Sr. Business Analyst with a strong technical background across business verticals seeking similar position either fulltime or contracting. My strengths include systems requirements analysis and risk assessment, documenting functional and technical requirements, testing documentation, as well as Use Case and Trace Matrix type documents. I also have project coordination and lead experience with managing project plans and technical teams, both on shore and offshore. I have specific domain experience in Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate.
Business Systems Analyst
- Lead BSA Business Systems Analyst at ESI Medco responsible for managing and leading BA's working on a mission critical multimillion dollar data warehouse migration effort between legacy ESI systems west to Medco systems on the east. Responsibilities included authoring strategic and tactical level estimates and risk assessment documentation, leading meetings and conference calls between technical developers and business users to mitigate areas of concern per requirements, collaborating with technical developers and BA's to map legacy data elements to their equivalent in the data warehouse. Key job responsibilities also entailed working with BA's and test teams to update requirements and test plans/ scripts, respectively, to ensure everyone is in sync.
- SQL queries to extract legacy data warehouse report data to compare against similar data in the new data warehouse. Data analysis work to ensure like for like functionality or where necessary, new build out / requirement needs to close gaps.
- Led key new RFP responses to Government DOD RFI for new system to house DOD claims history and reporting.
Business Systems Analyst
- Lead Business Analyst on the Connect2Compete project and responsible for analyzing and documenting system requirements, technical documentation for front and back end processes, wireframes for front end UI design, Visio process flows, gap analysis, authoring Use Cases, test plans and test scripts, interfacing with developers and managing the project plan
- SQL reporting to analyze system data to identify potential defects in support of unit and QA testing needs.
- Reporting tools such as Business Objects for creating canned or custom queries for ad hoc client requests on campaign metrics and performance.
- Lead Business Analyst on web based Offer Code Campaign management system that allowed cable and internet provider companies to create and manage their promotional services and discounted products to needy families via school vouchers. Worked closely with development team to ensure requirements were effectively met and quality was enforced.
Business Systems Analyst
- Authored functional and systems requirement documentation for Prudential's web based Net Interest Margin reporting application. This entailed interviews with business stakeholders, management, developers and operations as well as performing code walkthroughs, system architecture reviews and business process analysis to build a complete suite of project documentation in compliance with Prudential's protocols.
- Lead analyst for a new million dollar commercial real estate and property comparables appraisal system project called Knowledge Vault. Led effort through initial inception phase, user and functional requirements, and prototyping and design phases with business partner Argus, Inc.
- Key responsibilities included holding requirements gathering and analysis sessions with global valuations teams from ten different countries to harmonize disparate legal, business and cultural requirements specifications. Authored formal SDLC driven documentation deliverables including a: Communications Plan, Gap Analysis document, Scope document, high level User Requirements document, Functional Requirements document, Use Cases, Current and Future and System Process Flows and ongoing project plans.
- SQL Queries to ensure data completeness and accuracy in support of system testing.
- Responsible for interfacing across teams and providing a liaison role between global Cushman Wakefield Valuation groups and internal IT resources and project management. Also performed a liaison role between C W and the Argus development team to broker requirements issues and scope concerns and facilitate weekly joint review sessions.
Technical Systems Analyst
- Responsible for assisting Celgene with reengineering their SDLC model and approach with Centerline Partners. Represented Assistant Director and direct report for all Celgene EU projects
- Authored Systems Requirements Analysis and related SDLC Validation documentation including Architecture, Design and Configuration Specifications for Celgene's IMPACT, Celtrak, Key Opinion Leaders, Sales Incentive Program, European and Global Data Warehouse projects.
- Responsible for interfacing across teams and providing a liaison role between PMO team members and project managers, Change Control boards, Release Management and the business. Interfaced with technical development and architecture teams for systems requirements analysis
- Technical Project Lead for a joint Paragon-EMC enterprise records management project at Amgen, Inc. Responsibilities included authoring and co-authoring business requirements documentation, co-development of technical architecture, Records Manager RMA, RPS and Federated Records Services FRS software deployment, design documentation and technical leadership and supervision of all software development and requirements implementation. Interfaced with Amgen Business Analysts, Test teams, Operations, and management.
- Part of a strategic Content Management core team for driving new business via partnering with EMC and other Content and Imaging vendors. Direct interaction with high profile clients for the pre-sales and post-sales RFI/RFP response process
- Technical Project Lead for validated APPS Accounts Payable system. Responsible for managing and supervising project development and interfacing in the areas of Captiva, SAP and Documentum, leading group of 8 developers through release phases while authoring SRS, Technical, Design, Risk and Release management documentation
- Responsible for day-to-day management of all technical concerns and for their speedy resolution
- Successful and prompt completion of APPS 1.1 release, which included improvements to Documentum usability and workflow customizations as well as Imaging enhancements.
- Project planning and risk management of current and future releases
- Responsible for management and completion of technical documentation
- Interfaced with business users and managers, provided liaison role between technical groups, testers and business
- Responsible for a custom Kofax and Documentum project designed to image and store documents for client Sterling, Inc. Responsibilities spanned multiple areas of the project life cycle, including project management, analysis, design, customer interfacing, documentation, testing and support.
- Project lead and architect on new InputAccel / Documentum system for Prudential Investment Management. This included managing a pool of developers as well as drafting requirements documents with various users and managers. Responsibilities also included design and implementation of WebTop and RPS customizations.
- Project Lead on Zenith Insurance paperless initiative project which included consulting on the best strategy for leveraging strategic Documentum and Imaging technologies. Deliverables included 100 page custom strategy document, and implementation road map as well as implementation support. This strategy was later implemented enterprise wide.
- Led project team in the architecture and implementation of a custom Documentum workflow that leveraged web services for matching up order forms with customer data at Sterling, Inc.
- Responsible for requirements Analysis and Use Cases for Documentum/eDMS project 5.3 / 5.4 implementations
- Organized and managed Documentum infrastructure, administration and development teams and provided knowledge transfer and training of client personnel
- Worked with teams to architect custom WDK solutions, Documentum customizations, custom type objects, TBOs, SBOs, Documentum Jobs, Workflows and Methods.
- Interfaced directly with client for project documentation review and planning of eDMS requirements and architecture
- Technical liaison between client and EMC for eDMS support issues
Information Technology Consultant 02/06-07/06
- Provided consulting to Accoona, Inc. for engineering functional and technical requirements for search engine enhancements
- Developed alternative Accoona online support strategy, allowing sizable cost savings
- Worked with Accoona business team to improve existing search engine functionality
- Worked with Accoona development team for implementing new functional changes
- Web Development: HTML, XML, XSL, XSLT, WDK, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Databases: MS SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, MS Access,
- Content Management EMC Documentum 4/5/6, EMC RPS, RM, XML Applications, DQL, WDK, WebTop, Administrator, WebPublisher, SCS, DAB, DAI, Workflow Manager, BPM, TaskView, DCM, Composer, DFS
- Business Applications MS Office, Powerpoint, Visio, MS Project, Misc UML tools
- Operating Systems: Unix, Windows NT, 2000, XP, OS X