM Scrum Alliance
- Worked with ICC assigned to BMW in Regional IT alignment RITA Contract Management System CMS to define the Business Requirements of BMW Mexico.
- Create Use Cases of the current systems in BMW application used in USA Express and Panacredit application used in BMW Mexico and created new business requirements for the new system.
- Created the test goals for Business Proposal for all use cases.
- Worked with Quality Center to add the functional requirements and test goals in the Test Plan.
- Worked with QC Admin to customize requirements and test cases to add new fields to help to manage the test assets in QC.
- Created test cases using Behavior Driven Development BDD for RITA CMS.
- Worked on test planning and test execution for December 2014 Release for Credit Reporting and Payment Deferral systems.
- Worked with ICC assigned to First Niagara Bank in Business Intelligence project powered by Informatica ETL tool to populate FNFG data warehouse from source systems using Agile Methodology.
- Worked with ALM as Defect Coordinator to assign to development team, follow up on open defects and assign back for retesting and closing by testers and end users.
- Created custom fields in ALM to manage defects for root cause, defect type, project, component, and other fields.
- Worked with development team to find the root cause of defects in ETL.
- Worked with development team to coordinate the Unit Test cases and publish in SharePoint by sprint for each release.
- Created reports for open defects and keep development and management informed of defects by status and severity.
Performance Test Lead
- Worked with ICC in partnership with Accenture assigned to Ohio Public Employees Retirement System OPERS , Our Way Forward OWF - Compass project to provide one interface for all member, retiree and employer data.
- Created Performance Testing test plan and test scripts using JMeter tool for Baseline Testing and Load Testing, the goal was to support 500 external users and 500 internal users.
- Executed test scripts, created performance defects and created test results to keep development and management teams informed with timely performance results and deploy to production on project schedule.
- Created consolidated Performance Test results using MS Excel with aggregated data to analyze the trend of response time by date and by number of users.
- Used CA Wily for monitoring tool to analyze CPU, Memory, Web Services, and Garbage Collection performance extracted SQL queries to analyze performance response time.
- Project architecture included: User Interface .Net servers, IBM's BPM Java servers, mainframe zLinux servers with DB2 and interfaces to legacy systems.
- Worked with ICC assigned to Huntington Bank in Commercial Risk Rating System CRRS project. Created Behavior Driven Development BDD test cases and used IBM Rational Team Concert RTC, Rational Composer and Rational Quality Manager for test strategy.
- Helped to manage the test automated scripts using Cucumber and Ruby for Automation Testing and Regression Testing.
- Used Agile Testing and Scrum Methodology, managed test automation and manual BDD test cases to deliver project sprints and releases in an Agile Development project. The development Architecture of CRRS used Java and Oracle database Used Excel to validate the financial calculation of Risk Rating models.
- Worked with JMeter tool to execute performance testing using SoapUI web services and created performance test results.
- Participated in Sprint Planning, Release and Retrospective meetings created test status reports and conducted defect meetingsto manage the project quality.
- Worked with HP State and Local Government to lead the testing team during system test. The STARS project was a 50 million multi-year project. Created charts and status reports from HP Quality Center for Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defects. Used SoapUI XML to perform interface testing web services.
- Created test strategy and test design for different modules including Global Security, Documents Management System, Workflow, Returns Processing and Case Management.
- Led the team in the test case creation, review and execution of test cases for Functional Testing, Security Testing, To Do Testing, End to End Testing, Volume Testing and Batch Testing. Led the testing team to achieve test coverage from test cases to requirements and assisted in Defect Triage meeting for defect management.
- Worked with conversionand reporting teams to validate the converted data in STARS application from legacy systems. Worked with Agile testing and Scrum to create Behavior Driven Development BDD test cases.
- The STARS project used Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management ETM as code base and the ODT was applying customization for the state of Ohio business rules. The test plan includes about 8000 test cases and the requirements were more than 15,000.
- Created daily and weekly test metrics of system test and UAT, extracted data from Quality Center into Excel to create daily dashboards for test creation, test execution and defect management. Customized Quality Center Administration to add custom fields and custom code.
- Worked with HP State and Local Government to manage the testing efforts in system testing and user acceptance testing. ERIC was 30 million multi-year project.
- Created testing plan for system test and UAT, including test calendar for all planned test scenarios. Prepared daily, weekly, and final test results for system test and UAT to management and client.
- Provided support for test execution on different environments integration, system test, UAT and production on the Tax Unemployment Insurance UI project called ERIC for ODJFS.
- Created and maintained project deliverables such as System Test Plan, User Acceptance Testing Plan, UAT Calendar, System Test Results and User Acceptance Testing Results.
- Provided support on ClearQuest to manage defects and test scenarios. Collaborated with management to achieve project testing goals. The testing assets in the project were around 200 use cases, and more than 4,600 test scenarios. Managed testing meetings with client, business analysts and developers to achieve the test plan and monitor test progress.
- Provided the queries in ClearQuest to get status on test execution and open defects for system test and UAT. Provided test results, test status and metrics to management and client. Coordinated the testing efforts between the different project teams including infrastructure and security engineers, developers, testers, business analysts and trainers.
