I am an accomplished IT Project Manager with more than 14 years' experience in project delivery management, Business and Solutions Analysis. I specialize in managing complex system, product service development projects, cross functional and external external vendors, offshore resources teams and possess substantial experience in business processes. I also have substantial experience in advising Product sales teams in designing and delivering proof of concept solutions and managing roadmaps.
Summary of Current Responsibilities and skills:
- Strong project delivery management skills.
- End to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning,resource planning and project execution.
- Along with business initiatives, also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- Hands-on experience in leading multiple projects using Agile software development methodologies
- Worked closely with business and operations leadership, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
- Extensive experience in devising new Products, Solutions and proof of concepts for B2B and B2C web applications, enterprise systems contact center applications, supporting systems for business operations .
- Extensive experience in leading the engagement between Engineering and Business teams.
- Experienced in leading distributed development teams managing large scale web and enterprise applications.
- Hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, implementation plan.
- Problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- Responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- Worked closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in solutions analysis and design.
- Tracking project budgets to ensure that the project does not exceed allocated project budget.
- Strong people/team and vendor management skills with excellent exposure to RFP creation. Managing teams more than 20 team members.
- Impact Assessment Analysis of Risk on Major Project / Program Objectives based on Cost / Budget, Schedule, Scope, Quality, Staffing criteria.
- Provide project planning and tracking of multiple development, enhancement, and production support projects utilizing standard Project Management processes.
- Develop contingency plans to manage risks on an ongoing basis and taken a pro-active stance on risk management.
- Worked in Operations Management as per ITIL Standards Service desk, Incident Management, Problem management, Configuration management, Change Management, Release management.
- Experienced in providing technology guidance to product management and sales team in vendor/partner meetings and in devising new product proposals.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with business leads and technology team colleagues.
- Effective communicator and presenter using visual documentation tools such as Visio, Exceland Powerpoint.
- Well versed with Microsoft Project including server edition and Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced in leading assessments for projects in business case stage and help driving business leads in taking program management decisions.
- Business Skills: Project Management, Solution Analysis Design, Technology Strategy and Planning, Online Marketing Display, Search Social Media , Budgeting and Financial Management, Change Management, Business Process Analysis, Business Process Governance, GAP Analysis, Workflow Design, IT Best Practices
- Presentation: Microsoft Office Suite: MS Project, Word, Visio,Excel Advanced , Axure BluePrint.
- Development: Iterative Methodologies - Agile Development, Waterfall Methodologies, Rapid Application Development RAD , Software Development Lifecycle SDLC .
Technical Skills: Java technologies Java - JCP certified, J2EE, JMS, Spring, Hibernate , Web services SOAP REST , Microsoft Technologies .NET, C , ATG ecommerce platform, Mobile Technologies Android, Objective-C, Swift, Phonegap , Web Technologies HTML, CSS, Java Scripit , Project management Tools MS Project, Rally, BluePrint, HP ALM, MQC UML modeling, Scripting Languages Unix Shell scripting, PHP and Python Databases Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL .
Sr. Project Manager
- Extensive collaboration experience with other IT delivery managers to manage scope and expectations, including facilitation of change management and documentation. Trusted advisor for business partners for new products proposals, resolving technology issues and mentor them on use of new tools. Researching and evaluating alternative solutions for their business impact and create proposals to meet business needs. Had extensive experience in establishing partnership with sales, Product and client management in designing and delivering solutions for Affinion's clients' needs. Provided the high level design framework for developing custom solutions for web based marketing, membership and loyalty applications. Worked with Pre-sales and client engagement teams in addressing RFPs from technology management perspective and driving discussions from solution options. Successfully managed and delivered multiple large cap projects of over 1M involving cross-organizational teams, vendors, clients and offshore-onshore teams. Worked with multiple financial clients in co-ordination with Affinion's client and sales teams for online, direct-mail and In-branch marketing efforts and successfully delivered associated projects. Led technical teams in gathering requirements, conducting JAD sessions, scoping, proposing solutions and leading assessment efforts. Share business strategies and vision with enterprise architecture team, influencing decisions on new enterprise services, product features and promoting innovation. Worked effectively at all levels of Business Units engaged in projects with senior executives, business managers, engineering teams, testing teams, and one-shore teams.
