- Over 8 years of total experience primarily in financial services sector specializing in business analysis, requirement gathering, business and workflow processes, data modeling, review and testing, risk assessment, usecase methodology, business requirement documents BRD /functional specifications in order to provide solutions to meet end user requirements.
- Possess skills in financial modeling, data analysis using SQL and Excel, industry competitive intelligence, due diligence, cost-benefit analysis, financial reporting.
- Experience in and knowledge of asset management, portfolio accounting and capital markets and worked on issues involving complex instruments such as swaps, mortgage backed securities, pools and other investment related issues.
- Collaborated with vendors such as EquiLend, ADP/Broadridge, Bloomberg, Calypso.
- Experience in data warehousing Relational and hierarchical databases, ETL processes.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle SDLC .
- Financial Tools Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MorningstarDirect, FactSet
- Statistical Tools/Packages Palisade Statistical Package Time Series, Regression Risk, Solver
- Programming/Software SQL, PL/SQL, Cobol/Mainframes, Rational Rose, MS Office Suite including Visio, Excel, Power point, Access, IBM Certified DB2 Professional
- Database Oracle, Sybase
Senior Business Analyst
- Shortlisted 14 companies from the universe of companies in the auto component sector using valuation methods such as margin analysis to measure the performance potential of a business.
- Based on business type, qualitative nature, financing requirements of the companies, and the changing
- dynamics of the industry, adopted a scoring/ranking method to identify investment opportunities.
- Evaluated financial technology sector with a focus on corporate action service providers, and performed financial analysis and competitive benchmarking.
- Created a marketing plan and brand strategy to expand target market.
- Prime Brokerage Finance Defined business and functional requirements to achieve a reduction in balance sheet receivables and in margin with the required change in legal entity structure IHC formation in order to meet Dodd Frank regulatory requirements related to FBO 9B and FBO 9A at the same time addressing Basel III and liquidity requirements.
- Prepared workflow process/model with swift messaging for FBO 9A, assisted with the reporting functionality for regulatory reports and recommended methods to help meet the end result thereby minimizing regulatory risks and optimizing collateral utilization.
- Technology: Sybase, SQL Developer, Front end application/GUI
Senior Business Analyst
Defined requirements to get aggregate security lending and performance data across all security finance firms from vendors EquiLend and Markit in order to be able to facilitate business intelligence reporting that will support security finance trading and enhance the capability of portfolio estimator model through data or trend analysis.
- Created a data model/mapping for the Investment View IV with a focus on synthetic instruments which are instruments created by IV to allow look through capabilities to investors. Investment View interacts with trading and accounting applications, receives capital market feeds from vendors and manages and presents data in a way that allows portfolio managers and analysts to view their exposure to securities/instruments.
- Provided solutions to user queries related to their fixed income and derivative positions, and help resolve any discrepancies related to security data including bond ratings, analytics and performance data.
- Technology: Oracle 11g SQL/PLSQL , PL/SQL Developer, Front end application and reporting interface
- Provided business solutions to meet the financial/ regulatory reporting requirements including standard and latest requirements such as FAS 157/161 of funds for which State Street provides the accounting or/and custodian services.
- User requirements capture and data analysis to facilitate business IT transformation activities for the financial data repository accounting datawarehouse application. These include organizational initiatives to move towards cloud infrastructure to optimize resources and database migration to support big data.
- Technology: Oracle 11g/10g SQL/PLSQL/DAL , Front end web application/reporting interface, CICS screen
- Assessed lower middle-market M A opportunities buy-side engagement , due diligence, and devised growth and capital strategy in food and beverage sector.
- Sourced projects and made introductions for funding real estate deals published marketing material.
Senior Associate Business Analyst
- Built capabilities and improved processes in a customized order-management tool for 4000 EDS' network users who create and monitor network order requests and manage resources across the firm for both external and internal clients. Estimated cost savings of 100/user.
- Gathered business requirements to enhance the existing tool as well as document requirements to re-engineer the entire reporting functionality so that the same could be implemented in Business Objects.
- Technology: XML Query, XSL, HTML style sheet, Oracle tool, Java, Web services, Crystal Reporting, Oracle
- RFP preparation, effort estimation and writing usecases for Aegon's intranet and internet websites.
- Worked in coordination with the user interface team to give valuable inputs to the design of Aegon websites.
- Technology: Portal, Web Content Management and Web/Business Services
- Facilitated workshop sessions to understand the needs of the Editorial users across regions and proposed new News Production process to senior management with new capabilities and enhanced features.
- Prepared detailed workflow analysis and diagrams along with the business rules and requirements.
- Technology: Microsoft Visio and Excel