A senior geospatial / location intelligence management professional with experience in developing and implementing new geospatial technologies in support of core business programs. Experienced in building use cases, program and project requirements and budgets for business intelligence and asset management programs. Extensive corporate experience in managing staff and programs involved in deploying and administration of core programs involved in delivering corporate data products. Highly effective in integrating a wide range of technologies and management techniques towards achieving program, project and corporate goals.
- GIS and Remote Sensing: ESRI Software Series: ArcGIS Online WebGIS Services, ArcGIS 8.X 10.X,, ArcGIS extensions: Model Builder, Business Analyst Desktop and Enterprise, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Publisher, Interoperability, CartoPac, Maplex, Miner and Miner FM, and Uptime, SDE, GeoDatabase, MapObjects, SDK and ArcPad, Other geospatial applications: ERDAS, Bentley Microstation, and AutoCad.
- GPS: Trimble Pathfinder Pro, TerraSync, and GPSConnect, Magellan Mobilemapper.
- Relational Database Applications , and SQL, FoxPro, Oracle.
- Environmental Applications: Equis Suite, GIS/Key
- Other Applications: Uptime Reporting, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, Adobe Illustrator, CoralDraw, Freehand.
- Guided senior Business Technology Group management tasked with introducing geospatial concepts into existing business intelligence programs.
- Oversaw development of business uses cases for location based projects insuring they comply with the needs of business unit goals.
- Acted as a Technical Geospatial Architect in designing and deploying ESRI ArcGIS Online web map based geospatial tools.
- Reviewed the testing of new Geo-tools and validated their integration into corporate web based, GIS support applications .
- Responsible for the geospatial validation phase of the Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure MAOP Program used for transmission pipeline integrity management and government regulation compliance reporting for High Coincidence Areas.
- Worked with the staff of GIS Specialists and Integrity Engineers validating the transmission pipeline data used for planning capital improvement projects, and Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety. Administration PHMSA compliance reporting.
- Responsible for validating input of field data into the core GIS database.
- Managed the staff involved in field testing and integration of core software products into a cohesive application development suite.
- Responsible for assign staff to meet changes in program and software development to comply with newly identified markets.
- Oversaw the integration of software products for Apple- iOS and Android -Droid based devices, desktop console and cloud based data warehouse technologies.
RUBINOS MESIA ENGINEERING .
- Managed the GIS construction and facility management programs for the Chicago Department of Water. Upgraded the GIS training program used by the in-house engineers,
- Oversaw the GIS training classes for CDOW staff and third party vendors.
- Managed field data collection program for improvement of coordinate information on assets.
- Additional duties included creating a business analysis program using data from 311 CSR and multiple city-wide databases for tracking services events, and report production of professional grade maps, charts and graphics for internal and public reports requested by the Commissioner's office and senior CDOW management staff.
Transportation Data Management
- Oversaw the formation of a new geospatial consulting and services company to provide cost effective geospatial services using the latest cloud based technologies available.
- Assembled and managed a group of experienced professionals and firms in cartography, photogrammetry and geospatial analysis that comprise Ovello, LLC.
- Responsible for the following corporate programs:
- Creation of core Geospatial services for facility management using wireless applications.
- CAD and Text Ripper programs for creating geospatial referenced dictionaries from hard-copy and digital AutoCAD files and documents.
- SIGNS Program: A Software as a Service SaaS Program to manage highway signs for local governments to meet the Federal Highway Administrations 2012 Mandate.
- Established new geospatial services group comprised of re-trained internal surveying and CAD staff.
- Managed the GIS services to augment existing engineering and surveying programs supporting the regional and local government client base.
- Built business partnerships, negotiated contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements NDAs and Intellectual Property agreements IP with services and software providers.
- Initial results of new services was 400,000 in additional work on existing contracts.
- Hired as a Consultant to assist the Emerging Research Technology Team responsible for designing and documenting process flow of new software and database enhancements that impact core product databases.
- Project leader responsible for developing, documenting, and implementing work-flow processes for new features related to Advanced Driver Assistance Program.
- R D Project Leader on Globalization Project- conform core database to UTF-16 requirements, auto-transliteration of text into non-Latin languages.
- Senior Geospatial Technology Consultant in the North American Group reporting to the Vice President of Environmental Services in the Chicago office, responsible for management of AIS department overseeing project development in 26 North American offices with a combined worth of over 15 million dollars annually.
- Managed 3 regional GIS offices.
- Lead the team responsible for research, design and deployment of server based ESRI ArcGIS program for enterprise-wide environmental data management and data warehousing for investigative support.
- Negotiated contracts and intellectual property rights.
- Created core investigative data models for analysis on the effectiveness of environmental remediation systems.
- Reviewed and approved program budgets for all geospatial work done in the North American Group.
- Managed the programs that insured all data and database systems were compliant with ISO 9001, Department of Defense SDSFIE and USEPA data standards, placing the corporation 3 years ahead of the mandated deadlines.
- Reported to the President and the Vice President of Marketing. Responsible for researching markets, applications and services needed for the new GIS product lines and responsible for assignment management of Cartographic Staff.
- Implemented new technologies, such as the automated registration and conversion software for converting CAD files to geo-referenced data sets for new product line.
- Created new parcel based digital and hard-copy products and product lines from existing legacy data.
- Worked with corporate staff to develop two new markets within education and agricultural areas.
- Re-engineered Map Production and Sales Department work flow that resulted in an increase in productivity, product functionality and salability with no increase in staffing or operating costs.
- GIS consulting and mapping services to businesses
- Developed business accounts with Reader's Digest, Budget Rent-a-Car, and American Bike Trails, Clayton Group Services.
- Provided GIS services for assessing client geospatial requirements, resulting in contracting external services and data sources needed for client projects.
- Oversight and management of projects for clients.
- Senior Cartographic Consultant for Reader's Digest Children's Books. Consultant on numerous atlas products including the Children's Atlas of the World, a multinational publication now considered a standard in the atlas industry.
- International commercial map publishing company
- Managed and trained a staff of geo-researchers, designers, and production staff .
- Managed core corporate product programs: Encyclopedia Britannica-New International Atlas Series, Goode's Atlas of the World, Commercial Atlas and Marketing Guide.
- Oversaw the integration of new technological advances in digital mapping into the production work flow and product development processes.
- Created custom cartographic production procedures and cost estimates to meet product customization requirements.