- Suresh has over 10 years in IT initially starting his career in Networking and moving to Business Analysis. He has functioned as a Senior Business Analyst and has experience in all phases of software development life cycle SDLC , including requirements gathering and documentation, use casing, functional specification, business case analysis, Data warehouse, Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Experience in interacting with business users and executives to identify information needs, gather requirements, and authoring Business Requirement Documents BRD , Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML modeling, Design documents, Project Plan, Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM across the Deliverables of a project
- Experienced in facilitating and conducting Joint Application Design JAD sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, clients, stakeholders and development team.
- Experience in working with various departmental teams, developing interactive relationships with business and IT colleagues, having a thorough understanding of the constraints, needs, and perspectives of both the business users and the technical team.
- Strong work ethic, taking ownership of all duties and responsibilities and meeting management objectives.
- Business Analysis: Requisite Pro, MS Visio, Share Point, Snagit
- Front-End Tools: MS Office, MS Project 2000, SSIS, SSRS, and Informatica
- Languages: SQL, UML, XML
- Data Bases: Microsoft Access, Teradata, MS-SQL Server 2005/2008,Oracle, Sybase,DB2 Domino
- Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro, Rational Tools
- Web: Web sphere, HTML, VB, ASP, Client-Server Programming
- Bug Tracking: Quality Center
Chicago, IL May 2012 Present
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
BCBS is the largest and most experienced health insurance company in Illinois, providing more than 7.3 million members with reliable and affordable health plans.
- Gather test data requirements from various downstream applications, create 834s, XMLs matching those scenarios, enroll members in RMAS VAS/VMS
- Test those members in VMS and follow up to make sure they are loaded to ODS MF ODS
- Gather test data requirements external vendors enroll members matching those scenarios, co-ordinate with extraction team and ensure it is sent out to the external vendor
- Process Orphan records to create XMLs sent by CMS
- Process very large numbers of Active and Passive renewals records to complete status
- Create very large number of up to 50K records for L P testing and trouble shoot for data related issues
- Conduct CiC impact analysis on BlueChip claims
- Co-ordinate, Escalate and conduct sessions across enterprise involving various teams to resolve data issues and to get results till the intended purpose of the created data is met and used by the applications which are testing
- Identify potential NGEN ACA impacted applications
- Conduct Brain storming sessions with Enterprise Architects, SA, IA and Application Managers and determine the Impact
- Independently support data requirements and related issues of upstream and downstream applications
- Coordinate and make the feed happen from the upstream to downstream ODS database
- Analyze the extract file for missing or wrong data and for the layout
- Using skills of the data relationship, data mapping and software components work with SSIS team to include the data in the extraction file to ODS
- Create BO reports of the issues for which Technical Bridge was setup
- Use analytical skills, logical reasoning, problem solving skills, clear concise verbal/written communication skills to resolve data issues including sourcing between consumer, service, database and the source
- Prepare and maintain environment master of 200 aps
- Gather Environment, new internal interface and HA requirements
- Query Sql server 2005/08 for capacity metrics and create a report
- Query DB2 database to look for Member IDs matching the data needs
Java, J2EE, WAS, Mainframe, WebSphere, Oracle 11g, SQL, Teradata , Quality Center, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Share Point 2010, SQL server 2005/08, Lotus Notes
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Walgreens is one of the biggest retailers in the U.S. and also one of the biggest employers of health care professionals.
- Project A- As a part of Cloud9 Walgreens initiative Lotus Notes applications migrate to SharePoint.
- Project B - Oklahoma C2C5 compliance project, which requires Walgreen to report certain Rx sales to a State Agency in real time.
- Project C- Oracle eProcurement is strategically aligned with Walgreens initiative to significantly reduce costs and boost productivity this will aid in the electronic acquisition of indirect goods and services as well Automation of transactional processes and workflows associated with purchasing.
- Project D ad-hoc project of data migration
- Manage 14 member team consists of developers, testers, analyzer and architects
- Monitor production related defect incidents, prioritize, complete impact analysis and assign and co-ordinate with the developer for a fix
- Determine Project goals and priorities with program manager and/or project sponsors
- Ensure that ad-hoc project of data migration to Audit database meet WebSOS expectations for quality and timeliness
- Lead brainstorming sessions, product negotiations with cross functional teams and coordinate multiple projects for the new WebApp
- Create CRQ for the production deployment, roll back plans and co ordinate with all the concerned teams for the deployment, ensure monitoring using tools like Foglight
- Analyze current lotus notes applications to be migrated to SharePoint, discuss with the users/owners about the functionalities and gather requirements
- Train the users/owners to use the new application functionality, owner tasks and access
- Map data from source to target for ETL work to SQL server 2005,Teradata
- Communicate to users about OCM organizational change management strategy and Go Live
- Recommend and discuss look and feel and Nice to have functionalities in the new applications
- Identify current Procurement processes and prepare process flow diagrams
- Work with Lawson Financial team to gather requirements for Financial, Reconciliation and Matching
- Gathered requirements from Business Groups for Oracle iprocurement, Purchasing, iSupplier, data marts, data warehousing team, BI and document them
- Get the Supplier data, Items data from the PNET database and analyze as required
- Prepare flow diagram of current 3 and 4-way document matching
- Facilitated JAD Joint Application Development sessions to identify business rules and requirements then documented them in BRD.