- Overseeing budget for all the assigned projects to see if they are over or under running. Working with project team in Scoping, planning, initiating and controlling the project. Reviewing project plans developed by respective project managers and performing timely review of each project till completion. Performing risk assessments and their associated risk mitigation actions. Discussing impact on the existing project and providing timely solutions. Communicating relevant project information, status updates and recommendations to the management team.
- Executed multiple Product and vendor integration development projects using Agile methodology, working with cross-functional and external organization teams, leading the initiatives in a Scrum Master role.
- Responsible for managing the IT projects within the Online Protection membership products. Responsibilities On-boarding IT projects which are at various stages development, maintenance and enhancement . Worked on multiple projects of varied budgets 25K to 1MM and varied domains ecommerce, web application projects, enterprise services development, CRM applications, data warehouse deployment projects, mobile application projects , driving them from inception to Warranty phases and leading to successful delivery. Arranging and planning meetings with corresponding front line business managers, business users, senior managers, other business analysts, internal software development resources, and project managers across time zones.
- Worked with diverse and varied functional environment.
- Planned resources that will identify the work load of each team member and assure that resources are available as required. Managed resources distributed at multiple locations including offshore
- Managed multiple projects Web applications, CRM internal systems on-site at GSI Commerce, managing onshore and offshore dev and QA resources.
- Worked on standardizing the PMO processes for the offshoring business model.
- Proactively reporting to management about potential problems/risks so that they can be resolved before they become insurmountable.
- Tracking project budget to ensure that the project does not exceed allocated project budget
- Interacted and negotiated with all the stakeholders of each project to achieve successful project outcomes around issues, scope, schedule and costs.
- Ensure deliverables, offshore coordination for projects. Lead cross-functional teams through all phases of projects.
- Engaged with top-level IT executives regarding staffing solutions at on-site and off-site.
- Managed and developed strong relationship with GSI commerce.
- Presented new project proposals to top and medium level executives at GSI commerce. Research and evaluate GSI's ecommerce product and related business processes for offshore outsourcing.
- Engaged with multiple business leads in gathering requirements, workflow design and project delivery planning.
- Leading the design and development efforts for fraud management applications.
- Worked with stakeholders in understanding and developing business cases, creating strategic approach for solution adoption.
- Managing the support activities resource allocation, support documents delivery and end user training .
- Reviewing Testing Strategies system testing and user acceptance test plans preparation
- Involved in the architectural analysis and software development plan.
- Use case modeling and development of system use cases.
- Requirements collection and Design, Analysis of the system wrote use cases and designed using Rational Rose .
- Creating and tracking WBS and project plan.
- Developed Wire frames, Data and Work Flow Diagrams. Satyam Computers Services Ltd, Hyderabad, India As part of Satyam Computers, I have worked with various clients Nokia Singapore, OCBC Bank Singapore, KG Telecom Taiwan, NWPCS Telecom Hong Kong in South and Southeast Asia as a consultant from Satyam. Client: OCBC Bank , Singapore Jan 2002 to July 2002 Sr Business Analyst / Project Manager Wealth Management Project: Portfolio management system which is used by Portfolio managers for creation, managing and validation of various portfolios Responsibilities:
- Requirements collection and Analysis of the new business process High level requirement analysis, level of effort involved and new data formats and convertibility and complexity analysis .
- Involved in testing the product at various stages and provided value added feedback to the development team.
- Worked on software development projects, involving in programming in C, C , Java on Unix environment and systems design.
- Worked on business process analysis, Re-engineering, and developing business use cases.
- Presented our mobile billing services and solutions to Asian telecom clients KG Telecom Taipei, NWPCS Hongkong .
- Executing the Business process re-engineering of corporate and finance divisions. Conducted JAD sessions with the stakeholders finance and corporate administrative personnel to analyze and identify the processes that need improvements.Responsible for user acceptance testing and user training.
- Involved in risk analysis of integration and customization of existing systems.