Experienced Business Analyst/PM with more than twenty years of IT experience working in the Retail /Banking environment with product owners, developers, and end-users on process improvement activities. Expert at systems analysis and requirement gathering, writing functional specifications, and preparing technical documentation using Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint . Experience in software development life cycle required SDLC . Analyze and evaluate proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs. Would like the opporunity for BA/PM projects. Able to coordinate JAD sessions for further strategic client relations, facilitation experience. Will travel 75 Local to Charlotte, NC.
- Retek Merchandising System , RETEK Core Technology ARI SAP/ Crystal Reporting Business Object , BEA Portal Web logic Server 8:1 Portal Administrator, Vista Reporting System Tomcat/Apache , Vista Plus Server/Java/ Windows Client Pro C, SharePoint, IP, BI, J2EE, MAGIC helpdesk system Cobol PL/1 DB2 Visual Basic CICS TCP/IP JCL MS Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 2000 MS DOS 6.x Microsoft Productivity Products OS/2 3270 Emulation LAN WAN environments CICS Mobius-Infopac VSE Visual Basic, Citrix Met frame, VMware Windows NT/2000/Terminal Server, Active Directory, Hyper V.
- Data Archival Systems/Programs and General Applications Tools:
- TOAD 8.0, IBM DB2, DbVisualizer 6.0, , JDBC, HTML, XML, SAS 9.13, SAS Enterprise Guide 9.0, - Sub-applications SASMAP, MFP,SAC , Oracle SQL AND PSL/SQL,PROC SQL , SQL Developer, Cognos, MS Access SQL , Unix- Telnet, Redhat Linux, WinSCP, PuTTY IBM S/390 9672-9674 , ASG Zeke VSE Scheduler AppWorx Scheduler / test, Oracle Data Warehouse, Client Access ODBC, Oracle ODBC, RDW-Data Warehouse MicroStrategy-BI, EBRIA, OBIEE , , Informatica 7.1- Workflow Management Power Center 8, JIRA , Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Access, Word , and PowerPoint, Oracle10g Database ,PVCS, Remedy datacenter helpdesk tickets
IT Business / Data Analyst Level II
- Analysed technologies, business areas, applications and provided proposal of solutions
- Data mapped various fields of data and performed data analysis for code blocks between several General Ledger systems such as Excel and Access
- Effectively communicated with all levels of management
- Assisted Project Managers with extensive Quality Center testing and defects development for Regression testing, SIT, and UAT.
- Accounting and Financial Analyst technical knowledge with Excel, writing simple SQL queries, and some auditing research
- Manipulated numerical data to create reports and general ledger entries
- Maintained and checked SAP Table Structures daily for errors.
- Performed reporting using database such as SAP, Oracle, Oracle BI Intelligent OBIEE
- FSR / Data Mapping /Code Block Finance Change Management dual post and LED work orders emails.
- Extensive Quality Center testing and defects development for Regression testing, SIT, and UAT
IT Business Analyst Level III/ Technical writer
- Gathering ground level BRD project requirements from business users working within Ariba, Clarity, and Power for the BI Intelligent group
- Wrote and maintained system documentation using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
- Gathered detail information from backend of Ariba Start Sourcing system for data analysis and platform usability for business intelligent dashboard
- Assisted Project Manager, Data Architects, and Oracle architect with information in creation of Visio designs, data modeling, logical designs, physical designs, and dimensional table formats
- Documenting and formatting control documents, HLD and LLD document designs. Analyzed client's business BRD/HLD's and prioritized Functional IT environment issues
- Worked within Quality Center storage for all newly developed tables for projects using existing Maximo tickets
- SQL experience using Proc/ PL/SQL within a Sql developer freeware tool and TOAD. Knowledge of Database star schema tables Ariba, Power, RDR and dimension tables.
- Detail understanding of relational databases used for DEV, SIT, UAT,Contigency and Prod and server hosting details
- Hardware instances included Informatica, MicroStrategy, Red Hat Linux, Oragle 11g
- Worked in both Waterfall and Agile development environments
- Create from an existing template and format traceability table matrix for testing to be exported into Quality Center environment SIT and UAT environments
- Created Visio work flow designs for failover migration/ deployment issues, supportive application documentation to map processes and share insight across organizations
- Created and implemented SLA's for Production, UAT, SIT, RDR-data dictionary and Contingency systems , Control documents and a variety of information on portal
- Maintained repository documentation Discovery and SharePoint sites
IT Business Application Analyst
- Gathered requirements for supported application and coordinated application systems development
- Supported test environments including populating DEV and TST with test data
- Analyzed project documentation written by other business units to ensure the requirements were testable and that the full range of system aspects were being tested
- Provided support to the Project Manager and LOB Manager for responses to client requests, deadlines, cost estimates, reviews of proposals, and contracts
- Coordinated and facilitated Change Control activities for Change Executives for all projects within the portfolio
- Provided support for the workflow system WMS for schedule and testing for data warehouse.
- Reviewed the Technical Writer's technical and user documentation to validate procedures
- Including:Retek Merchandising System, Retek Sales Audit , Retek Invoice Match, Retek Trade Management
- Support Oracle Relational Database Management Systems for RETEK RMS system applications
- Contributed to all supported application documentation to ensure they were updated and accurate
this included deployment guides, operational manuals, and configuration settings.
- Complied with IT policies, Information Security policies, and procedures
- Verified that deliverables met Information Secuirty requirements, SLA's and flowchart designs
- Utilized project planning tools
- Provided configuration and performance tuning of MicroStrategy reports, documents, and upgrades of MicroStrategy 8.01 and 9.01 and 9.02 series
- Served as the SharePoint /BEA Portal Administrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provided Control Room support for deployment weekend activities for the launch of the new requirements for BEA MicroStrategy-BI, RDW work flow System
- Used Oracle Support, Metalink and PVCS Polytron Version Control System source code libraries storage
- Wrote basic PL/SQL selects/scripts for extracting, reporting, and general checking of data/metrics
- Used ARIBA tables for Retek Oracle Active Retail Intelligence ARI application
- Served as the SME for systems in production to ensure stable, robust production environments