- Part of the SharePoint team to Add document library, modify the list and add webparts
- Creation of To Be Requisition Process of online requisition with ability to punch-out to supplier-managed catalogs using AIM methodology
- Creation of To Be Automated purchase order creation and dispatching using AIM methodology
- Participate in meetings with external punch-out vendors to discuss integration with Oracle EBS
- Chair project kick-off meeting
- Co-ordinate between Proc and Java J2EE teams IC and POS team Walgreen Technical and State Agency Technical teams
- Analyze the Compliance manual, make sure that requirements are in sync with compliance
- Chair technical meetings with state agency
- Chair Brain storming sessions with EDW enterprise data warehouse , MVS and Business to finalize the fields to be extracted and the fields to be reported
- Act as a liaison to various Business Analysts, Product Managers and Project Managers
- Review and make changes to Test Plan, Test conditions, Test Scripts and Test Sets.
- Analyze Service Broker Logs, Sniffer Logs and work with Load balance team, SB team, JMS team and App Admins to trouble shoot environment related issues in the Pilot/Production
- Work with Foglight team to setup the agents to monitor the JMS queue
Java, J2EE, JMS, Centura, Oracle EBS, Lawson Financial, Oracle 11g, ProC, Tuxedo, Spring, Linux, Oracle 11g, SQL, Teradata ,Agile, Waterfall, QC, MS Project, Visio, MS Office, Share Point, Quest, SQL server 2005/08
Confidential Business Analyst
Related are a builder, developer and property management company of commercial properties including over 26,000 apartments. RMC conversion project is to build new GL and AP interfaces, client server apps to JDEdwards and closing the existing interfaces to Lawson Financial
- Facilitated JAD , Gathered requirements from Business Groups, BI Groups, Individual users, ETL/SSIS, JDEdwards, Lawson financials, Data warehouse and SQL teams, gather configuration requirements to be saved in XML
- Create 'Data Mapping' from source system to target, prepare technical specification document for new cross-reference table for JDEdwards.
- Gather and analyze requirements for UI to rerun extraction packages in SharePoint 2007, gather requirements and create site in sharepoint, Add document library, modify the list and add webparts
- Analyzed Requirements, Wrote and maintained Business Requirements Documents BRDs and Functional Requirements Documents FRDs defining new system
- Create Process flow charts, UML Use Cases and Use Case Diagrams, detail oriented
- Create data dictionary and data mapping table with JDEdwards formatted fields
SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server, oracle, Xml, SQL, JDEdwards, Cognos, Lawson Financial, UML, .Net, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 2000, Requisite pro, MS Office, Share Point 2007
They are in the business of call center software. Improve business results by embedding unified communications UC capabilities directly into a business process. Concerto offers a comprehensive UC Implementation, Integration, and User Adoption Service
- Independently lead and plan and conduct multiple simultaneous projects
- Identify hardware requirements across support infrastructure
- Ensure that ad-hoc projects meet all of the sponsor expectations including timeliness
- Gathered requirements from Business Groups, Portico and SharePoint users.
- Work with Data warehouse, ETL, SQL server team to meet marketing team's requirements.
MS Visio, MS Project, Cognos, Exchange 2003, SOA, Server 2003, SSAS, MS Office, SharePoint MOSS , Call Center software, oracle, Java, Ajax, UML, telephony, Oracle, SQL, Requisite Pro. Visual Studio.
Confidential is a global leader in health care having worldwide network of manufacturing Pfizer WTE organization has decided that some of their applications that are on legacy technology will not be a supported Pfizer technology going forward.
Review Dashboards, Web sphere Portal applications and Cognos reports, analyze their data source, create reports, compare the results with excel spreadsheets, excel pivot tables, note the calculations, study the graphs, discover and document the formulas needed to display the values, position of needles and areas to be color coded. Prepare Functional requirement specification FRS documents which includes flow charts, formulas, definitions, sample tables with real data, well designed color Graphs including drilldown views and mockup screens, Review Domino applications, create new records, check table maintenance with admin privileges, create reports with search forms, test for their accuracy and note the bugs, check for overall usability and recommend enhancements
Pfizer Proprietary apps, Web sphere, Cognos, Domino, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 2000, MS Office, Photoshop, Share Point, Oracle and SQL
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential has been developed specifically for students earning an associate degree in business. The Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress MAPP test is a measure of college-level reading and other. These tests are delivered thru ITS program workshop platform for all the institutions and distance learning population.
- Prepare Change requests, scope Documents, wireframes
- Co-ordinate with different groups and prepare cost Estimates.
- Analyzed TSR Reports and added per Data warehouse team requirements.
MS Visio, MS Project, MS Visual SourceSafe, Java, Windows 2000, MS Office, Share Point, Dimensions, Java, Oracle .SQL
Sr. Business Analyst
Project: The new rating service will allow a PLS policy to be rated immediately without waiting for the nightly cycle processing. Part of that rating service includes validation of rating rules, report ordering, determination of price points, a rating engine, calculation of taxes and fees, generation of referrals, and archiving of transaction information.
- Facilitated JAD Joint Application Development sessions to identify business rules and requirements.
- Work with Data warehouse team on their requirements and impact
- Provided primary liaison between business/operations/ and COBOL development team.
- Analyzed Requirements and created Software Requirement Specification Document, Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams using Visio.
Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Xml, Cobol, DB2, RUP, Test Manager, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 2000, MS Office, Mainframe
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential is integrated with Powerman, which is production and planning. Scope of the project is adding new features to streamline the process and get straight to production to reduce cost, time, minimize the risk and to get faster delivery.
- Elicited demands from the stakeholders and analyzed them for consistency, flexibility and completeness.
- Organized workshops with Subject Matter Experts to obtain domain level information
- Enterprise analysis and develop business process mappings to integrate with supply chain