QA Lead/Business Analyst
- Worked with HP State and Local Government in partnership with Accenture and Revenue Solutions Incorporated RSI on the Tax Unemployment Insurance UI project called Employer Resource Information Center ERIC for Ohio Department of Job and Family Services ODJFS .
- As QA and BA for Registration module, created and maintained project deliverables such as System Requirements Design SRD , System Requirements Specification SRS , Use Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases.
- Based on Rational Unified Process RUP and Unified Modeling Language UML worked on main project modules such as Rate, Registration, Monetary Accounting, Monetary Payments, Compliance, Collections and Common Functions. Created scenarios or test objectives to break down the use cases, specifications and business rules in testable requirements.
- Participated primarily in project documentation reviews, requirements management, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, user acceptance testing and defect tracking. The goal of ERIC project was to provide collection of taxes based on experience rate to manage unemployment insurance for contributory and reimbursing employers.
- Tasks included create and review test scenarios, test cases and test results, defect management using ClearQuest, automation testing using QuickTest Pro, and performance testing using LoadRunner.
- Worked with Covansys at Reynolds Reynolds Research Park in Kettering, OH for the Accounting Recovery project and Accounting Resonate Project ARP for RGSS as Quality Assurance Coordinator of both testing teams: Onsite QA team and Offshore QA team in Bangalore.
- Created test plan and executed manual test cases in the Accounting area for RGSS includingAccounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cash Management, Purchasing, and Reports. The goal of RGSS is to provide an integrated system for all the dealership business process in the automotive industry similar to ERP.
- The project involved Sun Server, ASP Pages, and C . Worked directly with TestDirector 8.0 for requirements, test planning and test execution upgraded to Mercury Quality Center, Rational QCM/QTS and StarTeam for defect tracking and ClearCase for document repository.
- Tasks included integration and system testing and participation in review meetings to validate functional requirements and product design specifications to create test objectives, scenarios and test cases. Created test plan for effort estimation based on metrics and plan for testing resource allocation and work load distribution in both teams.
- Worked with Covansys at Ohio Department of Job and Family Services ODJFS in Support Enforcement Tracking System SETS project. Executed manual and automated scripts forCase Intake, Support Enforcement, Financial Management, Case Tracking, Paternity Establishment, etc.
- The project used IBM Mainframe and COBOL and I directly used Symphony as in-house Testing tool and QARun from Compuware for automated scripts.
- Tasks included mainframe testing and execution of functional scripts during specific dates on different testing cycles to validate that sequence numbers were not generated throughout the system.
- Worked with Covansys at Ohio Department of Education, ODE in Ohio Education Directory System Redesign, OEDS-R project as Technical Analyst prepared an Application Conversion Plan.
- Used technologies and tools including .NET, ASP,Informaticafor ETL, Oracle database on OpenVMS, SAS for data quality, ERwin for data modeling, and TestDirector 7.6 for requirements, test planning, test execution and defect management. Used Keynote for load testing and Open VMS for DCL scripts to identify COBOL and SAS programs using the legacy flat files to convert.
- Prepared test plan and executed test cases. Prepared scripts in Keynote for performance testing and verify that the newly created Web application will be able to support 550 concurrent users simultaneously. Created Performance Testing reports.
Senior QA Engineer
- Worked as System Tester for an implementation of ReactIR for In Situ Analytics ISA formerly Applied Systems Inc ASI scientific division of Mettler Toledo corporation. The ReactIR application was a scientific application that uses a reactor to create spectrum files from the reaction held is a vessel.
- The application was created in C and used MS Access 2000 in Client/Server or Stand Alone mode.
- Worked with TestDirector 7.5 and WinRunner 7.0 for manual and automated testing, executed test cases for functional testing, test scripts for regression testing, reported test results, and identified application errors during system test to project leader and development team.
Senior QA Analyst
- Worked as System Tester for an implementation of DealerKid in Reynolds and Reynolds. The purpose of the system was to provide to auto dealers an integrated system including customer care, car inventory, sales management, pricing information, contacts information, prospect information, bulk mail management, and interfaces with accounting system.
- Executed the test scripts, test cases, and test steps for the system. Reported the status and identified application errors during system testing to project leader and development team. This was done using a third party tool called Aardvark.
- Worked as QA Manager for the Child Support Territory Automated Reporting System for Virgin Islands. PCSD Paternity and Child Support Division was an agency responsible for Child Support Enforcement for the US Virgin Islands. The purpose of CSTARS Child Support Territory Automated Reporting System was to help the PCSD - US Virgin Islands locate absent parents and recover child support obligations from them using available enforcement methods.
- Executed the test scripts, test cases, and test steps for the system and reporting the status and identified application errors during system testing to the project leader. This was done using an in-house tool SPECTRA. Also involved in some data conversion activity.
- Worked on a Data Warehouse Planning and CRM Integration project participating in the tools recommendation for a Data Warehouse including Data Modeling, ETL, Data Quality, Database, Business Intelligence, and Data Mining.