- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to converse, liaise, negotiate and relate with a wide range of personalities from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- 7 years of diverse experience as a Business Analyst in Insurance and Financial services focusing on areas like Business Analysis, Business Modelling, Requirement Gathering, Technical Documentation , Accounting , Financial Reporting and Review. Excellent communication skills with ability to perform individually and as a part of a team.
- Well versed with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC including but not limited to the various concepts such as Requirement Gathering. Proficient in Requirement management, including gathering, analyzing, detailing and tracking requirements.
- Strong understanding of Fundamentals of systems analysis and practices of accounting and payroll systems .
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mock-ups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, and ROI analysis.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing UAT and documentation of Test Cases.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development JAD and white board sessions with Business Users and Tech Lead to obtain domain level information of project by Requirement Management Methodology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, able to quickly evaluate project needs and provide appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Member of International Institute of Business Analysis IIBA , Seattle area, WA
MS SQL, Oracle SQL, MySQL, Teradata
OBIEE 10.X, 11g
Business Modeling Tools
MS Visio, Rational Rose, UML language
Requirement/Project Management Tools
JIRA, SPIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case , MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, ,
Documentation Management Tools
MS SharePoint, Visual SourceSafe , Version 1 , Quality Assurance
Unix and Windows
- Elicit and document Functional Requirements, Technical requirements and infrastructure requirements using Use Cases, User Stories, Rule Specifications and other requirement Artifacts.
- Participated in the requirements analysis and design of the different core components including the Premium Calculator, Enrolment and the E-Signature component.
- Provided regular status updates to project managers and stakeholders.
- Organized and participated in JAD sessions.
- As part of agile implementation, conducted standups, scrum meetings, prioritized user stories based on the requirements gathered from business, validated those user stories and translated those to development team.
- Gathered and documented business requirements from SMEs, user groups and vendors via workshops, interviews and surveys.
- Actively involved with PM in developing Timelines for Project Delivery and Managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Developed the training material for functional and process improvements.
- Actively participated in User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared and Reviewed BRDs, FSDs and TSDs.
- Facilitated training sessions and created User guides and How To power point presentations of product features.
- Facilitated JAD sessions, user meetings, interviews and Requirement Elicitation Sessions to extract business requirements.
- Documented client functional requirements to meet initial and ongoing implementation objectives
- Careful tracing of BRDs and ensuring that they are aligned with UI from the initial stage itself while substituting legacy systems.
- Proper use of RTM Requirement traceability matrix so as to capture all the features of the project.
- Performed application functionality UAT experience i.e. front-end application testing in a controlled testing environment that replicates the end user usability of the application.
- Discussed and documented post implementation summary with senior management regarding Gaps found during the project.
- Requirement Analysis, High level design, Requirements Mapping, Business Process Design, Schedule and Task tracking, Use Case Review, Detailed level design.
- Model the objects based on Business Requirements. Created Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagram and Sequence Diagrams etc. using Microsoft Visio.
- Lead delivery team for development and testing. Mentor team to build competence.
- Prepare High Level Logical Data Models and BRDs containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions and descriptions using UML methodology.
- Worked with the business users to define business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions. Also worked with the Business users, tech leads and 3rd party vendors in gathering their requirements.
- Co-author BRD with project teams. Extracted, discussed and refined business requirements from business users and team members.
- Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, Analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational Rose requisite pro - RUP
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Assist project managers with the development of project schedules. Develop requirements and preliminary design for client applications. Perform analysis and design projects using a systems development methodology. Work with all levels of client staff in solution definition.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
Jr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed and reviewed business service applications, built functional requirements for existing functionalities. Worked closely with Customer Service Reps.
- Performed impact analysis. Worked with clients, management, technical and non-technical personnel to create use cases.
- Created Business requirements for new reports and reporting needs for the existing reports.
- Organized JAD Sessions to collect requirements from Subject Matter Experts SMEs and prepare business requirement and Technical requirements that provide appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Scheduled conferences, JAD sessions, participated in negotiations, set/create/resolve issues and created meeting minutes. Worked closely with stakeholders and SMEs for requirements gathering.
- Created Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Flow Diagrams, using MS Visio. Worked on documenting the reporting requirements and mapping it to external vendors existing requirements, also documented any Gaps.
- Uploaded requirements in Requisite Pro. Logged Gaps, Issues and Risks in Clear Quest
- Assisted in Business Acceptance Testing.